You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

You can't put team results on individual moments like that. 

Atalanta,we were woeful all over the and and they could have had 5 or 6.

To say the result would be have been different if nunez had taken 1 chance,is absurd.

I didn’t say I agreed, I clearly stated he wasn’t the only wasteful player and we’d made mistakes at the back, however, there is a clear pattern of him not taking his chances - he’s an easy target. 

Yes, Atalanta we were really poor, I sincerely doubt it would have been the same game had we gone 1-0 up. 

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I don't remember Suarez hitting the post so often at all. I remember him hitting the back of the net a ton though.

This narrative of Suarez struggling early in his Liverpool career before coming good is bizarre to me; he hit the ground running and continued on in that same vein until he went mental.

Under Dalglish he hit the post and bar an awful lot. 

It wasn’t until Rodgers took over he hit the back of the next significantly more often. 

You are right though, in terms of performance, he did hit the ground running. It was obvious what a talented players he was from his first couple of games. 

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

I don't remember Suarez hitting the post so often at all. I remember him hitting the back off the net a ton though.

This narrative of Suarez struggling early in his Liverpool career before coming good is bizarre to me; he hit the ground running and continued on in that same vein until he went mental.

I had to defend Suarez a lot on here during his second season (first full season), he scored only 11 goals in the league in 31 games, 29 starts. But he was clearly affected by the Evra episode as he went on a seven game stretch without scoring from that game on. 

In his first season he scored 4 goals in the league in 13 games, 12 starts. 

These are his stats from the PL in his second season, he scored in 9 out of 31 games. 

IMG_0787.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yeah, me too. He gets a chance for a fresh start with a new coach. He's a volume shooter in a game where you need to be clinical. He's had some terrible luck with marginal moments, and it's all made worse when the rest of the attack is also missing everything, but he creates chances at such a rate he could still come around to the point where he makes a major impact.

Pretty much where I'm at too. He's infuriating, but has enough attributes that he can stretch defences and cause problems. 

But if Slot decides he can't work with that, I won't be crying.

Imagine how much of a cunt you are to message someone on social media and giving them shit? A proper Billy big bollocks move eh.

Get a fucking grip you pathetic twats. Has he been disappointing? Yeah, but not as bad as he's being made out to be. I hope Slot gives him a chance next season. 

• Upvote 3

New manager may give him another year to prove himself it depends what happens in the summer, if a few clubs are interested and the money is right Edwards may well get rid…..

The social media abuse is pathetic but that’s life these days, sad little cunts abusing players.

6 hours ago, Chris said:

It was my first game for a couple of months yesterday, but it felt like the crowd lost patience with him yesterday. A huge audible groan when he was offside about 30 seconds after coming off and then some real frustration when he biffed that one on one. Not sure if that's been happening in the ground in recent weeks?

For me the derby miss was the final straw for a very patient camels back. Probably the same for most. 
Mind you I struggled to sing anyone’s name yesterday. I felt seriously pissed off with them for letting Klopp down.

• Upvote 1

Look I'm not saying that Liverpool fans are the biggest gobshites in all of football, or that they never deserved Klopp's success...

Sorry that's exactly what I'm saying.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I sincerely hope you’re right. I think he’s had more than enough minutes, opportunities and certainly chances.

His all round game is generally good, can you teach that ice in your vibes composure somebody like Sturridge or Mane had? 

He doesn’t deserve another season. He has proved time and time again he is not clinical enough in front of goal. You don’t need 3 fucking seasons to work it out. We want to operate like a serious club and there’s no room for sentiment, and I’m not sure he’s deserving of any of it.

• Upvote 1

Some are using the fact he’s hit the post 14 times….. as well hitting countless chances straight at the keeper isn’t it just bad finishing ? 

I’d love him to succeed, I can’t really recall many goals he’s scored where he’s just finessed one in the corner like top strikers do, it’s all rushed and manic like how Cisse used to be, hit fuck out of it and hope for the best, it just isn’t good enough.

All cunts though for having an opinion on someone who’s shit the bed, I wish I was a top red.

• Upvote 1

I was watching LFC TV in my dad's last night (all he watches is football, any football, Tipping Point and The Chase). They showed the Villarreal UEFA Cup game. At the end Klopp did the first pump thing to the Kop. Obviously a bit naive to things in his early days, he tried it with the Main Stand as he was approaching the tunnel and drew a complete blank.

As well as having to keep the team going, Klopp's worked his fucking bollocks off trying to keep the crowd positive. It's fucking energy sapping and debilitating.

If he hadn't worked so hard on the crowd, he'd have been getting what Houllier, Benitez and Rodgers got by now. And he isn't stupid enough not to know it.

The mad thing is, the crying cunts actually thing they really are that mythical "twelfth man", fucking "wacker, the spirit of scouse"

From another forum.

Sums up Liverpool fans perfectly.

The last Liverpool player I remember removing all mentions of Liverpool fc from his social media ( a very mature move) was ‘superior Raheem Sterling’ Jordan Ibe. Obviously got told he was being fucked off.

3 minutes ago, Dicko said:

I was watching LFC TV in my dad's last night (all he watches is football, any football, Tipping Point and The Chase). They showed the Villarreal UEFA Cup game. At the end Klopp did the first pump thing to the Kop. Obviously a bit naive to things in his early days, he tried it with the Main Stand as he was approaching the tunnel and drew a complete blank.

As well as having to keep the team going, Klopp's worked his fucking bollocks off trying to keep the crowd positive. It's fucking energy sapping and debilitating.

If he hadn't worked so hard on the crowd, he'd have been getting what Houllier, Benitez and Rodgers got by now. And he isn't stupid enough not to know it.

The mad thing is, the crying cunts actually thing they really are that mythical "twelfth man", fucking "wacker, the spirit of scouse"

From another forum.

Sums up Liverpool fans perfectly.

Ok mate.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

He doesn’t deserve another season. He has proved time and time again he is not clinical enough in front of goal. You don’t need 3 fucking seasons to work it out. We want to operate like a serious club and there’s no room for sentiment, and I’m not sure he’s deserving of any of it.

Its not a moral  or emotional decision its a practical one. Who cares what he "deserves".

If we can't get a good fee for him we might as well keep him as a squad player. 

Just now, Reckoner said:

The last Liverpool player I remember removing all mentions of Liverpool fc from his social media ( a very mature move) was ‘superior Raheem Sterling’ Jordan Ibe. Obviously got told he was being fucked off.

Or maybe the lads just had enough of getting vile abuse levelled at him by the 'fans' on those platforms?

Strange behaviour all round.

Always amazes me that high profile people bother with social media, or at least don't get someone to manage it for them.

When people talk of threats etc they're never (or very rarely) genuine or credible.

We then get this bollocks how it's "Liverpool fans" doing it, when it's probably a half dozen oddballs. 

The fact he sat there and bothered to delete all those posts makes me question the lad's mental health and maturity to be honest.

Nunez has had huge support, continues to have huge support.

Fans by and large get shitloads of grief these days for little reward. 

Klopp is vastly wealthy. The owners are vastly wealthy, the players are vastly wealthy. Any one of them would (and have) fuck us off at the drop of a hat.

The club plays under market value to its non playing staff, does fuck all for the anfield community, tried to furlough its staff, tried to fucking copyright the name liverpool and the fucking liver bird. Not a peep from Klopp, just wants you to respond to his fist pump- but will shout and scream at you if you request a fist pump and he doesn't consider one appropriate. 

Klopp fucking cries when people sing his name, cries when they try to high five him, cries when someone writes or says something he doesn't like. 

The fans do day jobs all week and pay what little they have to watch a game which is increasingly shite, purely to support the club of their fathers. That always has been and always will be taken for granted.

I've never liked going to live games because I don't like to pay good money to be treated like an animal. You only get that experience in stadiums, concerts and night clubs. Shit overpriced booze and food, get corralled out as soon as they want you gone, thank you and fuck off.

Then you have to get all this the liverpool family marketing shite rammed down your throat.

Yeah, watch me play shite on loads of money, support me anyway lest Klopp call you a slag and say he'd rather give your seat to the Chinese.

Buy your kid a two tier fucking shirt with the most expensive being over a hundred notes, sold to you by club staff who're being paid less than you'd get in Asda, in the shadow of streets that look like something from Fallout 4.

Fuck, right, off.

How anyone idolises these cunts amazes me. As a form of entertainment now I consider it to be somewhere between Netflix and the pictures.

We've been ratted out here boys. Watch it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Shirley we / he does all that? I’d be disappointed if he doesn’t. 

Well I thought the interesting part was about the sports science fuckwads preventing players from doing all that.

14 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

Well I thought the interesting part was about the sports science fuckwads preventing players from doing all that.

Hmmm, maybe that’s why Birmingham got relegated! 

I believe that he’ll never be at the level that we need if we want to continue challenging for honours.

Saying that, given the outlay and a possible reluctance to cut our losses because of that, I think he’ll still be here next season.

If he is, that should really be last chance saloon for him. A worrying development in his play, to add to the lack of composure and his inability to stay onside, is that the “chaos” element to his game seems to have gone too. 

Granted, it’s sometimes difficult to be on the bench and then come on and be at the top of your game. But, he seems to be having very little effect on the games he’s involved in other than being offside or surrendering possession with a dodgy touch or flick. 

If he's getting shit on line then shame on those who give him shit but as a grown man who has a kid himself maybe he would be best just fucking social media off full stop or just letting someone else handle his public profile that gives no shits to what is written it exists merely as a PR page while he has his own private page for those he wants to share with. 

• Upvote 1