You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

Chelsea don't need him at all. They actually for once did the smart thing and spent only about 30m on a raw striker and could quite easily have him be just a squad player, instead of spending a possible club record on one. 

3 hours ago, Em City said:

That is pretty damning tbf. I had him down as your typical ruthless South American player, a characteristic which would see him good in the long term.

It turns out he is actually somewhat soft and something of a bottler. The miss the other night was criminal, any striker at any professional should be able to bury that, but he gave the old wallop and hope; a pure Djibril Cisse finish i.e shite and brainless.

You talking about the one he hit straight at Pickford?

I was angry at that one but this one my head nearly exploded...

He sees the ball coming for 30 yards, one defender completely out the game, the other in no mans land, ball is straight into his path, can use his left or right to control and then shoot

Screenshot_2024-04-26-20-56-35-841_com.google.android.youtube.thumb.jpg.dd2f01e99b12f6b1d1199b6c372aa464.jpg

Mother fucker ends up in this position:

Screenshot_2024-04-26-21-01-30-226_com.google.android.youtube.thumb.jpg.5e7b1426ac6f3faf5a4d8c266e86d830.jpg

Hahahaha

It's so bad you can only laugh. He's fucking shit man

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

You talking about the one he hit straight at Pickford?

That's the one. When put into context, that could be the worst miss of them all this season, including the shockers against Luton and at home to those of those group stage Europa League teams. 

4 hours ago, Jennings said:

Tish and pish. He's been shite from the first game where he got himself sent off for being impulsive.

He's limited  - mainly by his impulsiveness. Someone can chuck some stats around, but just trust what you see. Repeated misses of easy chances - sometimes missing the ball. Being offside when he shouldn't. Making bad choices of shot selection.  

Fuck you gamer 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I heard podcast say he's been offside 30 times.and Man City as a team have only been off 33 times. Surely that's bollocks.

Man City have as a team been offside 34 times, we have been offside 80 times, only the red Mancs 86 have more. 

Nunez leads the league with being flagged off 30 times,Nicolas Jackson second with 26

Nunez 30

Diaz 13

Salah 12

Gakpo 6 

Jones 5

Man City have as a team been offside 34 times, we have been offside 80 times, only the red Mancs 86 have more. 

Nunez leads the league with being flagged off 30 times,Nicolas Jackson second with 26

Nunez 30

Diaz 13

Salah 12

Gakpo 6 

Jones 5

Haaland has been caught offside twice

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Darwin Nunez is boss. Go and fuck yourselves. 

He might be or might become boss but at the minute he's the least clinical forward in Europe and is born offside. Even as his biggest fan you have to admit he needs to improve massively. Unrealised potential is worthless.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He might be or might become boss but at the minute he's the least clinical forward in Europe and is born offside. Even as his biggest fan you have to admit he needs to improve massively. Unrealised potential is worthless.

Trust me on this. Kelly Brooks tits 

10 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I heard podcast say he's been offside 30 times.and Man City as a team have only been off 33 times. Surely that's bollocks.

Was just thinking earlier that there are huge parallels between himself and Timo Werner.

Big with the numbers nerds during their time in Germany and Portugal, at least one very good but misleading scoring season and then generally just disappointment with big clubs.

Both seem to struggle with the offside rule too. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Elite said:

He's getting outscored by Ollie Watkins and Solanke, who aren't exactly top class players themselves. He's not good enough.

I like Solanke, but maybe he isn’t good enough for us still. Plenty of Bournemouth links now if we were to pursue him. 

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Big with the numbers nerds during their time in Germany and Portugal, at least one very good but misleading scoring season and then generally just disappointment with big clubs

Wasn't he signed largely on being good against us and being a handsome boy?

Not sure he showed up that well on that stats it was more 'vibes'.

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Wasn't he signed largely on being good against us and being a handsome boy?

Not sure he showed up that well on that stats it was more 'vibes'.

Did he not have some crazy level of ‘involvements’ in the final third or something, similar to here?

The big mistake was the assumption that the conversion rate would improve. I still tell myself (or did until a few weeks ago) that it inevitably will/would.

The exact same will happen next season. He’ll have a few great periods and then a 12-game streak where he can’t do anything when we’re in the mix for honours.

He doesn’t have the mentality, sadly. 

He’s probably still a £50m player. Get rid and spend wisely. 

His numbers improved as the rest of the team deteriorated in that season at Benfica. It was the same impact that Ronaldo had on Utd when he scored 20 in his second spell and everyone else dropped dramatically because they were more concerned with giving him chances.

Neither his build up play or his goalscoring over the long term was good enough for the price we paid.

7 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Was just thinking earlier that there are huge parallels between himself and Timo Werner.

Big with the numbers nerds during their time in Germany and Portugal, at least one very good but misleading scoring season and then generally just disappointment with big clubs.

Both seem to struggle with the offside rule too. 

Werner is the perfect comparison. Made it many times.

• Upvote 1

Darwin Nunez, who has virtually cost Liverpool the title by himself with his countless glaring misses across the course of the campaign, is among those facing a fight to win over the incoming Slot. And rightly so as there is every chance he might not receive the loyalty displayed by Klopp.

From an article today by Ryan Taylor 

While even I wouldn't lay the blame solely at Nunez's feet, how much impact is the forwards (all of them) inefficiency having on the defensive unit when they know they need to be near perfect or the game is over?

13 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

While even I wouldn't lay the blame solely at Nunez's feet, how much impact is the forwards (all of them) inefficiency having on the defensive unit when they know they need to be near perfect or the game is over?

Works both ways that.

The forwards are under pressure to score at least twice for circa 70 minutes every match due to our propensity to conceed an early goal.

I don't go into this whole defence vs attack blame game. I'm only interested in whether a player is good enough. After 2 years I don't think he is anywhere near the required level.

It's all starting to get a bit messy at the top end though. Does Diaz want to leave? Does Salah want to leave? Do you keep Nunez if you think he doesn't cut it? Then we have an injured Jota and a yet to convince Gakpo. All of a sudden Slot could be looking at having to build an entire new frontline but is it possible for him to do that in one window? What a fucking month.

12 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

If you look at the league table we’ve scored slightly less than Arsenal and Abu Dhabi, and conceded slightly more. So the narrative you’re trying to build here doesnt really fit with reality, at least not for tje season as a whole. For a few of the games though, like United away both cup and league, I think all the missed chances were the main reason we lost, and it may put some sort of pressure on the defence at some stage.