You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome To Liverpool Fabio Carvalho...

Another perspective from that same interview with Carvalho on TransferMarket.

In fact, Transfermarkt understands that Carvalho was never fully in Klopp's plans, and instead, the player was pushed onto the popular German manager by people no longer involved in the club's transfer business. It, therefore, remains to be seen whether Carvalho's future will be in Liverpool, 

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

I can't see how it reflects badly on a 19 year old lad uprooted from his home, rather than a manager in his 50's who pursued him doggedly for a good while.

He is a manager who’s had hundreds of players in his career who constantly praise his human approach and man management skills. Anyone who has communication issues with Klopp needs to look in the mirror in my view.

He sounds like a bit of a spoilt baby in the stuff I read (although he is obviously young). He has some real growing up to do. Even that stuff about we don't play with 10s, well he knew that before he arrived, get on with it. He got given a great chance when he arrived and was given game time - certainly more than you'd have thought the day we signed him. The fact he was pretty much discarded by the end of the season I think is testament to how he was dealing with training day to day. That can include interactions with the manager - but as someone else has pointed out, we have a manager who's renowned for his man management skills. If there's a failing, it's probably with the player. 

I didn't see anything in his game to suggest he could make it with us. So hopefully RBL can get him on a path where he can be of use for us and if not useful, saleable. 

He's got a lot of talent, but yeah, I think there was a point where they mixed it up on the training ground and he doesn't seem to have reacted well to the reduced play time. A loan was probably for the best, especially at a club where he'll have to fight to stay in the team. Got Werner, sesko and Simons to compete with.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Clubs announced he's back from loan. 

LATEST NEWS BREAKING: Fabio Carvalho returns to Liverpool from loan spell with RB Leipzig

Fabio Carvalho racked up 15 appearances for RB Leipzig in the first half of 2023-24.

Portugal U-21 international Fabio Carvalho has returned to Liverpool from his loan spell with RB Leipzig, the club has confirmed.

x

The 21-year-old joined the Bundesliga side on a season-long loan in the summer but struggled for game time.

He featured in 15 games across all competitions, with most of his appearances coming as a substitute.

A club statement reads: “Fabio Carvalho has returned to Liverpool from his loan spell with RB Leipzig.

“The attacker comes back to the Reds having spent the first half of 2023-24 in the Bundesliga and made 15 appearances for Die Roten Bullen, whom he had initially joined on a season-long deal.

“Carvalho arrived at Anfield in the summer of 2022 and has featured 21 times under Jürgen Klopp to date,

scoring three goals.”

Will likely be out on loan again. 

Wouldn't mind keeping hold of him for a couple of weeks to maybe help with rotation up top. 

• Upvote 1

If the intention is to loan him out again this season, he won't be playing for us in January as he can only play for 2 clubs in a season and he has already made a few appearances for Leipzig. I think he will actually play for us this month, and for the rest of the season he will take up the squad place and minutes of Doak. It will be very handy for us if he can provide a viable back-up option in Mo's position even though they aren't the same type of player. When he was at Fulham and tearing it up in the Championship, he looked like a Coutinho with more pace but less long-range shooting prowess.

We need numbers up front; he needs minutes; we’re at a point where we can take control of the title race; he’s at an age where he’s either going to be a proper pro or a fancy fan who floats around a dozen clubs over the next 15 years. 
Bottom line, if he goes out for a second loan then I can’t see him making it here. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

We’re down to four attackers with Mo gone. We might need Carvalho for a few minutes here and there, especially if we’ve another injury. 

We're right in the shit if we need him. I'd have kaide Gordon in front of him to be honest. And certainly Elliot, Jones or Dom in the front line before him. Just ship him out. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We're right in the shit if we need him. I'd have kaide Gordon in front of him to be honest. And certainly Elliot, Jones or Dom in the front line before him. Just ship him out. 

Haha, maybe you’re right. Scored a couple of goals for us in fairness to him though. Would be great if Gordon was good enough to get a few minutes over next while.

16 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Haha, maybe you’re right. Scored a couple of goals for us in fairness to him though. Would be great if Gordon was good enough to get a few minutes over next while.

Yeah, he got a couple of goals, but he was probably one of, if not the worse player I've ever seen without a ball. He needs to go somewhere to learn to be a footballer.  We've spent the whole season getting our midifled and forward line working well in the counter press, we can't be throwing this fella into it now and fucking it all up. 

• 2 weeks later...