You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benfica (A) - UCL Quarter Final 1st leg, Tue 5th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

57 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Hope the blind fella who lashed his stick at Diaz when he celebrated can find his way home. 

Must have been blind corner. There were about 20 of them on the pitch. 

(they were the poles from their Chelsea flags). Shame, good atmosphere as well tonight. Can understand them hating Diaz but fuck me, could have taken someones eye out. 

38 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Who was the bird on BT who said we have defensive frailties which city will exploit? 

Didn't realises we had frailties as we've not been conceding much. 

18 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Rachel Brown-Finnis

Former Liverpool goalie - but she went on to spend most of her career with Everton, so you'd expect her to be clueless about top-level football.

On 02/04/2022 at 13:58, Pureblood said:

No, I'm not trolling anyone.  If I was trolling, I would take the coronavirus stuff to multiple threads and cause bother that way.  I'm not interested in doing that.  I keep my shit to one thread, the very opposite of trolling.

1 hour ago, Pureblood said:

Djokovic (legend) doesn't win every match in straight sets, his opponent will put up a fight at some stage. 

wry-smile-dog.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We're obviously far better than them, but Benfica showed guts there. They made the game crazy after Konaté's unfortunate mistake. Nunez is very direct, was difficult to stop 1v1. He is for sure one to watch. Konaté was shaky but that's something that will happen sometimes with his youth and the way we defend.

Otherwise, players that stood out were Keita, Diaz and Trent. All awesome. Diaz is incredible. The 2nd goal is one of my favourites ever. Klopp's Liverpool to a tee with how quick we were after recovering the ball.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sir roger said:

He has underwhelmed on numerous occasions, but any criticism tonight is agenda driven.

I really want him to be the player I thought he was when we bought him. Last night I really didn't know whether he was right, left or central midfield. He really undid a lot of good work in winning the ball with a poor underhit pass. Certainly wasn't the lone culprit in the 2nd half  tho'.

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think that would be you if you see him as some kind of hero for being too lazy to have injections to prevent the deaths of others. Feel free to have a strop and leave again if you like. You've even changed your username to incite others who arent selfish bastards.

Djokovic has his reasons for being unvaccinated and laziness is not one of them 

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Must have been blind corner. There were about 20 of them on the pitch. 

(they were the poles from their Chelsea flags). Shame, good atmosphere as well tonight. Can understand them hating Diaz but fuck me, could have taken someones eye out. 

It'll be interesting to see what, if any, action gets taken. They seem to slap a hefty fine on us if someone lights a flare. The kind of nonsense last night ought to get serious penalties.

8 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Who was the bird on BT who said we have defensive frailties which city will exploit? 

Exactly. Any time that crap gets argued they really should force the pundit to talk their way through our actual defensive record this season. The same as when they do the lazy criticism of Trent - ask them for specific examples, don't just let them repeat a claim that even that idiot Southgate seems to have accepted without question.

9 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

I especially liked her insight when she was saying about how Jurgen shouldn't analyse where things went wrong in the game as we got the 3 points away from home.

9 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

The ref was the MOTM, IMO. Not in the market for the bullshit, let the game flow, no cheap free-kicks, etc.

Impressed with Diaz, of course.

I don't know if it was that he didn't play on the week-end, or that he paced himself better, but it was great to see him running as hard in the 90th minute as he was in the first.

Can't be as wasteful on the week-end.

I thought the ref was excellent in the first half but got a bit picky in the second half. Still much better than those PL cunts though.

Good performance and result. 

Getting in was a shambles last night. 

Firstly, you had to pick up your e-ticket from a Liverpool hotel in Lisbon. Matching the ticket, to peoples names and passports seemed unnecessary but LFC were clear on what was needed and some of our supporters obviously can’t read…

Anyway, onto the ground. Massive queues to get in for more passport and ticket name checks. Quite why this was needed when LFC did it all earlier in the day just seems undeniably stupid. 

The Lisbon Robocop brigade were out in force, some of them looking like they were itching to start twatting people. 

At kick off, I bet our end was only half full. 

After the game, no announcement we were being kept in so it seemed we were leaving but could only get to the concourse and they had to wait until precisely 10.30pm for them open exit which our whole end was forced out of, we were then frog marched by the Robocops back to the Metro. 

Completely ridiculous and un-necessarily and if it had kicked off, the Lisbon police would have caused it all themselves.  

Yesterday was a good day, it’s been a good trip, shit like this leaves a sour taste. They won’t be treated like that next week. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pureblood said:

What do people expect, for us to go out and steamroll every opponent for 90 minutes?  It isn't remotely realistic, especially in a CL quarter final. 

It’s possible, but to do so you have to play a style of football like city play, which suffocates the opposition, and personally I’d rather watch us every day of the week than watch that.