You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

13 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Think someone on here a good few weeks ago said "if Bajcetic sees any league time something has seriously gone wrong". He has and it has. That has been while we have been playing 1 game a week. 

Giving a youngster 10 minutes at the end of a 9-0 win definitely heralds the coming of the apocalypse.

Or its exactly the kind of minutes young players should be getting.

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

That makes absolutely no sense. Unless Gallagher is on loan.

Still a shit signing.

I thought that, but it was intimated that Broja and Gallacher were counted as £60m and the whole thing £85m. I would snap their hands off if it is true and I was Everton.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've been told we made an enquiry about ward-prowse last week. I don't know if anything more has come of it. 

If FSG have petitioned for the use of a designated hitter and he just comes on for set pieces that could work. 

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

If Chelsea are switching their attention to Zaha (final year of contract, much better than Gordon) then it might make sense for them to sell as part of the deal. 

Why would Chelsea want Zaha? All he can do is run fast, other than that he's shite. 

19 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Giving a youngster 10 minutes at the end of a 9-0 win definitely heralds the coming of the apocalypse.

Or its exactly the kind of minutes young players should be getting.

You can be as sarcastic as you like.

It was a great win but with Newcastle up next and Everton at the weekend it shouldn't really be lost on anyone that Fabinho still had to play 90 mins. 

We have Van Dijk saying that we will need lots of midfielders but such is our position now we don't even have enough to rest our two best ones.

If they go down with an injury on Wednesday, or God forbid if we don't get anyone in, on Saturday, that could well feel like the apocalypse.

The win allowed us to start building some momentum. A good signing would aid that no end.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chairman Meow said:

If FSG have petitioned for the use of a designated hitter and he just comes on for set pieces that could work. 

Why would Chelsea want Zaha? All he can do is run fast, other than that he's shite. 

I don't have a direct line to their transfer department, but I'm assuming the logic is similar to the Gordon move.

An Everton fan on Gordon…

Good thing is his value will be higher then.

I said before no way should we sell him yet and the bidding starts at 75 mill in Jan and United or City might join the race.

If we get Broja, Gallagher and a chunk of cash then maybe.

Am I watching a different Anthony Gordon? What?

I wouldn't want to swap him anyway. We've got the best player to come out of Merseyside since Rooney and we should do all we can to keep him. We should have moved on now from those days where Rooney was so quickly sold.

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Am I watching a different Anthony Gordon? What?

I wouldn't want to swap him anyway. We've got the best player to come out of Merseyside since Rooney and we should do all we can to keep him. We should have moved on now from those days where Rooney was so quickly sold.

It's worse than that apparently Gordon pushing for move to "boost his chances of making world Cup squad" . Now I know their fan base is delusional ......... 

• Upvote 1

We have an unbelievable amount of games from now until it all stops for that world cup shite and the schedule is relentless.

All our rivals have strengthed and are strengthening - it would just feel like we are really missing a kick if we don't  - and by strengthening right now i don't necessarily mean buying a world beater for midfield - be great if we could of course - i am talking about adding some much needed depth and reliability so we aren't relying on wastes of space like Keita and Ox and so we can rotate/rest players and of course cover injuries without a massive drop off or even worse having nobody available because the cover are injured yet again too.

37 minutes ago, Anubis said:

An Everton fan on Gordon…

Good thing is his value will be higher then.

I said before no way should we sell him yet and the bidding starts at 75 mill in Jan and United or City might join the race.

If we get Broja, Gallagher and a chunk of cash then maybe.

Borja, Gallagher & cash would be amazing business for them, they should be biting Chelsea’s hand off

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

We have an unbelievable amount of games from now until it all stops for that world cup shite and the schedule is relentless.

All our rivals have strengthed and are strengthening - it would just feel like we are really missing a kick if we don't  - and by strengthening right now i don't necessarily mean buying a world beater for midfield - be great if we could of course - i am talking about adding some much needed depth and reliability so we aren't relying on wastes of space like Keita and Ox and so we can rotate/rest players and of course cover injuries without a massive drop off or even worse having nobody available because the cover are injured yet again too.

Thiago is the biggest concern our best midfielder but we cant rely on him he will come back play a few games and get injured again if anything we need someone we can rely on

Out of the ones we’ve been realistically linked with (Neves, Tielemans and Laimer) I’d much rather have Laimer than the other two. 

I mean, I’d take any of them at the minute because we need bodies and Neves and Tielemans could do a job but Laimer fits our team a lot better in my opinion. 

He’s not as good technically as the other two but he has attributes they don’t that I think would be more beneficial to the team. He’s great at pressing which is something that hasn’t been up to scratch this season and he’s got a much better mentality than Tielemans if not Neves. 

Mainly though his versatility and pace appeal to me massively. He can play the left or right 8 or cover for Fab and play right back if needed. And he’d not only be our fastest midfielder by a considerable distance, which is something we desperately need, he’d be one of the fastest players in the squad. He’d be ideal covering for Trent when he goes upfield. 

27376B72-0475-438D-85A3-CC8D1AC0119D.png

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Thiago is the biggest concern our best midfielder but we cant rely on him he will come back play a few games and get injured again if anything we need someone we can rely on

Sadly we have to accept that he will miss at least a third of our games - probably more.

Having enough good, reliable cover for the periods he inevitably misses is a must.