You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

2 hours ago, Pureblood said:

It was sold to people like you on the basis that it would reduce transmission.  That's why people like you bought into the whole "it's the best thing you can do to protect your loved ones" thing, which was a blatant lie. 

Er, no.

From day one of vaccination programme, I was led to believe it reduces the chance of dying and not transmission. This was clearly stated and the reason why we still wear masks you know, to reduce transmission.

By the Lords fuck you are a tedious spunkmouth.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Er, no.

From day one of vaccination programme, I was led to believe it reduces the chance of dying and not transmission. This was clearly stated and the reason why we still wear masks you know, to reduce transmission.

By the Lords fuck you are a tedious spunkmouth.

That's just denying reality, really.  Everyone was told that the vaccines would help prevent symptomatic Covid, which most people would interpret as meaning transmission.

You can't rewrite history, it's all documented.

Just now, Pureblood said:

That's just denying reality, really.  Everyone was told that the vaccines would help prevent symptomatic Covid, which most people would interpret as meaning transmission.

You can't rewrite history, it's all documented.

Stop it.

NHS!!!

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

Stop it.

NHS!!!

The link I've copied below is typical of the information that was put out at the time, in November 2020, when the build up to the vaccines being rolled out was in full propaganda swing.  People like you and Clem H Fandango believed it, assuming that the jabs would give you a 95% reduction in the chance of getting Covid-19.

Obviously we now know it's not true, but there's no shame in admitting that you were lied to and induced into taking the jabs on the basis of information similar to what I've copied below.    

https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/18/pfizer-biontech-covid19-vaccine-fda-data/

Pfizer and BioNTech announced Wednesday that the efficacy portion of their Covid-19 vaccine trial has been completed, showing the vaccine to prevent 95% of cases of the disease.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Pureblood said:

People like you and Clem H Fandango believed it, assuming that the jabs would give you a 95% reduction in the chance of getting Covid-19.

Obviously we now know it's not true, but there's no shame in admitting that you were lied to and induced into taking the jabs on the basis of information similar to what I've copied below.    

Pfizer and BioNTech announced Wednesday that the efficacy portion of their Covid-19 vaccine trial has been completed, showing the vaccine to prevent 95% of cases of the disease.

Who the fuck are you to make a judgement on what I believe in?

2 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Who the fuck are you to make a judgement on what I believe in?

I'm someone who has lived through this pandemic and witnessed the goalpost shifting. 

Even if you personally were not taken in by the kind of propaganda referred to in my previous post, many other people were.

4 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

The link I've copied below is typical of the information that was put out at the time, in November 2020, when the build up to the vaccines being rolled out was in full propaganda swing.  People like you and Clem H Fandango believed it, assuming that the jabs would give you a 95% reduction in the chance of getting Covid-19.

A trial of 170.

Look, its always been clear what the vaccine was meant to do, reduce hospitalisations. To make the virus less dangerous. If you were developing a vaccine that would be your primary aim, not to make it less infectious. Obviously if that could be achieved then great but not the primary aim. 

I was not taken in, I took the vaccine to make me less likely to be seriously ill. Its fucking common sense.

Just now, A Red said:

Look, its always been clear what the vaccine was meant to do, reduce hospitalisations. To make the virus less dangerous. 

That's not true.  The vaccines were sold on the basis that they would prevent 95% of symptomatic cases, like in that article I've just posted.

You've been had. 

3 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

That's not true.  The vaccines were sold on the basis that they would prevent 95% of symptomatic cases, like in that article I've just posted.

You've been had. 

The article you just posted was based on a trial of 170 people.

Despite your jibes its you that has misunderstood the message. Get the vaccine, do social distancing, wear a mask and help save others. Clearly the vaccine was to stop as many people being seriously ill and the other stuff to help curb the spread. Why do you think new social distancing measures are being brought in now to help fight against a more contagious strain? I'll tell you, its a numbers game. The % who get omicron will be higher than before but the vaccine will hopefully keep hospital numbers manageable.

It was never "get the vaccine and stop the spread"

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, A Red said:

It was never "get the vaccine and stop the spread"

Yes it was, as clearly demonstrated in the article I posted (which is one of many of similar ilk from that era of news). 

You were had off, there's no shame in admitting it.  The same way people are being had off now when they're told the booster will stop them getting Omicron. 

You can't see through that? 

10 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Yes it was, as clearly demonstrated in the article I posted (which is one of many of similar ilk from that era of news). 

You were had of, there's no shame in admitting it.  The same way people are being had off now when they're told the booster will stop them getting Omicron. 

You can't see through that? 

The report you posted gave that impression but was based on 170 people. I guess the companies doing the development were optimistic, clearly in this case prematurely. The message given out when the vaccines were launched was always, get it along with soical distancing etc to protect the NHS.

What fucking message are you getting now? Get the booster and dont get omicron? Not the message i'm getting, its get the booster and protect against it.

You're seeing what you want to see to suit your narrative. Its making you look stupid, something I know you're not.

27 minutes ago, A Red said:

Look, its always been clear what the vaccine was meant to do, reduce hospitalisations. 

If this is true, presumably you can find some news article from circa November 2020 saying that the vaccines would have no impact on transmission and would only impact upon severity of the disease.  Perhaps you could provide a link. 

Just now, Pureblood said:

If this is true, presumably you can find some news article from circa November 2020 saying that the vaccines would have no impact on transmission and would only impact upon severity of the disease.  Perhaps you could provide a link. 

No I cant, I'm not arguing against whether the companies were over optimistic, I'm arguing about the message you were given when the vaccines were launched

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

What fucking message are you getting now? Get the booster and dont get omicron? Not the message i'm getting, its get the booster and protect against it.

This is the current version of the propaganda, since you asked.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-cannot-escape-t-cells-boosters-protect-households-omicron-2021-12-29/

Boosters reduce risk of Omicron household transmission

The odds that vaccinated people will catch the virus if a household member becomes infected are nearly three to four times higher with Omicron than with Delta, but booster doses reduce that risk, new findings suggest.

2 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

This is the current version of the propaganda, since you asked.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-cannot-escape-t-cells-boosters-protect-households-omicron-2021-12-29/

Boosters reduce risk of Omicron household transmission

The odds that vaccinated people will catch the virus if a household member becomes infected are nearly three to four times higher with Omicron than with Delta, but booster doses reduce that risk, new findings suggest.

Ok, go on reuters and they will tell you that there is evidence the boosters reduce the spread. Great. I hope they are right. But its not what you are being told in this country, its get the booster or vaccine, socially distance and reduce the chance of being seriously ill.

Get the fucking vaccine

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

Ok, go on reuters and they will tell you that there is evidence the boosters reduce the spread. Great. I hope they are right. But its not what you are being told in this country, its get the booster or vaccine, socially distance and reduce the chance of being seriously ill.

Get the fucking vaccine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59631570

Early data suggests that getting a third booster dose gives an individual around 70% to 75% protection against symptomatic infection from Omicron.