You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

28 against teams outside the top 60 on FIFA rankings is not the whole story, but...

is a contributing factor.  I just find it odd that it took decades to beat the record scored by Charlton and since Lineker did it, there's been Rooney & now Kane who have got to 50 goals scored.  Must be some really shit teams out there these days. 

6 hours ago, Pete said:

is a contributing factor.  I just find it odd that it took decades to beat the record scored by Charlton and since Lineker did it, there's been Rooney & now Kane who have got to 50 goals scored.  Must be some really shit teams out there these days. 

Lineker didn’t do it, mate. He was a goal shy of equalling Bobby Charlton’s record. He missed that penalty against Brazil, his final appearance for England.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Lineker didn’t do it, mate. He was a goal shy of equalling Bobby Charlton’s record. He missed that penalty against Brazil, his final appearance for England.

Greavsie best for me. Nearly a goal a game and no pens 

3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Talksport will have a show about how Kane is the best English striker of all.time after he scores 2 penalties against Iran in the World Cup. Jason Cundy and Adrian Durham will tell everyone he's better than Jimmy Greaves. 

Iran will still win 3-2 and knock England out.

31 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

That’s absolute shite!

4 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

Would not actually affect any of the line-ups we’ve put out in the nominal Under-23 league in either of the last two seasons.

Oh…

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

PFA Team Of The Season. I can hear Pep crying from here…

A87AC85E-4308-4B8F-A0AA-6AD11EB38BAC.png

Mo also won the main award. 

Thiago was mostly very good when he played but don’t think he played enough games to warrant his inclusion, Rodri probably deserves it more.

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

PFA Team Of The Season. I can hear Pep crying from here…

A87AC85E-4308-4B8F-A0AA-6AD11EB38BAC.png

Mo also won the main award. 

I'd probably put Fab in place of Thiago, and there's no way Ronaldo should be in that team ahead of the likes of Son, but otherwise it's about right.

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Thiago was mostly very good when he played but don’t think he played enough games to warrant his inclusion, Rodri probably deserves it more.

8 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I'd probably put Fab in place of Thiago, and there's no way Ronaldo should be in that team ahead of the likes of Son, but otherwise it's about right.

I think It’s likely that Thiago had a really good second half to the season and that was in the voters minds more.

Completely agree on Son over Ronaldo.