You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Mad how many people have gold teeth over in Ukraine. 

Call me cynical (just on this particular tweet) but seems a bit odd to me that nearly everyone they have killed had gold teeth. 

Maybe a cockney used car salesman stepped on a landmine. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Pretty sure I read that the teeth were stolen from a dentist. 

Was chatting to my uncle the other day about it and he was on about my great granddad in the war and how he reckoned the Russians would buy anything, literally anything off you. Odd socks, broken tin openers, anything. 

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m struggling to see your point.  Other than conceding huge parts of a foreign country to an invading power who’ve been proved to have raped and murdered thousands.  

The quickest way to to put a halt to Russia killing more innocent people is if all sides thrash out some sort of peace deal. The longer this war continues the greater the threat of a nuclear war. 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The quickest way to to put a halt to Russia killing more innocent people is if all sides thrash out some sort of peace deal. The longer this war continues the greater the threat of a nuclear war. 

Again. You are giving away something that isn’t yours.  Something that the people who actually have the land don’t want to do.  Therefore he has to be kicked out.   

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Far be it from me to stand up to the illegal invaders, but this evidence looks rather ropey. 

Does he keep a stock of ready made gold dentures never mind ordinary bridges?! If he'd taken the gold dentures out, you think he'd sell them for bullion rather than keep them in a box reminiscing about 'this one's Ivan's, this one's Olga's' etc.

12 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Does he keep a stock of ready made gold dentures never mind ordinary bridges?! If he'd taken the gold dentures out, you think he'd sell them for bullion rather than keep them in a box reminiscing about 'this one's Ivan's, this one's Olga's' etc.

Yeah, fuck knows. No idea on the rules around that sort of thing. The whole thing seems shady, but it’s coming from Bild, so at least it’s a paper not just a random tweeter. 

No doubt there’s some sketchy shit going on though. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

re-using a gold crown would be worth more than melting it for bullion. when was the last time you went to the dentist?

18 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

re-using a gold crown would be worth more than melting it for bullion. when was the last time you went to the dentist?

Just over 6 months ago actually. And crowns and dentures are made for an individual's gob not job lots out of a fucking bucket. When was the last time you went to a dentist?

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Just over 6 months ago actually. And crowns and dentures are made for an individual's gob not job lots out of a fucking bucket. When was the last time you went to a dentist?

ive got my 2 crowns... cost of £250 i think it was. But gold is malliable and can be pressed into shape if it dont fit properly. im only guessing this is how eastern european dentistry might perform if you want a cheaper alternative.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Is Elon messing with Starlink because his ego was pricked?   He’s a monumental cunt. 

He's like Trump but his fan base are weird nerds instead of toothless morons with sister-wives. Another narcissistic, petty, attention seeking sociopath.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

The war could be over in a day if the Russians agreed to leave. There’d be no more deaths.  But one man’s ego is preventing that from happening. 

10 hours ago, Gnasher said:

'if"

2 hours ago, DJLJ said:

When they get defeated. Not ‘if’. 

Pretty sure he is quoting this "if" ^^^^^^^^^

50 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Er I think you need to re read the post.

The "if" you quoted has nothing to do about Russia getting defeated or not.

It appears to refer directly to that.

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Pretty sure he is quoting this "if" ^^^^^^^^^

It appears to refer directly to that.

No it's not what I was saying. I was replying to Rico saying "if" Russia pulled out of Ukraine all this would be over, which it would be over, he's right. I was making the point that the  "if" word in his assumption could prove problematic.

DJLJ seemed to think I said  (if I've read his post right) that it's a question of "if" Russia pulls out of Ukraine, which is not what i meant.  Which is why I think he replied (again if I have read him right) it's not a question of "if" but when Russia pull out of Ukraine. 

It's not imo a question of when Russia pulls out of Ukraine. I'm not sure it's that clear cut.