You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Just looked; Fati has had like 4 knee surgeries and might be fucked. So, yeah, not him. Dembele is mega injury prone too. 

Pedri is good but he's #lightweight. They actually might have nobody good. 

Griezmann, De Jong and Coutinho would be good and their wing backs as cover, top notch cover admittedly, but after that I'm struggling.

How the mighty have fallen.

46 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Messi is an albertross now.

What? Has he changed his name to Albert Ross? Not very exciting sounding, is it? 

11 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

That fella called Kourouma Kourouma looks like an absolute specimen and has an ace name. No idea if he’s any good at football but that’s the least of my worrries with a name like that.

If he's linked with us, I sincerely hope he's better than Djemba fucking Djemba. Aye, Kourouma.

1 minute ago, Chocoholic said:

What? Has he changed his name to Albert Ross? Not very exciting sounding, is it? 

If he's linked with us, I sincerely hope he's better than Djemba fucking Djemba. Aye, Kourouma.

No idea if he’s any good but I’d have signed Djemba Djemba too. You’ve got to have a system.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Barce are effectively rummaging through the lost property table this summer, matching tracksuit pants with suit jackets. Bringing in Aguero and Depay because they’re free. 

The football equivalent  of the kid that never brought his PE kit and had to wear the school lost property plimsoles and his pants for PE

49470156951_36a4500918_b.jpg

A quick flick through Barca’s website and their squad tell me I don’t think I’d want us to sign any of their players. 

Some of Real Madrid’s players are more appealing (ie younger) but nobody jumps out the page at me. Same at Juventus. 

Messi is waiting to see what Barcelona do with transfers before committing. The problem is that his contract is such a millstone around the club's neck that they really need to get rid of him. As long as he's still there getting paid that much, anyone they want to sign will want a hefty wedge (they won't get parity), and players they want to keep will want an increase. They are already financially in the shit so can't afford it, therefore limited with what they can do and yet needing a significant overhaul.

Fuck Barca, the shit-don't-stink overpaying tapping-up merchants.

• Upvote 1

I said last year that for as much as it would set them back losing him for even the mid term future they'd be better selling when they could have good a great fee and rebuilding. They've all got old together and only his ability stop the rot happening a few years earlier. Paying one player around £90ml a year is fucking crazy,had they let him go a year or two back they'd have got a good fee,rid of his wages and could have allowed a squad rebuild without him playing politics behind the scenes to keep his old mates around too. They are slow as fuck these days. Fuck him off and play Fati,Pedri etc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

A quick flick through Barca’s website and their squad tell me I don’t think I’d want us to sign any of their players. 

Some of Real Madrid’s players are more appealing (ie younger) but nobody jumps out the page at me. Same at Juventus. 

Dembele as a rotation option to replace Origi/Shaq.

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

If Gini fancies a different challenge, there are surely better options than them. 

The rumours to barca have been less though. But you can't deny there's a certain romance for the Dutch and that club. I would imagine it's a nice place to live. And even as shit as this season has gone for them, they've had a better time of it than us. 

Barca, Real - what a cliched pile of shite for a player to play at.

Suarez left the best club in the world, us, and has only really found himself again at Atleti.  What a full stop to the career of, in my humble book, as good a player as was ever at Anfield. 

Give me him over Messi any day.

Although I grant you Puskas and Di Stefano, and Cruyff, made Real and Barca look OK.

Mind you, Toshack still sunk the latter at Camp Nou in '76.

From the BBC Gossip page

Crystal Palace's 28-year-old Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha says if a "top" club wanted to sign him he "wouldn't turn it down". He has been linked with clubs including Arsenal and Everton (The Face)

Errrr.....

Aaahh, I see. Not a top club, but a "top" club. Now I get it.

22 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

From the BBC Gossip page

Crystal Palace's 28-year-old Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha says if a "top" club wanted to sign him he "wouldn't turn it down". He has been linked with clubs including Arsenal and Everton (The Face)

Errrr.....

Aaahh, I see. Not a top club, but a "top" club. Now I get it.

You don't have to be a top club to be a top club, but they are definitely a top club. 

A top top club really as they are the only club, with leeds, West Ham and Newcastle standing for what's right

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Imagine you're the best player at Palace and you've thrown away your career to the extent that a move to Everton at 28 years old would feel like a godsend.

At least Yannick Bolaise did it at 26

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skaro said:

Suarez left the best club in the world, us, and has only really found himself again at Atleti.  What a full stop to the career of, in my humble book, as good a player as was ever at Anfield. 

Although I grant you Puskas and Di Stefano, and Cruyff, made Real and Barca look OK.

Barca would be nowhere without Michels and Cruijff

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skaro said:

Pretty sure Suarez found himself having a good time at Barcelona like.

The MSN frontline, champions league, many La Lisa’s, European golden boot thingy. Isn’t he something like the third top scorer in their history?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Pretty sure Suarez found himself having a good time at Barcelona like.

The MSN frontline, champions league, many La Lisa’s, European golden boot thingy. Isn’t he something like the third top scorer in their history?

His quality any- and everywhere is not in doubt.  

I was probably chatting shite....

I just reckon what he's done for Atleti is pretty extra special.