You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

On a more positive note he does seem to have the potential to be a very good defender. Very good in the air. Hopefully he can build a strong partnership with Virgil. 

Yep. He does have all the right attributes - tall and fast. We have been after him for while it seems. Still worry about Gomez - I think we need another option. Either at the back or as cover for Fab. 

Just now, Jockey said:

Yep. He does have all the right attributes - tall and fast. We have been after him for while it seems. Still worry about Gomez - I think we need another option

Reckon they'll keep one of Davis or Phillips. Both are home grown so help us in that as we are pretty short on home grown players that have to be registered. We don't have to register Jones or Elliot to play them as both are under 21 at the start of next season. 

We can only carry a max of 17 non home grown players

The club has offered Adrian a new deal, sounds like they want to send Keheller on loan next year

Alisson, Adrian

Van Dijk, Robertson, Matip, Tsimikas

Fabinho, Thiago, Keita, Shaqiri

Firmino, Mane, Salah, Minamino, Jota, Origi

Konate makes that 17

Though i assume Origi,Shaqiri,Miamino might all go

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Reckon they'll keep one of Davis or Phillips. Both are home grown so help us in that as we are pretty short on home grown players that have to be registered. We don't have to register Jones or Elliot to play them as both are under 21 at the start of next season. 

We can only carry a max of 17 non home grown players

The club has offered Adrian a new deal, sounds like they want to send Keheller on loan next year

Alisson, Adrian

Van Dijk, Robertson, Matip, Tsimikas

Fabinho, Thiago, Keita, Shaqiri

Firmino, Mane, Salah, Minamino, Jota, Origi

Konate makes that 17

Though i assume Origi,Shaqiri,Miamino might all go

I can't see Davies going - seems a bit harsh. But I do wonder whether Swansea come back in for him if they win the playoff. They won't get him for £2m that's  for sure but anything near £10m if sell. He needs to play regularly.

3 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

In what universe are we getting £10m for Davies? I think those days are long gone. Might as well loan him out like the Chelsea Players Agency do with their 100’s of players.

The didn't read it properly Universe - haha - I was talking about Phillips. I agree £10m is too much but he's worth a decent fee. 

7 minutes ago, Jockey said:

The didn't read it properly Universe - haha - I was talking about Phillips. I agree £10m is too much but he's worth a decent fee. 

I’d send him up to Stevie,l on loan,  seems a good platform and he was on the brink of moving to Celtic so should cause a bit of shit. 

17 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Interesting that RBL are meant to fancy Kabak as his replacement. Sign him and sell him at a profit Footy Manager style.

Maybe sign him, sell him for the same price to RBL but with a buy back clause. 

If he is shit, then it cost us nothing, if he gets games and pushes on, then we get the benefit in a couple of years without his mistakes being here. 

Easy.