You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Midtjylland (A) - Champions League - 9/12 - 17:55

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Be careful or you'll be ostracised for not getting a 10 year old 'joke.'

It may be a 'joke' to you but for those of us who lived through the forum wars it has far greater significance. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Be careful or you'll be ostracised for not getting a 10 year old 'joke.'

A joke that's been going on for ten years? That's Everton, that is. 

During his press conference, Klopp said it’s Liverpool we are talking about, we want to win, we have to keep playing like we do, so we may see more senior players than we wish maybe : Fabinho ? Trent for an hour, Jota who did not play much Sunday?

And the fringe lot Keita ? Origi ? Tsimikas ? 

• Upvote 1

They'll be checking in to a hotel here in my city in about an hour and a half. it's about a 30-35 minute drive from Herning. Just went by and it's filled with security. No chance of even getting a glimpse as the hotel is on the other side of a river filled with cafeés movie theater and stuff. It's pretty much shut down already. Only one way in unfortunately. My daughter is well upset as the rumors of them staying here started  a few days ago. 

Fucking Corona. When Canada stayed here for the icehockey world championships in 18 you could just walk right up and have a chat. A few of them just sat outside next to the river and played their guitars and having a few beers. The little one loves hockey aswell, also my wife for some reason. Apparently dudes with no teeth is a thing.

• Upvote 2

Not crying LFC poverty but the earnings from winning even dead rubbers are massive. E.g Dundalk versus Molde in Europa last week worth 190k euro to winner god knows what winning tonight will get us for the one off match. I'm these covid times might help get Gini's contract over the line 

29 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Not crying LFC poverty but the earnings from winning even dead rubbers are massive. E.g Dundalk versus Molde in Europa last week worth 190k euro to winner god knows what winning tonight will get us for the one off match. I'm these covid times might help get Gini's contract over the line 

€2.7m per win plus a share of all of the pooled money not awarded for draws. 

16 minutes ago, No2 said:

€2.7m per win plus a share of all of the pooled money not awarded for draws. 

This is interesting,and why I'd hate the proposals to allow just a basic European Super League to compete for a CL trophy in future. 2.7m is a big incentive for clubs all over Europe outside of the big leagues. They deserve the chance to nick points from draws and dead rubbers and it keeps things slightly more interesting. 

Stick in the players coming back from injury for 45-60 mins, will be to our advantage if they shake the ring rust out in this one rather than a league game. Origi, Tsimikas and Minamino style fringe players as well, so they get some football and in the case of Taki have a chance to stake a claim for bigger games. The rest, kids. Great experience for them anyway but be a boost to their development if they start alongside at least a few senior players we can afford to give minutes to. Would have been a perfect game for Milner to coach them through, this. The progress Curtis has made inside 12 months shown by the fact he should be nowhere near this starting line-up.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I have a horrible feeling we will go stronger than the suggestions on here.

We will because Klopp won’t want to send the kids to the slaughterhouse.

He won’t put two kids in central defense and a U14 at right back !

I think Neco and Trent will share the right back, Fabinho or Matip ( who could be rested vs Fulham) in CD, with Tsimikas at left back, Keita and Minamino in midfield, Jota and Origi upfront .