Quantcast
British Band Tournament - Round 1 Squeeze vs The Police - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Round 1 Squeeze vs The Police

British Band Tournament - Round 1 Squeeze vs The Police   

53 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. British Band Tournament - Round 1 Squeeze vs The Police

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/07/20 at 13:16

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You need to get them on Spotify then.

Honestly, I’ve not heard of over half the bands in this ‘Vs’ thing. Are these Squeeze cunts any good? What’s their best song, I’ll give it a go. 

3 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Honestly, I’ve not heard of over half the bands in this ‘Vs’ thing. Are these Squeeze cunts any good? What’s their best song, I’ll give it a go. 

Not heard of or haven't heard any songs by?

I struggle to believe you haven't heard of them. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not heard of or haven't heard any songs by?

I struggle to believe you haven't heard of them. 

Honestly never heard of them. Might have heard a song by them but never heard of them. Same with a load of the other bands in the poll. I haven’t looked them up so I’ve no idea even they’re an old or new band. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Cool for Cats,Up the Junction,Take Me I'm Yours,Black Coffee in Bed,Tempted(with the magnificent Paul Carrack on vocals) and many more I've forgotten for now.

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Cool for Cats,Up the Junction,Take Me I'm Yours,Black Coffee in Bed,Tempted(with the magnificent Paul Carrack on vocals) and many more I've forgotten for now.

Oh, I've heard Cool for Cats. Not my bag at all. The Police.

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Cool for Cats is probably the most famous but not their best.

That's good because I just listened to it. It's fucking hideous.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Honestly never heard of them. Might have heard a song by them but never heard of them. Same with a load of the other bands in the poll. I haven’t looked them up so I’ve no idea even they’re an old or new band. 

That is mental. Surely a wind up?

Just now, mgw100 said:

That is mental. Surely a wind up?

Nope. I just haven't heard of them. I have heard Cool for Cats but that's it. 

Just now, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Nope. I just haven't heard of them. I have heard Cool for Cats but that's it. 

Cool for Cats is sung by Chris Difford who is the lyricist for Squeeze but doesn’t usually sing the songs. It’s their most famous song probably but not really representative of them. 

Listen to Up the junction which is more in line with the rest of their stuff and the other big hit they had along with Cool for cats. Think both songs got to number two in the charts. 

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

Cool for Cats is sung by Chris Difford who is the lyricist for Squeeze but doesn’t usually sing the songs. It’s their most famous song probably but not really representative of them. 

Listen to Up the junction which is more in line with the rest of their stuff and the other big hit they had along with Cool for cats. Think both songs got to number two in the charts. 

Way, way better. 

6 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Way, way better. 

A lot of people who like Squeeze like them because of their lyrics, Chris Difford is a great songwriter. “The devil came and took me from bar to street to bookie” is a great line from Up the junction. 

As Vlad said above, Take me I’m yours and Tempted are both good songs that you might have heard. I’m also partial to This summer which was released during the britpop days and got loads of radio play so you might recognise that as well. 

4 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

A lot of people who like Squeeze like them because of their lyrics, Chris Difford is a great songwriter. “The devil came and took me from bar to street to bookie” is a great line from Up the junction. 

As Vlad said above, Take me I’m yours and Tempted are both good songs that you might have heard. I’m also partial to This summer which was released during the britpop days and got loads of radio play so you might recognise that as well. 

Haha fuck sake for years I've thought it was "from Barter Street to Bookie" 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

This Summer is a great song.

• Upvote 1

"Take me I'm yours" is one of my favourites.

"Up the junction" is boss, "Goodbye girl", "Tempted" and "Slap & Tickle" are some fucking good songs lyrically with pretty diverse music between all of them. 

Some bands stick to one sort of sound which becomes synonymous with them or their area/city. Squeeze didn't do that.

I think I have mentioned on here before that I proudly told the wife that I had chosen Squeeze's 'Some fantastic place ' as her funeral music and instead of being thanked for a great tune and taking the time to think about this I ended up in the spare room.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think I have mentioned on here before that I proudly told the wife that I had chosen Squeeze's 'Some fantastic place ' as her funeral music and instead of being thanked for a great tune and taking the time to think about this I ended up in the spare room.

Idly tossing a knife up and down at the same time can't have helped. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Idly tossing a knife up and down at the same time can't have helped. 

If I'd have managed to get the insurance policy documents in the cupboard quicker it may have helped.

• Upvote 1