You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There were pickets outside cinemas and everything.  Full on The Passion of St Tibullus stuff.

I went to see it on its first night at the ABC Lime Street and there were nutters galore handing out bibles and threats of damnation to the queue.

This is now simply hilarious.

Several bird species in the US and Canada will receive new names based on their habitats and traits rather than people's names, the American Ornithological Society has announced.

"Exclusionary naming conventions developed in the 1800s, clouded by racism and misogyny, don't work for us today, and the time has come for us to transform this process and redirect the focus to the birds, where it belongs," the society's CEO, Judith Scarl, said in a statement.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67298103

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Several bird species in the US and Canada will receive new names based on their habitats and traits rather than people's names, the American Ornithological Society has announced.

"Exclusionary naming conventions developed in the 1800s, clouded by racism and misogyny, don't work for us today, and the time has come for us to transform this process and redirect the focus to the birds, where it belongs," the society's CEO, Judith Scarl, said in a statement.

Episode 9367 of solutions to problems that don't exist, making birding more accessible by confusing the hell out of everyone.

Checking my own list of birds seen, there's at least 22 on there which will have their names altered, if these changes are adopted. Utter madness.

Me and a few mates got kicked out of the tate in primary school. Started out laughing at a pair of tits then we got told off, walked round the corner and it was a naked woman with a full on bush out. I was eating the floor as I was getting dragged outside for bringing the school into disrepute. Why they took us there is beyond me.

Salmon paste and cucumber butties and a ribena sat on the wall was outstanding though so credit where it’s due. Miss you mother 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Me and a few mates got kicked out of the tate in primary school. Started out laughing at a pair of tits then we got told off, walked round the corner and it was a naked woman with a full on bush out. I was eating the floor as I was getting dragged outside for bringing the school into disrepute. Why they took us there is beyond me.

Salmon paste and cucumber butties and a ribena sat on the wall was outstanding though so credit where it’s due. Miss you mother 

I saw a class of primary school kids in the Tate all sat on the floor and being given a talk about this.

Poor fuckers probably still have nightmares to this day

Screenshot_2023-11-02-18-14-49-14_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

On 02/11/2023 at 17:42, SasaS said:

Hearing news that our former colonies in Africa are absolutely made up with the news. 

Any danger of some reparations, you racist cunts? Er, no, but we are willing to rename the chaffinch. 

• Haha 1

Vorderman has lost her job for criticising government policy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67366934

Stars including Alan Carr and Joe Lycett are among those offering "respect" to presenter Carol Vorderman, who left her BBC Radio Wales job after her criticism of the government on social media broke BBC guidelines.

Vorderman said she was not "prepared to lose my voice on social media" and managers "have decided I must leave".

Presenter and comic Carr wrote "big respect Carol" on Instagram.

Comic Lycett joked: "I have informed the BBC I am available to replace you."

He is known for being outspoken about his views, having pretended to shred £10,000 last year, in protest at David Beckham's links with football World Cup host country Qatar, where it is illegal to be gay. 

He also criticised former Prime Minister Liz Trusslast year and drew attention after appearing to mock her on the first episode of BBC One's Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg.

Drag Race judge Michelle Visage wrote to ex-Countdown star Vorderman "adore you endlessly" while presenter Cat Deeley added: "You are brilliant."

Doctor Who showrunner Russell T Davies said: "Onwards to the future! Love you Vorders!" while actress and writer Denise Welch added several "flexed biceps" emojis. 

Olympian Dame Kelly Holmes added: "You do you Carol! Much respect for sticking up for who you are and not allowing corporations to silence you!" while broadcaster and podcast host Elizabeth Day called Vorderman "a legend". 

Ant Middleton, ex-instructor on Channel 4's SAS: Who Dares Wins, wrote: "When your work wants to control your social life, that's when it's time to say bye bye. Good on you Carol."

Vorderman has almost 900,000 followers on X, and her previous posts include one on Saturday that said: "This iteration of the Tory Party needs to be utterly dismantled at the next election."

On the same day, she commented on a post from Home Secretary Suella Braverman, who said she and the "law-abiding majority" want to stop people who "cause nuisance and distress" by pitching tents in public spaces.

Vorderman wrote: "What I want to stop, and what the law abiding majority wants to stop is your vile government clinging onto power for a day longer."

6 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Vorderman has lost her job for criticising government policy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67366934

Stars including Alan Carr and Joe Lycett are among those offering "respect" to presenter Carol Vorderman, who left her BBC Radio Wales job after her criticism of the government on social media broke BBC guidelines.

Vorderman said she was not "prepared to lose my voice on social media" and managers "have decided I must leave".

Presenter and comic Carr wrote "big respect Carol" on Instagram.

Comic Lycett joked: "I have informed the BBC I am available to replace you."

He is known for being outspoken about his views, having pretended to shred £10,000 last year, in protest at David Beckham's links with football World Cup host country Qatar, where it is illegal to be gay. 

He also criticised former Prime Minister Liz Trusslast year and drew attention after appearing to mock her on the first episode of BBC One's Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg.

Drag Race judge Michelle Visage wrote to ex-Countdown star Vorderman "adore you endlessly" while presenter Cat Deeley added: "You are brilliant."

Doctor Who showrunner Russell T Davies said: "Onwards to the future! Love you Vorders!" while actress and writer Denise Welch added several "flexed biceps" emojis. 

Olympian Dame Kelly Holmes added: "You do you Carol! Much respect for sticking up for who you are and not allowing corporations to silence you!" while broadcaster and podcast host Elizabeth Day called Vorderman "a legend". 

Ant Middleton, ex-instructor on Channel 4's SAS: Who Dares Wins, wrote: "When your work wants to control your social life, that's when it's time to say bye bye. Good on you Carol."

Vorderman has almost 900,000 followers on X, and her previous posts include one on Saturday that said: "This iteration of the Tory Party needs to be utterly dismantled at the next election."

On the same day, she commented on a post from Home Secretary Suella Braverman, who said she and the "law-abiding majority" want to stop people who "cause nuisance and distress" by pitching tents in public spaces.

Vorderman wrote: "What I want to stop, and what the law abiding majority wants to stop is your vile government clinging onto power for a day longer."

I think she walked in fairness.

still it hasnt stopped those anti cancel culture warriors at the mail,wanking over it.

The new guidelines only covered 'flagship' broadcasters like Lineker and Sugar, but she was told she was no longer required on 'civility' grounds. 

Reminded me of one of the Python films where a character says ' Oooh, you've just made that up '

If she needs a shoulder ( or anything else frankly ) to cry on, I'm available.

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

The new guidelines only covered 'flagship' broadcasters like Lineker and Sugar, but she was told she was no longer required on 'civility' grounds. 

Reminded me of one of the Python films where a character says ' Oooh, you've just made that up '

If she needs a shoulder ( or anything else frankly ) to cry on, I'm available.

Don't you mean melt on?

More plastic than Cher!