You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah and still lost, so lost them all. I would quite like a left administration if I’m honest but at the same time the left to me seem to display a lack of self awareness that borders on  Partridgesque, it’s a massive problem.

I just thought that, since you were correcting JB on his hyperbole, the word "trounced" was misplaced.

You're probably right about the left if the Labour Party lacking self-awareness, but sadly it's not confined to the left: the Centrists also disappear up their own hoops far too much. 

53 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I thought she came across reasonably well , bar the odd silly comment and I think she was clever to more or less jib the Labour ticket off and fight it like a council election.

I saw this on Twitter earlier. Five mentions of the word local, not one mention of Labour. And what’s with the pink background colour instead of red. 

B0414A54-AF4B-4426-9C6E-70042A18BDB2.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I had a flutter on George Galloway a while back because I thought the bookies were being a bit flat footed. Got 55/1 on my first bet. 

He won't win but I don't regret the flutter - it wasn't a bad bet. 

If he wins I'll do pretty well but I doubt it will happen. 

Just enjoyed forty minutes of Twitter warfare with a right-wing Church of England clergyman who’d been spamming Kim Leadbeater’s feed. At long last I was able to use the Hot Fuzz ‘ I may not be a man of God’ quote. Kept his sticky little fingers busy though.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just enjoyed forty minutes of Twitter warfare with a right-wing Church of England clergyman who’d been spamming Kim Leadbeater’s feed. At long last I was able to use the Hot Fuzz ‘ I may not be a man of God’ quote. Kept his sticky little fingers busy though.

He'll be crying into his holy water. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How do Labour play everything out. Brexiters have essentially fucked them off, there is a class of people who would never vote Labour. Traditional Labour voters don't think they represent them anymore and progressives think they are too "blairite" whatever the fuck that is anymore. Is it too broad a church to try and represent.

I think that is the point because the Tory voters I know are "Close the borders" ( even though we havent), "Boris" is doing his best ( the fuck he is)and "Id like to see your lot deal with this" ( so would I). There is no debate, they are four square behind that absolute cunt because he gives them what they want. There isnt a broad church, maybe like the one that supported David Koresh, but other than that no.

7 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

I mean I'm not glad to avoid him raving shite at me, but wow.

Yeah I don't think that came out properly. I had to quickly get away from the pc for a bit earlier otherwise I'd have maybe noticed and edited.

I saw this recently, glad it's at least over with shortly so we're not wondering what's going on and also not reading about more of the drama and crap that's been connected to all of this :

39 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

At least we're spared a recount by the looks of it.

A bit of good news to wake up to. Galloway doesn’t run here and she’d have won easily.

This constituency is not far from me. That combined with its recent history and the current depressing nature of politics in the UK meant it mattered a lot. Glad she got it over the line. 

A good win for decency in the face of some of the horrid, divisive shit on display from Galloway and that woman who's name I care not to remember. 

I don't mind who wins elections, although I'd always rather it wasn't the Tories politically, but what I'd always hope to see is at least some basic defency from all candidates. Politics has gone into the gutter and it needs to be dragged kicking and screaming out again, or else we'll end up in a very unpleasant place indeed.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Jayda mustered just 50 votes. I’m assuming that’s another deposit lost.

Everyone apart from Labour, Tories and the Russian Shill lost their deposits.

Very weird polling and numbers.

Paul Mason is adamant that the Brexit mod stayed at home, which is very interesting.

• Upvote 1