You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General TV amnesty thread

Sugar Ape

5 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Anything with Gordon Ramsay. He's a cunt, and it's all played up for the cameras but he's a fucking good cook and I enjoy watching him work.

Yep, the Kitchen Nightmares series gets very formulaic, but it's great viewing for the most part. The earlier UK version was excellent. 

I'll occasionally watch 4 In A Bed for the cringe, Come Dine With Me if there's a decent bird on it and New Life In The Sun if Laura Hamilton's presenting. That's pretty much E4's daily schedule at the moment.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Chasing Classic Cars

I like that because it's not overblown and is just largely him going about his business.

Not loads of faked drama as they try to pretend you can rebuild a car in about 20 minutes without it being a parcel of shit.

16 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Dickinson's Real Deal

I love it when the punter and the dealer are making a deal, then he strolls in and fucks it up by accusing the dealer of making a lowball offer

I think Dickinson is ace, hes a total weirdo with shit fake tan but I find him amusing for his general lack of giving a fuck 

10 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Joan Hickson is definitely my favourite Miss Marple. It was a toss up between her and Poirot. Ask me tomorrow and I’ll probably have it the other way around. 

1. Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett)

2. Inspector Morse

3. Hercules Poirot 

4. Jack Frost

5. George Bulman

Basil Rathbone Holmes 》 Brett Holmes.

I know Rathbone Holmes was film as opposed to tv like but still.

1 hour ago, Chairman Meow said:

I like that because it's not overblown and is just largely him going about his business.

Not loads of faked drama as they try to pretend you can rebuild a car in about 20 minutes without it being a parcel of shit.

I think Dickinson is ace, hes a total weirdo with shit fake tan but I find him amusing for his general lack of giving a fuck 

That's right, he seems an OK fella like you said, going about his business at the auctions and giving you a bit of info about the boss cars he comes across. 

15 hours ago, Duff Man said:

I was really into Ice Road Truckers for a while, despite the fact that nothing ever happened.

I watch Deadliest Catch religiously even though there’s only about seven minutes of actual content in each 40 minute episode. The rest is just showing you what’s coming up next in the episode and reminding you what’s already happened about 18 times 

13 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

John Thaw - Jack Regan and Morse.

12 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Raymond Burr too - Ironside and Perry Mason

Not sure anyone's done the detective treble though.

If you count playing a military policeman in Redcap, that gives John Thaw the treble

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gruntfuttock said:

Salvage Hunters / The Restorers

The Repair Shop

American Pickers

Chris Tarrant's Extreme Railways

Richard Osman's House of Games

I don't think people quite understand what amnesty means. 5 top shows in this list, I prefer Salvage Hunters Restorers to the main one. Mainly because Drew is a bit odd and Tee is a personality vacuum.