You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Just now, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Fuck that. Not fit to lace Sadio's boots. Let's skip the entire thing, let Sancho go to Barca and we get 100m for not getting involved. Seems fair. Sold.

I think you're being a touch hypercritical as Sadio at sancho's age wouldn't have been fit to lace sancho's boots.

Everyone should stay where they are and avoid the need for these kind of shenanigans, though. 

No way i would want to lose Mane but i wouldn't be shocked if he fancied a move,itll be his last chance a big money move and he could probably nearly double his wages there. The club would probably look at it as the last chance to cash in big on a assest that is nearing 30 and Sancho would be the obvious replacement and 10 years younger. Sounds more a end of this season possibility

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

No way i would want to lose Mane but i wouldn't be shocked if he fancied a move,itll be his last chance a big money move and he could probably nearly double his wages there. The club would probably look at it as the last chance to cash in big on a assest that is nearing 30 and Sancho would be the obvious replacement and 10 years younger. Sounds more a end of this season possibility

i think they are so fucked financially that they couldn't afford the fee we would ask, let alone double mane's wages. for me it is just smoke and mirrors out of barcelona to try and take a bit of heat off the president right now. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

i think they are so fucked financially that they couldn't afford the fee we would ask, let alone double mane's wages. for me it is just smoke and mirrors out of barcelona to try and take a bit of heat off the president right now. 

Most likey but if they are losing Messi as it says then they are taking over 100 million a year off the books. And they like Madrid can always find money from somewhere. Take Suarez and Griezman off the books aswell and that becomes 165ml a year saved in wages alone

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Most likey but if they are losing Messi as it says then they are taking over 100 million a year off the books. And they like Madrid can always find money from somewhere. Take Suarez and Griezman off the books aswell and that becomes 165ml a year saved in wages alone

Messi is on 50m isn't he? 

As for saving money off Suarez , I would think that rather depends. Suarez could and imo would think likely go if he's paid off. At his age he's unlikely to get more than a 2 year deal anywhere and it would that would probably be worth less on 2 years than his value over 1 with Barca. My guess if he's on 20m per year (which is what I think he earns), they'll likely need to pay him 10m to go. Then griezman, how are they getting him off the wage bill? 

Who, knows there is normally someone stupid enough to take a player. Yeah they might need to pay off some players but that can be spread over time. Messi is on £988k per week and with his loyalty bonus(120ml over 5 years)bonus payments,image rights its in the higher side of 90ml a year

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Who, knows there is normally someone stupid enough to take a player. Yeah they might need to pay off some players but that can be spread over time. Messi is on £988k per week and with his loyalty bonus(120ml over 5 years)bonus payments,image rights its in the higher side of 90ml a year

I thought he was on 50m a year plus 9m image rights. But I might be wrong. 

I wouldn’t swap Mane and Salah for anyone.  We’ve got Klopp here and he’s spent years building this team with our best players being at their peak now.  Why would you want to get rid of one of them to bring another player in who isn’t as good but might be when Klopp leaves?  Win trophies now and worry about that shit later.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I wouldn’t swap Mane and Salah for anyone.  We’ve got Klopp here and he’s spent years building this team with our best players being at their peak now.  Why would you want to get rid of one of them to bring another player in who isn’t as good but might be when Klopp leaves?  Win trophies now and worry about that shit later.

I think people know that the owners never buy anyone big unless there is a big sale. The only way we buy an expensive long term replacement is if we sell Salah or Mane.

4 hours ago, Karl_b said:

A Sheffield United supporting mate reckons Brewster is going there on loan. Seems a good fit and a great opportunity to get some PL experience. Their current forwards are pretty poor goalscorers and Sander Berge is there to pierce through balls to him.

I saw this on a link here...

Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster will reportedly disappoint Tottenham by heading to Sheffield United on loan for the new season.

Brewster recently rejoined his Liverpool teammates after a stunning loan spell at Swansea. The 20-year-old scored 11 goals in 22 games to guide the Swans into the Championship play-offs.

Indeed, he has continued such blistering form in pre-season. After netting against Stuttgart on Saturday, he came off the bench to rescue Liverpool a draw on Tuesday. However, it remains unclear whether Brewster will stick around at Anfield, as he did for the first half of last season.

Reports have suggested that Tottenham are one of the sides considering a loan move. However, it looks like the player could be bound for Bramall Lane instead. The Daily Mirror claims that Jurgen Klopp is prepared to let the young forward join the Blades in a temporary deal.

The move will allow Brewster the opportunity to showcase his talents in the top flight, but it will come as a blow to Spurs. Jose Mourinho had been hoping to land the starlet and use him as back-up to Harry Kane. But he will have to switch his attentions elsewhere, if Brewster heads to Sheffield.

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Wouldn't swap Mane for a single forward in world football. 

I'd swap him for Mbappé simply because Klopp would turn him into an absolute monster of a player. Plus he's younger.

19 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I'd swap him for Mbappé simply because Klopp would turn him into an absolute monster of a player. Plus he's younger.

Swap him for Salah because his favorite position is on the right wing.