You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, mars said:

But your bollocks were magnetic, right? (I'm curious - did they repel each other or attract? And if they repelled, could you get your pants on OK? Asking for a friend)

Not magnetic no, but thinking about it, there was a strange pulsing sensation which I realised was my bollocks communicating with me by morse code telling me to have a wank. 

14 minutes ago, Elite said:

Had my booster this morning, it was meant to be Moderna but when I told them I had clots previously they changed it to Pfizer. Most likely because my original two jabs were Pfizer and i had no major issues with it.

Didn't you have covid? Surprised to hear you still need a booster shot.

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Didn't you have covid? Surprised to hear you still need a booster shot.

We know now that you can catch Covid multiple times. If you were him, surely you’d take the booster if the Covid fucked you up pretty badly first time around. 

Pretty sure Elite works with vulnerable people too. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

We know now that you can catch Covid multiple times. If you were him, surely you’d take the booster if the Covid fucked you up pretty badly first time around. 

Pretty sure Elite works with vulnerable people too. 

I didn't know you need three shots after you've had it, I thought it was covid plus one. 

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I didn't know you need three shots after you've had it, I thought it was covid plus one. 

I doubt there’s even a proper joined up policy. Pretty sure I qualify for the booster on two grounds but I’ve heard nothing. 

I don’t know Elite’s exact circumstances but I know that I’d rather take the vaccines if they were offered, than end up in a hospital bed with blood clots and pneumonia.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I doubt there’s even a proper joined up policy. Pretty sure I qualify for the booster on two grounds but I’ve heard nothing. 

I don’t know Elite’s exact circumstances but I know that I’d rather take the vaccines if they were offered, than end up in a hospital bed with blood clots and pneumonia.

I was not critical of him, I didn't know you needed booster shots if you had covid and were fully vaccinated.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

You're just jealous. I'll see her next week anyway.

What now, gonna throw yourself down the stairs on sunday because you know she's back in monday? It's that level of dedication that pays off in the end. 3 Stacks could learn a thing or two from you. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Is the flu shot worth it right now? There's still indoor mask mandates where I live, which are mega effective against the flu with how it's transmitted by droplets. Doubt there will be much of it going around. 

There's no mask mandates in the UK anywhere as far as I know. Some people do still wear them. I think they're requested (perhaps mandatory ) on the London underground. It doesn't seem to be on national rail or merseyrail though. And pubs, theatres etc, definitely not. 

• Deaths within 28 days of positive test

Latest data provided on 

•  
      Daily
    • Last 7 days

• THERE HAS BEENAN INCREASE OF131(12.3%)COMPARED TO THE PREVIOUS 7 DAYS.
    Rate per 100,000 people: 1.6

What wave are we in now? Grim. 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:
  • Deaths within 28 days of positive test

Latest data provided on 

•  
      Daily
    • Last 7 days

• THERE HAS BEENAN INCREASE OF131(12.3%)COMPARED TO THE PREVIOUS 7 DAYS.
    Rate per 100,000 people: 1.6

What wave are we in now? Grim. 

Still the first. 

On 19/10/2020 at 09:44, TheHowieLama said:

I said months ago that the vaccine would be normalization and indifference. That is pretty much where we are - the public have accepted certain death rates. Think I posted anything under 1000 a day in the US and 200 a day in the UK will gladly be accepted by the gubmints, and I think they will knowingly fudge any numbers needed to keep it in that zone.

People have stopped listening.

7 day average in US = 1073

7 day average in UK = 170

A bit of anti-vaxxer violence has started to appear in court. In one case a father hit his son because he was told he wouldn’t be allowed direct contact with his little grandson while there was a risk. In second case the anti-vaccine hubby showed his belief in freedom of choice by lamping his wife after he found out she’d snuck out and had her vaccine shots.

• Upvote 1