You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

50 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

This makes no sense.  Unless you are aware of evidence vaccines don’t work. A Nobel prize would look lovely in the mantelpiece. 

I’ve not even laid an argument out, but you’re still patronisingly questioning my intelligence. Must be great news understanding things better than most other people

Edit - the point I was making is that every angle of argument has people who “know”. You’re just the one from your side of any argument 

21 minutes ago, belarus said:

I’ve not even laid an argument out, but you’re still patronisingly questioning my intelligence. Must be great news understanding things better than most other people

Edit - the point I was making is that every angle of argument has people who “know”. You’re just the one from your side of any argument 

If you are questioning the efficacy of vaccines in general, or this vaccine in particular then your intellect is up for debate.

People ‘know’ the world is flat, that homeopathy works.  Despite ‘knowing’ they are wrong, based on the evidence.  

I don’t know anything about vaccines, epidemiology or public health.  What I can do is follow the huge amount of expert opinion. You can see the numbers dropping when the vaccine is introduced. That’s not a coincidence.    

1 hour ago, belarus said:

Someone else 100% right and in ownership of all the facts probably posting exactly this from the opposite viewpoint somewhere

Gloating over people's illness & death is pretty ugly whoever does it, but that does not mean that there is any equivalence - either morally or in terms of their chances of dying from Covid - between people who promote life-saving scientific  facts and those who peddle dangerous lies and bullshit.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

If you are questioning the efficacy of vaccines in general, or this vaccine in particular then your intellect is up for debate.

People ‘know’ the world is flat, that homeopathy works.  Despite ‘knowing’ they are wrong, based on the evidence.  

I don’t know anything about vaccines, epidemiology or public health.  What I can do is follow the huge amount of expert opinion. You can see the numbers dropping when the vaccine is introduced. That’s not a coincidence.    

Mate, I’m almost in complete agreement with most things you say on this matter in general. I stuck my nose in for you negging Spy Bee for citing an article which put a theory forward. Why you are educating me on efficacy and vaccines I really don’t know. I’ve never said anything about it.

If you “don’t know anything about vaccines” though, why are you calling people thick who question it? And also, negging people who post theoried articles from medically trained people who do know about them?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Gloating over people's illness & death is pretty ugly whoever does it, but that does not mean that there is any equivalence - either morally or in terms of their chances of dying from Covid - between people who promote life-saving scientific  facts and those who peddle dangerous lies and bullshit.

The opposite argument can be used in the same way by the anti mob though, is my point mate. “This guy has died and he was double jabbed and wore a mask. We were right”

Either side using it as a point score is fucking snide

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, belarus said:

Mate, I’m almost in complete agreement with most things you say on this matter in general. I stuck my nose in for you negging Spy Bee for citing an article which put a theory forward. Why you are educating me on efficacy and vaccines I really don’t know. I’ve never said anything about it.

If you “don’t know anything about vaccines” though, why are you calling people thick who question it? And we not that, negging people who post theoried articles from medically trained people who do know about them?

He quoted the study and then made an assertion about boosters and letting people catch it.  That was the bit I negged. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't wish anyone to get the thing, and especially not to suffer/die from it no matter their stance but you can only hope the dickheads believing this pricks rubbish take notice and start taking it seriously. 

The fucking cheek of someone setting up gofundme pages to pay for the hospital bills etc. after spouting this shite. 

19 hours ago, A Red said:

It pisses me off no end the attitude of some of the people down here. They call tourist emmets, Cornish for ants, irritating things that swarm all over the place. Thing is they fail to grasp that most people here owe their living to tourists one way or another, even those that have completely unrelated jobs don't understand that it may not exist if it were not for people coming down and spending money.

The other cunts who give Cornwall a bad name are the ones fleecing visitors on cottage rentals which in some cases are 50% or more expensive this year. Some friends of ours were in Polperro a couple of weeks back and paid £5 for an ice cream cone.

I hate the tourist industry, not because of the tourists, but the greedy cunts running it.  These were the same people with their moaning and begging for government support (free money) who close their doors on Sundays, and who stop working in September.  The second home owners renting properties at extortionate rates, and in some cases not paying business rates. 

I hate this government for patting them on the back, helping them to continue to not dip into savings, no 'adjust your belt buckle' message for them.  

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Fuck, the throwaway description of his wife- 'who is pregnant'- is desperately sad- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-58376709

There has to be a reckoning for the grifters and influencers promoting anti-scientific bullshit, they're holding us all back from getting on with our lives. Selfish, cynical, amoral cunts.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Well, I hope Mark fucking Zuckerberg sleeps well tonight.  Which he will. 

Me?  I'm not a sociopath like Zuckerberg, I wish we could have saved this fucking idiot.  There is no reasonable anti-vacc stance, it's undeniable, it's better for you than Covid.  Is it perfect?  No, sadly not, but fuck me it's a miracle we have one already.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Well, I hope Mark fucking Zuckerberg sleeps well tonight.  Which he will. 

Me?  I'm not a sociopath like Zuckerberg, I wish we could have saved this fucking idiot.  There is no reasonable anti-vacc stance, it's undeniable, it's better for you than Covid.  Is it perfect?  No, sadly not, but fuck me it's a miracle we have one already.  

There's a massive difference between not wanting to take the vaccine yourself, and spreading misinformation about it. There are lots of understandable reasons someone might not want to take a vaccine, in fact there's lots of reasons people choose all the time not to take medication. Cancer patients die every year because they choose herbal meds instead of chemo. Do I understand it personally? No. Are they cunts? No.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

There's a massive difference between not wanting to take the vaccine yourself, and spreading misinformation about it. There are lots of understandable reasons someone might not want to take a vaccine, in fact there's lots of reasons people choose all the time not to take medication. Cancer patients die every year because they choose herbal meds instead of chemo. Do I understand it personally? No. Are they cunts? No.

No, they're cunts.  

It may not be their fault, but they slide into the 'cunt' category once they start being cheerleaders for stupidity.  

41 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Not a good equivocation. There's no harm to society if someone decides to use dog cum as medication instead of taking chemo. In contrast, people not taking the vaccine are more likely to get/spread Covid, take up more hospital beds which cancels surgeries and are generally prolonging this hellscape that is this uncontrolled pandemic. 

• Upvote 2

It you’re one of the ilk that think they know better than actual experts, spread lies and claim you’ve done you’re “research”then you’re a cunt. If you just don’t wanna take the vaccine because you want to wait and see how many people die of it yet ignore the millions more who have actually died of it, you’re a cunt. Stay at home and rank into your colander instead of being a militant gobshite x 

23 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

‘It’s not made from plants, it’s made from chemicals… by… sick bastards. One young kiddie on Ivermectin cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt. It’s a fucking disgrace.’

• Upvote 4

I might become and undercover karen and start a rumour on the facebook groups that vaccines are laced with black midget gems and water from the radiator cures viruses but the government are keeping it all quiet because 2Pacs still shagging Diana. 

9 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

‘It’s not made from plants, it’s made from chemicals… by… sick bastards. One young kiddie on Ivermectin cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt. It’s a fucking disgrace.’

Alright Bernard.

• Upvote 1