You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I guess if hospitalisation/ death figures haven't taken off by the end of the month, then the vaccinations are holding the line.

Cases going up but hospitalisations going down. Let's hope you're right.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-infections-nhs-hospitals-admissions-b1859064.html

22 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Cases going up but hospitalisations going down. Let's hope you're right.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-infections-nhs-hospitals-admissions-b1859064.html

Well, there's a time lag between cases and hospitalisations and deaths- today's case figures are only really relevant in 2-3 weeks' time.

I think I read somewhere that the current hospitalisations weren't over-65s at death's door, but younger people who needed some help and who responded well to dexamethasone treatment if they deteriorated. If that's the case, then it's still concerning as the numbers potentially are still overwhelming and there's the 'long' Covid problem, but it's still a much better position than earlier in the year. As ever, those numbers need to be managed though, as we've seen repeatedly this rapidly gets out of hand.

• Like 1

Have there been any estimates on how long the vaccinations remain effective? I would assume booster jabs would be needed at some point.

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Have there been any estimates on how long the vaccinations remain effective? I would assume booster jabs would be needed at some point.

Oh god, I don't think thats worth the drama yet mate. If you really wanna know, find the biggest Karen drama know it all on here and ask them they know it all..... 

@Section_31

Can someone pls explain what exactly are the final lockdown restrictions that now look likely to be delayed in being lifted? Everywhere is open now. Cinemas, pubs, shops etc. Was it doing away with face masks on 21st June? I genuinely don’t know what the specifics are.

18 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Can someone pls explain what exactly are the final lockdown restrictions that now look likely to be delayed in being lifted? Everywhere is open now. Cinemas, pubs, shops etc. Was it doing away with face masks on 21st June? I genuinely don’t know what the specifics are.

It’s vague, think it just says all restrictions will be lifted on ‘social contact’. So at the minute you’ve got the rule of six for people meeting in homes and I think it’s a maximum of 30 people can meet outdoors in a garden, limits on weddings, restrictions on how many people you can fit in a pub or restaurant, theatres, gigs etc… and that was all expected to go on the 21st June. 

Gove is doing a review of social distancing measures which was due to report by the end of May and it’s findings to come into effect on the 21st June but that has now been delayed due to this new variant. That was expected to conclude we can lift the face mask rule, change the guidance telling people to work from home if they can, remove the one metre plus rule for hospitality and other workplaces (so essentially workplaces will no longer have to be Covid secure). 

If you go by the leaks to the Tory press this week they are either considering pushing 21st June back by two weeks to the 5th July or going ahead with removing the one metre plus rule and limits on how many people can meet but keeping the other measures like masks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Soft Joe said:

Plenty of people seem to be doing whatever they want without any consideration for the reality of a global pandemic anyway to be honest and quite frankly, fuck them. 

EDIT: By this I mean strolling into shops in flip-flops chests puffed out without a mask and zero sense of social distancing or human decency "because you know, nobody tells me what to do"

20 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

This is fairly scary for 1 year in. So many still suffering from long - COVID, this long after. Hopefully we will get more research done here to help these folks also. 

I had a really bad dose but never had long Covid, I feel great at the moment.

How about you @Carvalho Diablo as you had it even worse than I did?

29 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

This is fairly scary for 1 year in. So many still suffering from long - COVID, this long after. Hopefully we will get more research done here to help these folks also. 

It's a man-made clusterfuck of a disease we haven't come close to bottoming-out. 

That's the key to vaccination uptake...tell people the truth, tell people this is man-made and there is an antidote.  

6 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It's a man-made clusterfuck of a disease we haven't come close to bottoming-out. 

That's the key to vaccination uptake...tell people the truth, tell people this is man-made and there is an antidote.  

How come you're so sure it's man-made? I know the Chinese government is a gang of cunts, but I didn't think there was any direct evidence of them actually making it.

My missus still can't smell or taste properly. I ran in the sea with the dog earlier on Crosby beach and collapsed, mainly because my calf went again but my chest heaved up. Never felt so unfit in my life since I had it and that was October. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

She can fuck off.  The hit'n'run of doing a big interview and then not liking the fallout.  

Fucking coward. 

Yeah, I imagine being called a liar, having violence and sexual abuse threatened, plus being called every name under the sun by barely sentient idiots who don’t have a fucking clue about anything doesn’t wears thin after a while for a women who’s worked incredibly hard for her PhD and be a leader in her field.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, I imagine being called a liar, having violence and sexual abuse threatened, plus being called every name under the sun by barely sentient idiots who don’t have a fucking clue about anything doesn’t wears thin after a while for a women who’s worked incredibly hard for her PhD and be a leader in her field.

Yeah when Chris Whitty was getting labelled "Dr Doom" for telling the truth by the daily cunt it kind of did show the divide in the country. Wannabe know it alls arguing against actual academics who know their stuff is quite something. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

My missus still can't smell or taste properly. I ran in the sea with the dog earlier on Crosby beach and collapsed, mainly because my calf went again but my chest heaved up. Never felt so unfit in my life since I had it and that was October. 

Long Covid effects include; loss of taste and smell, breathlessness, feeling light-headed and walking into the sea.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Elite said:

Long Covid effects include; loss of taste and smell, breathlessness, feeling light-headed and walking into the sea.

That last one is a bit fishy. 

47 minutes ago, Elite said:

It was actually quite refreshing I’m now sat with my leg strapped up. Poor sod thought I was drowning then I started laughing and he fumed and turned around. You can see where my calf went again, stupid prick running. 

E8B3AC86-8FC6-40B9-AE9D-36664F013F2E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I had a really bad dose but never had long Covid, I feel great at the moment.

How about you @Carvalho Diablo as you had it even worse than I did?

I've got this long covid thing still.

Get good days and bad. Real joint pain and crashing exhaustion, eye sight has taken a hit, brain fog and concentration has suffered too.

It's real and it's a real twat.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

I've got this long covid thing still.

Get good days and bad. Real joint pain and crashing exhaustion, eye sight has taken a hit, brain fog and concentration has suffered too.

It's real and it's a real twat.

Hopefully things improve soon for you mate. It's a really strange virus.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Hopefully things improve soon for you mate. It's a really strange virus.

I'm just thankful I'm still alive mate, seriously.

It took me a few months before I was confident I would wake up again after going to sleep.

I'm very grateful, every new day's a blessing for me.

• Upvote 12

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I'm just thankful I'm still alive mate, seriously.

It took me a few months before I was confident I would wake up again after going to sleep.

I'm very grateful, every new day's a blessing for me.

I can empathise with that, I know that feeling.

Have you had any follow up scans, etc?