Quantcast
Sheffield United (H) Premier League 2/1/2020 - 20:00 - Page 17 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Sheffield United (H) Premier League 2/1/2020 - 20:00

37 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Who is that with Rio and Owen?

Michael Brown decent fella my lad got talking to him on a train back from London said he was top notch 

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, J-V said:

What a class act Wilder is.

He really is, brutally honest and shows respect for other teams when he must be hurting. I just hope the Mancs don't cotton onto how decent he is. We may have dominated them tonight but he can be proud of what he has achieved so far this season and in the manor he accepts both good and bad results. 

That was a very good exercise in control, composure and letting the ball do all the work. It meant that we didn't have to get out of second or third gear because we were so comprehensively on top.

Sheffield United didn't simply sit back and hit it long for their lone forward to chase, as many teams do. They didn't press us when we had the ball, which can be suicidal because we can pick teams apart like that. They were sort of caught somewhere in the middle, and that explains why we had so much of the ball and why we were able to get through and in behind on a number of occasions.

I could say we could and should have got more goals, but Klopp knows that this time of year is about maintaining freshness in the squad and only expending just enough energy to get the desired result. There's no need to try and blow teams out of sight at this point.

My only real criticism concerns Bobby really. Apart from one effort that he curled just wide, nothing he did in the final third came off. So many final balls got cut out, and he missed his kick 5 yards out right in front of goal when Trent laid one on a plate for him. He's yet to register a goal at Anfield this season, and he's also yet to register a goal in the derby. Maybe if he's involved at the weekend, he can break both of those ducks.

19 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Michael Brown decent fella my lad got talking to him on a train back from London said he was top notch 

Enjoyed listening to someone different tonight and hearing about the 2002 game and the sending offs. 

7 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

Enjoyed listening to someone different tonight and hearing about the 2002 game and the sending offs. 

Yeah would echo that it gets a bit boring listening to the same ones every time 

Really impressive performance. Underrated thing about this team is you can count the teams on one hand who have been able to be on our level in the physical battle in the past few years.

We're so good at 50/50 balls, winning the 2nd balls, aerial duels and generally outworking the opposition. Wilder alluded to it here, we physically dominated a side who pride themselves in playing that kind of style. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-V said:

What a class act Wilder is.

He's a really good coach. I think he'd do well in a bigger job. Seems to balance being defensively solid whilst playing a daring and direct attacking style well.