You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (H) Sat 14/09 12:30pm Premier League

Bjornebye

When we used to watch United during the fallow years it was always dispiriting how they just couldn’t be kicked out of a game or made to wilt when that “Not our day” thing reared it’s head. Probably my favourite thing about what Klopp has brought to us is that’s what we’re like now.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

When we used to watch United during the fallow years it was always dispiriting how they just couldn’t be kicked out of a game or made to wilt when that “Not our day” thing reared it’s head. Probably my favourite thing about what Klopp has brought to us is that’s what we’re like now.

That's exactly what I remember about United's dominant years. Winning ugly when necessary. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Did well there to keep our composure after conceding as those bus parking wankers were looking difficult to break down and we were abysmal in the first 10 minutes. 

It all started looking better once we moved the ball quicker. Although, AOC has struggled doing that. He's done okay but still looks off the pace. 

I'm really worried about Shaq's future at the club. I basically think its over and that Klopp thinks AOC will perform that role in the half spaces. Bugger. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Not a great start and TAA should be doing better, to be fair it was a great turn and shot which did him. Thereafter we dominated that first half, 80% possession or thereabouts. We created enough as Newcastle were just happy in giving us the ball whilst they themselves were trying to build a wall in front of the parked bus. Great play between Robbo and Mane and an excellent finish. Origi didn't play badly (hope the ankle injury isn't bad) but Bobby is two classes above, he just picks up better positions in areas were it hurts the opposition and is always looking to offload the ball quickly, Origi dwells on the ball too long at times. Deserved H/T lead and even after we went behind I said to my sons that under this team and Klopp we shouldn't worry and that we'll probably turn things around before H/T. Feels great having such confidence in us doing that, something which was lacking in buckets under previous managers. 

By the way, Marriner is one incompetent twat. 

Got away with that hugely in thanks to Orgi going off. 

Oxocube has been the biggest liability,  offering fuck all defensively so Trent is scared to cross the halfway line and anyone knows which of those two is more creative. 

What the fuck are we going to against Napoli if mane has a knock?  Just keep sticking our heads in our hands saying 97 points last year,  no need for a bench.   

Fuck me,  it's pathetic how close this club is to greatness and instead it's going to thrown away cause our summer budget disappears more often than not. 

We've three years more and then after a huge rebuilding process will start,  two now,  cause this squad isn't winning the league and all because we failed to address a single problem in the summer. 

• Downvote 7

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Oxocube has been the biggest liability,  offering fuck all defensively so Trent is scared to cross the halfway line and anyone knows which of those two is more creative. 

What the fuck are we going to against Napoli if mane has a knock?  Just keep sticking our heads in our hands saying 97 points last year,  no need for a bench.   

Fuck me,  it's pathetic how close this club is to greatness and instead it's going to thrown away cause our summer budget disappears more often than not. 

We've three years more and then after a huge rebuilding process will start,  two now,  cause this squad isn't winning the league and all because we failed to address a single problem in the summer. 

Impressive that you've concluded that from 45 minutes of football against Newcastle. I was just gonna say it's been an ok performance. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Fucking hell mate. We're leading a game 2-1 at H/T after dominating proceedings. Shit happens as far as their goal goes. The best teams in the World have a knack of turning things around, doing it before H/T speaks volumes about this team. Plenty of other threads to have a whine about the other stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

That degree of negativity seems vastly in excess of the situation Grinch. You can't have perfection all the time. 

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Never work for The Samaritans.

You could make Pollyanna reach for the revolver.

• Upvote 1

Most of knew long before today Origi wasn't good enough,  Klopp sure as hell knew. 

But yea, we're leading against a shit Newcastle side so a perfect time to stick the heads in the sand,  hardly surprising when so many did just that in the summer with wanking over Brewster, a young player they seen play a competitive game. 

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Most of knew long before today Origi wasn't good enough,  Klopp sure as hell knew. 

But yea, we're leading against a shit Newcastle side so a perfect time to stick the heads in the sand,  hardly surprising when so many did just that in the summer with wanking over Brewster, a young player they seen play a competitive game. 

Yeah, first game we’ve led this season and all the sheep are putting their heads in the sand rather than writing “oxo cube” for the 700th day in a row like a proper tedious bellwhiff.