You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Is there anywhere online to buy last seasons kits (shorts & socks mainly) on the cheap?

It's just for playing 5s so I don't fancy paying £40/50 for a pair of shorts and socks that will be going out of date in three months.

2020-21 home shirt - £18.50

https://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-liverpool-home-shirt-2020-2021-377004#colcode=37700408

2020-21 home shorts - £18

https://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-liverpool-home-shorts-2020-2021-372020#colcode=37202008

No socks, though. Just get a pair of ordinary red footy socks. Should be cheap enough.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

Sorry, but I reckon that's quite nice. I couldn't give a fuck if there's blue in it - it's Everton who are arsed about shite like that.

The colour's OK; the pattern in the fabric is hideous.

Hopefully the marketing gobshites will say "this shirt continues the long tradition of a Merseyside team wearing blue in the top flight".

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

Sorry, but I reckon that's quite nice. I couldn't give a fuck if there's blue in it - it's Everton who are arsed about shite like that.

Nah. Our change strip should never be blue, ever. Yellow, white, silver or some fusion colour, never blue.

Somethings are sacroscant. Even Bayern decided there'd be no more blue in their kits even though it's in the Bavarian flag when fans complained blue is 1860's colours.

13 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The colour's OK; the pattern in the fabric is hideous.

Hopefully the marketing gobshites will say "this shirt continues the long tradition of a Merseyside team wearing blue in the top flight".

They'll also probably try to claim the pattern represents the seismograph taken in the moments immediately after Trent took the quick corner against Barcelona. Or somesuch shite.

Still like it though. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Nah. Our change strip should never be blue, ever. Yellow, white, silver or some fusion colour, never blue.

Somethings are sacroscant. Even Bayern decided there'd be no more blue in their kits even though it's in the Bavarian flag when fans complained blue is 1860's colours.

Unless it's pale blue and white halves (1892 style) blue is best avoided. Like you say, we've already got a broad enough pallette of colours to work with for our second and third kits.

If nothing else, they should be taking the commerce decision to make shirts that are easy to sell to Liverpool fans.

3 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

They get upset about fucking Christmas trees though. There's a difference between things like that and actually having the colour on your jersey.

22 minutes ago, Mook said:

They get upset about fucking Christmas trees though. There's a difference between things like that and actually having the colour on your jersey.

For me there's enough colours to go around without having to use blue. I'm a traditionalist and in my ideal world any kit we play in would be recognisably Liverpool. I realise those days have gone, but even in the world we live now, there's just no need to wear blue. 

• Upvote 1