Quantcast
Everton (A) 3/3/19 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Everton (A) 3/3/19

As comfortable a win as we could reasonably expect at Goodison. I might have erred by declaring Watford the greater threat from this week's fixtures, but I see no reason to be the slightest bit nervous about facing this lamentable Everton team.

Terrific result tonight, good to see us looking hungry and up for it - only blot on the landscape is that we are highly likely to go into this game 2pts behind, which adds extra pressure to an already big game.

We face this scenario of playing after them every single game this month....let's start as we mean to go on and smash these bitter twats.

not sure you can claim that if you look at recent history: we beat a very good Cardiff side, away, by 3 superlative goals, They beat a shocking Watford side, at home, by 5 (dubious) goals.
I would say, the two teams are very evenly matched. I'm very confident of a big win.

The bullishness begins on GoT.

• Upvote 1

Just treat it like another derby match. Play football. Don't get drawn into a kicking match.

Play for the bragging rights. Don't overplay the significance of the match in any ambition to win the title. 

I'm still not letting the "we're in a title race" stuff into my head yet. I was a nervous wreck when we went close under Rodgers. The same will likely happen this season. But I'm not letting it until we get to the end of March. There's still 10 games to go. I'll probably go all in if we're still where we are with 6 games to go. 

Until then, I'm enjoying the ride. Which will hopefully continue by beating these gimps. 

7 hours ago, Boss said:

That is absolutely mental! How on earth are Cardiff ‘a very good team’ Nutters

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

From greatness?

Ha

We're getting close now.   I think we'd get away with one or two dropped points games at most.   

Depends who they have as a central defensive pairing. If Jagielka does play we need to target him as much as possible. 

Sigurdsson, although slow can still take a decent free kick and has a good shot on him if he's not clos3d down quick enough. 

Firmino might still be out (I think he possibly needed a rest anyway). So Origi hopefully plays instead of static Sturridge. 

Any set pieces we need good delivery as they are useless at defending them. Origi, Matip, Van Dijk and Fabinho will cause them problems if we can get the same set piece and crossing as last night. 

9 hours ago, Boss said:

'...confident of a big win....'

They do it to themselves, they do, and that what really hurts.

• Upvote 1