Quantcast
Rodgers to Leicester - Page 7 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ne Moe Imya

Rodgers to Leicester

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, skaro said:

 

We only won the European Cup in 1978.

Bob only won 19 trophies in nine seasons. It's difficult to argue he might have been a better manager than Hodgson.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Leicester fans know how to make posters...

 

35127c43-0de9-4396-a9e3-929a6e3302d1.jpg

I think Brendan will raise the game on that fox analogy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Bob only won 19 trophies in nine seasons. It's difficult to argue he might have been a better manager than Hodgson.

 

Anyone who counts the Charity Shield or the European Super Cup as trophies should be thrown out of a plane without a parachute.

 

You can celebrate the Charity Shield like David Moyes if you want to

 

 

Bob Paisley in 9 years

3 European Cups

6 League Titles

3 League Cups

1 EUFA Cup

 

So 13 trophies in 9 years.  And in an era when it was much more of a level playing field in terms of finances and hence victory went to the best and not those owned by dubious countries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redheart said:

 

Anyone who counts the Charity Shield or the European Super Cup as trophies should be thrown out of a plane without a parachute.

 

You can celebrate the Charity Shield like David Moyes if you want to

 

 

Bob Paisley in 9 years

3 European Cups

6 League Titles

3 League Cups

1 EUFA Cup

 

So 13 trophies in 9 years.  And in an era when it was much more of a level playing field in terms of finances and hence victory went to the best and not those owned by dubious countries

HEY ! 

 

Houllier still yaps on about his seven trophy season or how many it was. He almost won the cuckoo clock cup trophy aswell. 

 

I agree none of that super cup, charity shield, world club cup etc. counts as trophies. They are glorified training matches. Nothing else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accept the Charity Shield and Super Cup are not trophies , but I would give my eye teeth to see us crowned world club champs , and am still pissed off that we can’t win the Cup winners cup to complete the set.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Leicester fans know how to make posters...

 

35127c43-0de9-4396-a9e3-929a6e3302d1.jpg

I'm impressed with this man's work. Quick turnaround, given that he could only have prepared it yesterday.

  • He's chosen well with the landscape layout option, and the text layout is absolutely perfect.
  • Bit of cheekiness with the double exclamation mark on line 2, but I think in this case he gets away with it
  • The full stop after FOXES NEVER QUIT gives that element a bluntness and finality
  • Nice fox graphic
  • If I could be picky, personally I'd have lightened it with a little Comic Sans and laminated it for rigidity (I note that one corner is already frayed)
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

HEY ! 

 

Houllier still yaps on about his seven trophy season or how many it was. He almost won the cuckoo clock cup trophy aswell. 

 

I agree none of that super cup, charity shield, world club cup etc. counts as trophies. They are glorified training matches. Nothing else.

To be fair, winning the UEFA Cup, FA

Cup and League Cup in 2000/01 was quite something. Ridiculous that some fans turn their noses up at these trophies, nowadays.

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

To be fair, winning the UEFA Cup, FA

Cup and League Cup in 2000/01 was quite something. Ridiculous that some fans turn their noses up at these trophies, nowadays.

Out of rep but have it in spirit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Elite said:

Even Woy wouldn't brag about winning the league with Celtic.

He wouldnt need to to be fair.

 

He's still basking in the afterglow of his achievements at Neuchatal Xamax.

 

And rightly so 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dave D said:

He wouldnt need to to be fair.

 

He's still basking in the afterglow of his achievements at Neuchatal Xamax.

 

And rightly so 

I think Roy confused them with taking his Xanax and now lives on a different planet to those around him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

To be fair, winning the UEFA Cup, FA

Cup and League Cup in 2000/01 was quite something. Ridiculous that some fans turn their noses up at these trophies, nowadays.

I don't turn my nose up at those cups, they are real trophies. But the charity shield, european super cup, the world club cup and the cuckoo club trophy are nothing but glorified training matches in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Can we offload lellana and Sturridge do you reckon?

I hope he takes at least 4 of our deadwood. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shithouse move leaving Celtic with 2 months of the season to go. Could have at least stayed then left on good terms with the fans and let Celtic look for a manager. Or were the Celtic board that desperate for the  £8m?. 

 

Can't see him doing much there and he will probably get sacked within 18 months. Just hope he takes Lallana and maybe Lovren before he gets bonfired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Shithouse move leaving Celtic with 2 months of the season to go. Could have at least stayed then left on good terms with the fans and let Celtic look for a manager. Or were the Celtic board that desperate for the  £8m?. 

 

Can't see him doing much there and he will probably get sacked within 18 months. Just hope he takes Lallana and maybe Lovren before he gets bonfired.

With the greed in that boardroom I wouldn't be surprised if he was pushed a bit but ultimately, he has acted a cunt about the whole thing. I reckon this was a done deal weeks ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×