You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

On 02/09/2018 at 22:08, Naz17 said:

Has anyone seen the bitterness in the bluemoon forums? I stumbled across it yesterday. What the fk is wrong with them? As far as I'm concerned they aren't even our rivals. Look at this thread: https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/liverpool-2018-19.335013/page-283

Embarrassing.

If you go onto their blue moon fan site, their postings are full of jealous hatred, deffo inferiority complex where Liverpool are concerned, they can't accept they are just a team with a 5 minute history. who down the years have always been 2nd banana to Utd.

5 hours ago, leslie said:

If you go onto their blue moon fan site, their postings are full of jealous hatred, deffo inferiority complex where Liverpool are concerned, they can't accept they are just a team with a 5 minute history. who down the years have always been 2nd banana to Utd.

Absolute no self-awareness those twats and they seem to love GOT - the quoted post from there is next level bitterness and they all love him:

Just copied this from an Evertonion on GOT.... Quality post -

Been reading the story about Kompany leaving City over on the BBC and the extent to which his eleven years of superlative service have been taken over by bitter RS goons is a new low point. One idiot even goes to the trouble of calling them 'Man-Cheat-Ster City', every single time.

I'm close to losing patience now. I know there are plenty of them lurking on here, so let me spell a few things out...

We are not jealous of your 'success'. It is you displaying that trait in tragic abundance at the moment.

You have succeeded in alienating the entire football supporting community country wide. remember the Millwall song 'No one likes us, we don't care'? Well, that is now Liverpool FC. Except for the fact that you DO care. You are so desperate for approval and love that you have denied yourself those very things. And yet you do not comprehend irony. Which is itself ironic.

We do not enjoy a healthy rivalry with you based on banter and good natured ribbing. We hate you. We hate the way you are insufferable winners and worse losers. We hate the way you carry yourselves as a club and in the community. We hate the way you seek to intimidate and bring down those who would disagree with your party line. Most of all, we hate the way you have dragged the name of the city you claim to represent through the mud. Again and again and again and again. We hate the way the antics of your deplorable followers have brought, and continue to bring, shame to all well-meaning followers of the game.

We are bitter, yes. But we are bitter because you denied ourselves and other innocent clubs the chance of European competition and possible further development which was otherwise stymied. We are bitter because you did this by murdering - yes, that IS the word - 39 opposing fans without the slightest hint of self-awareness or guilt. We hate the way you now feel yourselves victims every time anything much less significant comes your way.

We hate #JFT96. We hate the fact that when a genuine tragedy came knocking at the door of your club you sought to take over the genuine wave of support and mercilessly weaponise it as an instrument to gain you the attention and love you crave. We hate the fact that WE as a club respected it and YOU lied about it. Here is a fact. Mention the Bradford Fire to anyone of a certain age and they will grow quiet with genuine sadness remembering that awful sight, which was so soon forgotten by the media and, most of all, you. Mention Hillsborough and you will often get rolled eyes. You did that. You and you alone, by cheapening it to the level of a bad tackle or disallowed penalty.

Finally, to sum up, let me point out what you should be most envious of: the fact that there is a club representing the city of Liverpool who are not reviled by opposing supporters up and down the land, who are not laughed at or jeered, and who could be in the hunt for a trophy without the whole of the country begging for anyone else to win. That club is Everton FC. That is why we are Evertonians and why we love it.

In short, We Are Better Than You. In every way measurable apart from league points, which is the least significant off all the issues raised above.

And that won't change any time soon.

So go away and play in your own sandpit.

Absolute retards, both sets of blues.

I think it’s oretyy fair to say that the modern world is pretty shit, and modern football fanaticism is right up there with what’s shit about it.

its about writing things you probably wouldn’t say, to score points in an imaginary game of one upmanship, against people you’ll never meet, to win praise of others whose opinion on almost anything else you wouldn’t actually care a jot about.

i don’t doubt that he’s right that those reasons he posted are the reasons he “hates” Liverpool.

the problem is that there’s such little truth in the words, and what truth there is has come from people doing all the things I said above.

its depressing.

• Upvote 3

I know two City fans, in real life. Both long term fans and they're both sound. One of them actually has a soft spot for us and buzzes off any mad shit I share on FaceAids about Everton. 

It's just the internet, those GOT posts. It's a competition to out-Liverpool hate one's fellow mongrels. And, no, I don't care. I buzz off the piss boiling Reds. Let's have more bile. With a bit of luck the daft cunts might choke on it. 

4 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Absolute no self-awareness those twats and they seem to love GOT - the quoted post from there is next level bitterness and they all love him:

Absolute retards, both sets of blues.

That rant is a perfect example of pandering, weaponising tragedy to score cheap internet approval points and flimsy attempted hiding of hurt/deflection about how shite his own team is and how much that hurts whilst we improve and challenge for the games biggest prizes.

Things your average internet bitter do all the time, but have zero outward self awareness about - just loads of internal awareness that eats them up and leads to more and more of that bile as posted in that rant as they vent to try and relieve some of the pain.

I genuinely feel sorry for them.

• Upvote 1

After being fucked out of the CL at our hands last season, and inconveniently harassed in the League this season - right up until the last hour of the last game - he might have decided he doesn't like the competition.

Be a lot easier strolling to the Scudetto by 20 points next year, while he tries to win himself a CL - than having Jürgen and us up his arse, again.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Don't think I'd want him to go to be honest, I want them to be beaten by us while they're at their peak.

I don’t give a shit about any of that. I just want us to be on at least 21 league titles before Klopp moves on. If Guardiola leaving improves the chances of that happening then I’m all for it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

If true, he probably knows that there’s a shit fest coming, champions league ban and possible transfer ban. Get out while some people think what’s been achieved is legitimate. Jumping ship while they’re under some bans would look bad, plus he might have to do some work.

All I’ve heard for years about our success in the 70s and 80s is that it wasn’t a level playing field, we had money others didn’t have. Even though that money came from the success.

Fast forward to today and you have a former yo-yo team that literally bought success with money and people want them to win over real football teams. Fuck them, I hope he goes and that someone I respect doesn’t go there. 

Pep is not an idiot and it wouldn't amaze me at all if he left for Juve, who are incidentally one of the biggest clubs in the world with one of the greatest players of all time in their ranks (i know he's a shithouse but credit where it's due). He has a very decent shout of winning the Champions League there.

Like him or dislike him, he is a great manager, because even if he has always been blessed with great players and money to throw at a problem, he has managed to get all these world class egos moving as one. That is the mark of a top manager. This season, there are rumblings such as with Sane that it could kick off at any time. Losing good pros like Kompany in a dressing room is a problem for City, because his influence is as big off the pitch as on it. If Pep lesves, I think it could kick off good style between them all. Given that we are by far the second best team in the league, if him leaving helps us win the league, then happy days.