You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

don't half pick clubs to deal with us. Our last couple of signings/current targets;

Southamption - hate us for constantly pillaging them.

Leipzig - billy big bollocks wannabes who don't need the dough and want to flash their cock about.

Aulas the arlarse

Roma - determined to absolutely rinse us because we got Mo on the cheap.

Chelsea - Chelsea.

Atletico - Simeone in charge.

I feel like we need to start buying players from nice guy mugs like we are.

don't half pick clubs to deal with us. Our last couple of signings/current targets;

Leipzig - billy big bollocks wannabes who don't need the dough and want to flash their cock about.

Aulas the arlarse

Chelsea - Chelsea.

Or just pay the asking price and get it done, like we do with no problems when we sell a player.  Never so simple when it's a bitg transfer without a big sale tho.  Always someone else's fault.

Aulas the arlarse

Chelsea - Chelsea.

FSG have got top dollar for players in fairness. I don't agree with a lot of the sales, but they are not mugs when it comes to receiving fees.

Or just pay the asking price and get it done, like we do with no problems when we sell a player.  Never so simple when it's a bitg transfer without a big sale tho.  Always someone else's fault.

Are you actually trying to pretend that we sell players easily? ffs.

And the rest is totally clueless as well. Might as well not even negotiate, then. Just pay whatever clubs want! Yeah, good one. 

Journalist @etiennemoatti on Aulas, Lyon CEO: "He has said and repeated on multiple occasions that the door was open for Nabil Fékir and there was an agreement with the player. Today, his declarations are solely to increase the price and to get the supporters in his pocket."

Aulas knows that Fekir is reasonable to want a new challenge. It is just about getting the best fee. It would be different if we wanted Aouar, though. He'd probably refuse to sell him. 

Are you actually trying to pretend that we sell players easily? ffs.

And the rest is totally clueless as well. Might as well not even negotiate, then. Just pay whatever clubs want! Yeah, good one.

I think the general point is that we waited an extra 6 months for VVD and paid what was asked in summer,or possibly more? We bought Keita but allowed him to stay another year and deprived ourselves of a key player when Coutinho left. We tend to arse around a lot when buying yet the price doesn't seem to differ much from the original one. Our selling skills are actually very good though.

Or just pay the asking price and get it done, like we do with no problems when we sell a player. Never so simple when it's a bitg transfer without a big sale tho. Always someone else's fault.

Like we did when selling Suarez and Coutinho, to name 2 recent sales.

Like we did when selling Suarez and Coutinho, to name 2 recent sales.

Exactly what we did when selling them two.  All of a sudden we had the money to buy VVD with ease off a club that's apparently hard to deal with, despite the fact we shop there more than anywhere else.

I'm erasing what that wanker did with the Suarez money.

I think the general point is that we waited an extra 6 months for VVD and paid what was asked in summer,or possibly more? We bought Keita but allowed him to stay another year and deprived ourselves of a key player when Coutinho left. We tend to arse around a lot when buying yet the price doesn't seem to differ much from the original one. Our selling skills are actually very good though.

We've shown remarkable patience in the transfer market, 'playing the long game'.

Like you say, it's not always worked as a means of getting prices down, but it's certainly enabled us to get stronger, transfer-on-transfer.

This is why I still see us getting Pulisic, he's obviously a long-term target of ours and we've already strung this out for a year, I can see an end game approaching, be that a surprise transfer a la Fabinho, or reaching an agreement on a future transfer.

I'm not as confident on Allisson or Fekir, it all feels a bit too public and the prices feel too high for players where there are myriad other possible targets out there. You can't say the same for Van Dijk or Keita, they are very unique players where it was worth the time and effort to secure them because there is basically no other CB out there at the same level as VVD, and the same can be said of Keita albeit he had an average season for them last year, most likely distracted.

Allisson is a brilliant keeper, but Christ they're asking big money for the lad. Someone who has 37 league games under his belt in a European league. The other thing is that Klopp doesn't have a track record of 'needing' a big name keeper. I doubt he would pay £80m for a keeper if that meant his spending would be curtailed elsewhere in the squad.

Fekir looked a reasonable proposition at the end of last season, but the price is creeping up and the Lyon Chairman is dragging this into trench warfare ahead of the World Cup, a period of 4+ weeks where we won't be able to get a deal done, and to buy him then would represent a bit of headache as he would get back from his post WC holiday and then have to move house etc before he can even begin pre-season training, at which point he's already playing catch-up. I'm also nervous about his injury, because if you add a World Cup, and then coming into a side like ours and having to run and push his fitness training even more, he'll be red-lining his body possibly for the first time since his injury.

Liverpool are expected to seal a £60million deal to bring Lyon star Nabil Fekir to Anfield, according to the latest reports.

The France international has been repeatedly linked with a move to Merseyside since the start of the transfer window, though the club faces a race against time to snap him up before the World Cup in Russia.

According to Express Sport however, Liverpool are “confident of signing Fekir before the competition begins next week”.

Their claims are backed up by French outlet SFR Sport, who state that the Ligue 1 club have already made plans regarding Fekir’s replacement.

Lyon are reportedly going to play Houssem Aouar – ironically a reported Liverpool target – in his position next season.

Former Premier League star Emmanuel Petit has backed Fekir for a move to England.

“Can he fit into the Premier League? I believe so,” he said.

“He has a reputation for a bad temper on the pitch.

“I don’t know how he will react to the physical side of the league, because the provocation will come, but when I look at Phillipe Coutinho, Fekir could do the same for Liverpool.”

Maddock: A breakthrough has been made, with Fekir indicating he will only go to Liverpool – and Aulas conceding he will do a deal with the Reds if he feels the price is right. LFC are hopeful the fee won't pass much beyond £50m, with Fekir said to be 100% decided on LFC as his next destination.

Maddock: A breakthrough has been made, with Fekir indicating he will only go to Liverpool – and Aulas conceding he will do a deal with the Reds if he feels the price is right. LFC are hopeful the fee won't pass much beyond £50m, with Fekir said to be 100% decided on LFC as his next destination.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lyon-finally-indicate-allow-nabil-12658388

• Upvote 1

Chehade doubling down on his tweet from the weekend. I hope we do get this across the line before the WC as I could do with feeling excited after the sudden Shaqiri spurt curbed my enthusiasm.

Both would be great...just Fekir for the front three would still be great....just Shakiri would be abysmal.

Chehade doubling down on his tweet from the weekend. I hope we do get this across the line before the WC as I could do with feeling excited after the sudden Shaqiri spurt curbed my enthusiasm.

I have been this excited about potentially signing a guy I’ve actually never seen play before since Lazar Markovic.

I have been this excited about potentially signing a guy I’ve actually never seen play before since Lazar Markovic.

His YouTube vids are way better than Markovic's, if that helps. In fact, Marcovic's vid was probably a warning to any potential buyers, it was that underwhelming.