You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Biggest Tech Cunt

Section_31

Biggest Tech Cunt   

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the biggest tech cunt?

• Mark Zuckerberg
    • Elon Musk
    • Bill Gates
    • Steve Jobs (deceased)

From the BBC

Twitter's Help Center has tweeted an updated media policy that begins: "You may not publish or post other people's private information without their express authorization and permission."

Even though the accounts used Open Source public information.

So basically, you can say whatever you want on Twitter unless it is about, Musk which smells of some people being more equal than others.

Twitter on Thursday evening banned the accounts of several high-profile journalists from top news organizations without explanation, apparently marking a significant attempt by new owner Elon Musk to wield his unilateral authority over the platform.

The accounts belonging to CNN’s Donie O’Sullivan, The New York Times’ Ryan Mac, The Washington Post’s Drew Harwell and other journalists who have covered Musk aggressively in recent weeks were all abruptly permanently suspended. The account of progressive independent journalist Aaron Rupar was also banned.

7 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

He’s such a thin skinned bully he hates anyone not doing exactly as he wants. 

The massive cunt. 

What's that word that right wing nut jobs use to describe those nasty, whiny, libtards & really stick it to them? From where I'm sitting it's a far more appropriate description of right wing nut jobs than anyone else. 

And who'd have thought a multi billionaire who (probably) never got told no at any point of his life would be such a thin skinned cunt? 
Who long before twitter fades into the distance?

This all goes back to my theory about how social media empowered anti vaxers and flat earthers.

I think there's an evolutionary reason we don't line weirdos. If you lived in a  village and a weirdo started saying rotating your crops was a bad idea and you listened, you'd be dead in a couple of years,  so some primal alarm bell tells you to shun them. They sit alone in the pub and are a figure of fun.

Now, they'd meet up with another 500 weirdos and bully the village into not rotating its crops.

Musk and Zuckerberg are the kind of guys who Johnny Lawrence would have twatted all over high school. Our Christian based philosophy would tell us that's mean, but maybe it was nature at work.

If the Internet didn't exist Musk would be living under a bridge in St Louis talking about aliens. Instead, he's one of the most powerful people in the world, and witness the results. He needs rolling down a hill in a green wheelie bin and to have his glasses broken. It's the only way.

On 13/12/2022 at 08:17, Red Phoenix said:

I'm hitching my wagon to anti-censorship, and yes I'm aware that Musk is doing it too to some extent and will do it more in the future. I've already said more than once that he could be a menace if Reps win the next election and he's supporting them as twitter owner. There's nothing at all right wing about wanting to see some censorship that the previous twitter regime carried out exposed though.

If Musk carried out his own censorship regime then moved on in the future and some other owners wanted to expose that I'd be interested in seeing that too. I don't really care about whether the censors are doing it for Dems or Republicans and all of the partisan bs, my only interest is seeing it exposed where it can be.

It's got out of control and it's been that way for years, the goal of it is mainly so that governments can silence voices that don't support their own agendas in the name of disinfo/misinfo and I'd be fine with seeing every last bit of it ripped down.

You believe a single word that comes out of Musk's mouth? Surely you're not naive to believe a grain of what he says about free speech? All roads lead back to billionaires controlling the media and dissent over their corruption. End of story.

16 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You believe a single word that comes out of Musk's mouth? Surely you're not naive to believe a grain of what he says about free speech? All roads lead back to billionaires controlling the media and dissent over their corruption. End of story.

I don't trust him, said that a good few times now. Mainly just hoping there's some more twitter files to see what was going on with the last lot in more detail.

It's interesting how he's got a bunch of journos and media that haven't given much of a fuck about social media censorship over the last couple of years to flip inside 24 hours though. Once it affected them personally of course.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

That episode was on More 4 last night, superb.

Haha yeah I watched it the other night as well. Absolutely amazing.

"No I mean you're a priest; why did you need to steal his clothes?"

"Ah I dunno. It was just going that way."

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Well you're certainly something using that phrase.

Well I called myself it if you mean retarded. From wiktionary :

1. Delayed; delayed in development, hindered; impeded.

I actually think of it more along those lines, as in hindered, impeded in a more natural way and have done for a number of years now despite the fact that it also has other meanings and is often taken offensively, which is why I don't call others it if I can help it.

Even wiktionary says at the end :

It is politically incorrect (to be avoided generally) to use this word in the present-day United States cultural context, where the word is usually considered offensive or impolite (outside rare technical usage).

So basically people taking it in the worst possible way, even when there's other meanings. I'd prefer it if the word was commonly used and accepted in a more technical sense which has a range of meanings.

22 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Musk is now 2nd richest fella in the world.

Who’s in front now? The baldy one again?

9 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Twitter on Thursday evening banned the accounts of several high-profile journalists from top news organizations without explanation, apparently marking a significant attempt by new owner Elon Musk to wield his unilateral authority over the platform.

The accounts belonging to CNN’s Donie O’Sullivan, The New York Times’ Ryan Mac, The Washington Post’s Drew Harwell and other journalists who have covered Musk aggressively in recent weeks were all abruptly permanently suspended. The account of progressive independent journalist Aaron Rupar was also banned.

Fucking hell. 

Still, as long as The Donald’s account stays up, that’s what matters. The people have spoken.