You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

You said there weren’t thousands of parents.  There are. 

I said I highly doubt it. 

4600 kids waiting for consultation on GD is not "thousands of parents happy to put their kids on blockers"

4 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Clearly not what I stated

If its just going to be a bad faith discussion what is the point? 

Well if a trans woman is psychologically, socially and legally the same as your mum what’s left?  

Hardly, just find it fascinating that an idea so ridiculous can become mainstream in a few short years and that clever and well respected people can be swallowed up in trying to be seen on the right side.  It’s incredible. 

It's called the internet and social media

How the hell do you think we created 4 viable vaccine's in less than 12 month's? 

The internet has made everything happen faster

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Well if a trans woman is psychologically, socially and legally the same as your mum what’s left?  

She can't procreate

It's obvious this seems to shock you and you're clearly hostile to the whole concept but the world moves on, you'll just have to learn to live with it Rico. 

Just now, scottthecanuck said:

How the hell do you think we created 4 viable vaccine's in less than 12 month's? 

When it goes tits up, which it will, it’ll be incredible watching the contortions.  I’ve no fucking idea what you are on about with vaccines.  

She can't procreate

It's obvious this seems to shock you and you're clearly hostile to the whole concept but the world moves on, you'll just have to learn to live with it Rico. 

Ha ha ha , why can’t she procreate? Is it because her body has evolved to produce small gametes. A bloke. 

1 minute ago, scottthecanuck said:

She can't procreate

You need to move on as flat earth is a new and exciting theory about the world.  Learn to live with it. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Ha ha ha , why can’t she procreate? Is it because her body has evolved to produce small gametes. A bloke. 

Biologically yes 

However if she wishes to identify as a woman from a psychological, societal, and legal perspective then a woman. 

Its quite simple

6 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Like flat earth? 

Biologically yes 

However if she wishes to identify as a woman from a psychological, societal, and legal perspective then a woman. 

Its quite simple

So all the legal rights of a women, just by saying the words? 

1 minute ago, scottthecanuck said:

Actually you're the one spouting conspiracy theories. 

Ha ha ha fucking hell. You are advocating that men can magically turn into women but I’m spouting conspiracy theories. 

I said Canada was a few years ahead.  Seems like I was spot on. 

Ha ha ha fucking hell. You are advocating that men can magically turn into women but I’m spouting conspiracy theories. 

I said Canada was a few years ahead.  Seems like I was spot on. 

Never stated any such thing

You are seriously boring.

Ta

2 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Never stated any such thing

You are seriously boring.

Ta

Well when does a man become a woman? How does it happen other than when the man says ‘I’m a woman’?  

Read this

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

At that level it seems benign.  At the moment to get a GRC you need a diagnosis, and a couple of years living as a woman. You may say a certain level of commitment is required.   Even then there are exceptions to them being treated as, and receiving the same rights as women. Of self ID is allowed, then anyone saying the magic words is given the same rights as a woman. That’s just mental.  

But at present self ID is not allowed and the government has no plans to allow it. To get a GRC you need a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria and proof that you have been living in your preferred gender for at least two years - I'd say this qualifies as commitment.

Re the GIDS waiting list, are you suggesting that the majority of young people on that list have parents who see this process as an experiment? Who have promoted transition? And of the 4600, how many actually go on to transition? How many of those are happy with the decision throughout their lives? The problem is that this data is almost impossible to find. 

This is one of the more informative videos I've seen but it is rather long. It concerns J K Rowlings support of Maya Forstater (she was mentioned in the article you posted). 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Well when does a man become a woman? How does it happen other than when the man says ‘I’m a woman’?  

Read this

Zzzzzzzzz

From now on whenever I see news of advances for trans people I will think of poor dear Rico and hope that you have a fainting couch nearby. 

4 minutes ago, mars said:

But at present self ID is not allowed and the government has no plans to allow it. To get a GRC you need a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria and proof that you have been living in your preferred gender for at least two years - I'd say this qualifies as commitment.

Re the GIDS waiting list, are you suggesting that the majority of young people on that list have parents who see this process as an experiment? Who have promoted transition? And of the 4600, how many actually go on to transition? How many of those are happy with the decision throughout their lives? The problem is that this data is almost impossible to find. 

This is one of the more informative videos I've seen but it is rather long. It concerns J K Rowlings support of Maya Forstater (she was mentioned in the article you posted). 

Regular viewers will know I think the current system is about right.  You are repeating my words back to me.  But all the LGBT groups in the U.K. are pushing for self ID.  

13 minutes ago, scottthecanuck said:

Zzzzzzzzz

From now on whenever I see news of advances for trans people I will think of poor dear Rico and hope that you have a fainting couch nearby. 

And for every woman raped in prison I’ll think of you lying. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Regular viewers will know I think the current system is about right.  You are repeating my words back to me.  But all the LGBT groups in the U.K. are pushing for self ID.  

But whenever you raise the problem of the prison system and vulnerable prisoners, you always seem to suggest that self ID is just around the corner and that women's prisons will be swamped by trans women. Maybe my perception is wrong - any other posters get the same impression? You posted something that claimed Joe Biden was introducing self ID in America but I can't find any reference to this in

https://joebiden.com/lgbtq-policy/

As for what you think currently, it would be very helpful if you could clarify where you stand. Would I be correct in saying that you don't think transwomen are women; you are concerned by the number of young people who are transitioning; you accept that some people do suffer from gender dysphoria; you are opposed to self ID; you fervently believe that transgender people should be treated with respect and kindness; you support people's right

to post transphobic cartoons on social media and misgender trans people; you would not want a teenage daughter undressing and showering in a communal changing room if it contained biologically sexed males. What have I missed?

All the LGBT groups in the U.K. are pushing for self ID.  

Here’s the answers in order: 

Trans women aren’t women. But I think maintaining a legal fiction to a limited number of women’s rights is the fair thing to do for those that have been diagnosed with gender dysphoria and qualified for a GRC is the right thing to do. 

I am concerned that the affirmation model of GD is being pushed when over 80% of kids with early onset GD end up as healthy, happy gay men or women.  

I think self ID will create an environment where predatory men will take advantage and result in women being unsafe. 

(you need to tell me what is transphobic- I mean, as of today Caitlyn Jenner is transphobic) 

I don’t believe I should be forced to use language I don’t believe in. But, I wouldn’t deliberately misgender someone. 

I don’t think men should be allowed to move into women’s prisons 

I don’t believe women should be forced to accommodate men’s preferences. 

Can I ask you one?  

If a trans women in a security situation demands she should be searched by a woman,  would you compel a woman to search her and touch her penis? 

Oh, and is Caitlyn a TERF?  She was the most famous trans women and even the best woman a few months ago.  

4 hours ago, mars said:

In terms of gender identity, transwomen are women - what's the problem?

The problem is that some people with a big problem want to equate gender with biological sex so that they can say how mental it is. Rico’s obsession with this is disturbing, but he will eventually lose interest, like he did with ‘AS’ or the Muslims. He’s an old fart, basically. He repeats talking points that certain people talk about on Twitter. He posts up tweets of pedos pretending to be women and uses it as evidence of his argument. It’s all just transparent. He’s a classic right winger. He’s the gas man Clarkson. 

• Upvote 1