You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The league 2017/18 - where will we finish?

Captain

League 2017/18  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

Better than us for the past two years?

That explains why they failed to beat us in four attempts and were played off the park at Anfield last spring.

Man up and get a grip, they are little better than Millwall with a centre forward.

We’ll finish second, third at worst.

You are aware they finished 10 pts above us in both the last two seasons aren't you....

Not 1 or 2 but 10....10 in 15/16 and 10 in 16/17. They have been miles better than us....scored more goals, let less in gathered a lot more points.

You are aware they finished 10 pts above us in both the last two seasons aren't you....

Not 1 or 2 but 10....10 in 15/16 and 10 in 16/17. They have been miles better than us....scored more goals, let less in gathered a lot more points.

You are aware they have lost their first choice right back - and bought no one! 

Don't seem to buying anyone, and are playing at Wembley. 

So, fair enough people thinking we can finish above them. 

All you pessimistic nutjobs have been spending far too much time on here. We are boss. Give Klopp the atmosphere he needs to work in, instead of the constant negativity and denigration of our chances. Confidence breeds confidence, and if you don't think the poisonous atmosphere exhibited by the fan base bleeds through to the players, you are fucking barking.

Stop worrying about things that aren't in your control, just enjoy the ride.

Yea lets all stick our fingers in our ears and pretend Lovren is the second coming of Franco Baresi like this eejit.

People are placing too much importance on the transfers (or lack of on our case). The most important work is done on the training pitch (and in the dressing room). If the manager/coaches are good enough, that will transpire onto the pitch on matchdays. With a full preseaaon for most of our squad I think we'll come flying out of the blocks (again). I do however think we'll sacrifice the League cup (and the fa cup if we're still in the CL by then). I'm ok with that if we're in with a shout at the title, which I think we will be.

I think City will pip us to the title, as they are a bit better at killing off the smaller sides. I think both Spurs and Chelsea will struggle this season. Table prediction;

1. City

2. Liverpool

3. Man Utd

4. Arsenal

5. Chelsea

6. Spurs

Spurs have been a fair bit better than us in recent years. In head to head matches we usually come out on top, but that's never really been our problem.

There seems to be a bit of a cloud over Spurs at the moment. There shouldn't be as they are a good team, going well, with a very good manager and a new stadium coming. But the cloud is all about finances. It's one for the modern football thread really.

I don't think Spurs have anyone on more than £100k a week. Their better players would earn double or more elsewhere, such is the world of football finances. And their lesser players, who are still very good Premier League performers, would also double their money, hence Walker has jumped ship and Rose is moaning. Others, such as Dier, would leave too, if the opportunity presented itself.

Daniel Levy has an almighty fight on his hands that is brewing.

People are placing too much importance on the transfers (or lack of on our case). The most important work is done on the training pitch (and in the dressing room). If the manager/coaches are good enough, that will transpire onto the pitch on matchdays. With a full preseaaon for most of our squad I think we'll come flying out of the blocks (again). I do however think we'll sacrifice the League cup (and the fa cup if we're still in the CL by then). I'm ok with that if we're in with a shout at the title, which I think we will be.

I think City will pip us to the title, as they are a bit better at killing off the smaller sides. I think both Spurs and Chelsea will struggle this season. Table prediction;

1. City

2. Liverpool

3. Man Utd

4. Arsenal

5. Chelsea

6. Spurs

Is that you John? Fuck off back to your yacht.

• 3 weeks later...

At the moment i'd say 6th at best - let's be honest the bitters are the only half decent side outside the obvious 6 and we are better than them.

That said if we have injuries like we had last season and it is likely given the extra games we have it could be worse then with how Everton have strengthened we could fall behind them.

But if we add the centre half and central midfield reinforcements we need so badly and hang on to Coutinho then we should fight for Top 4 again and with a bit of luck maybe fight for the title.

The next 20 days or so are pivotal in deciding what road our football club is going to go down in next few years...we stand at a real crossroads.

Our first 11 is a title challenging one - our squad depth is fucking terrible though...Klavan and Gomez as our centre half back up is a joke...

And God knows how our physically frail players are going to handle the extra demands of european footy this season - they couldn't cope last season are dropping like flies already at the start of this before a ball has been kicked in anger and the thought of them trying to cope with the workload ahead of them is frankly frightening.

Expect lots of WTF line ups this season if we don't get some additions and upgrades in.

After the window - 5th

1st. Someone's gotta win it, why not the best footballing side in the league?

Not too impressed by any of the other contenders.

I am tempted to agree with this - but "why not the best footballing side in the league?"

For me the answer is what happened on the opening day at Watford - it will happen too many times over the season - we'll concede too many goals and drop too many daft points when doing so to win the title.

I am tempted to agree with this - but "why not the best footballing side in the league?"

For me the answer is what happened on the opening day at Watford - it will happen too many times over the season - we'll concede too many goals and drop too many daft points when doing so to win the title.

I hear ya, it's a concern.

I just feel that we're a hell of a lot better placed to challenge than we were last season. Better options at full back, midfield, up front. I think we made mistakes last season that can be rectified, in terms of losing concentration in certain moments, and losing our heads in others - also, you'd like to think Jurgen will be better prepared for the busy xmas period, that definitely could've been managed better last season.

But when we're on it, there's not a team out there that can live with us.

We need the luck to go for us, with injuries and in the tight games where we are succeptible to conceding stupid fucking goals, but overall, I have great faith in what we're doing here.

Fucking bring it on.

• Upvote 2

I hear ya, it's a concern.

I just feel that we're a hell of a lot better placed to challenge than we were last season. Better options at full back, midfield, up front. I think we made mistakes last season that can be rectified, in terms of losing concentration in certain moments, and losing our heads in others - also, you'd like to think Jurgen will be better prepared for the busy xmas period, that definitely could've been managed better last season.

But when we're on it, there's not a team out there that can live with us.

We need the luck to go for us, with injuries and in the tight games where we are succeptible to conceding stupid fucking goals, but overall, I have great faith in what we're doing here.

Fucking bring it on.

Aye bring it on.