You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

I think Matip is a better footballer than Lovren, but the one thing I will say in the latter's defence is that he always gets given the opposition's best / biggest forward to mark and challenge as stopper, while Matip basically acts as a sweeper-type.

I think considering he is 6ft 4ins tall he could be far more aggressive in the air. Look at how poor he was for the first goal today, never even gets off the ground.

I thought the 1st goal was down to firmino ball watching and having no idea he had something to defend. Quite what our number 9 is doing being one of the central players in the zonal 4 across the 6 yard box is anyone's guess.
  • Upvote 1

I thought the 1st goal was down to firmino ball watching and having no idea he had something to defend. Quite what our number 9 is doing being one of the central players in the zonal 4 across the 6 yard box is anyone's guess.

Barry, players do switch off but it is up to their team mates to keep them focussed their captain should be giving rallying calls to wake them up. After the 2nd goal today Mario looked pissed shouting at people whilst merrily slipping along in the background smiling to himself was out captain. Our fucking captain. The gormlas year. Need more winners in this team. Although one would be a good start.

Barry, players do switch off but it is up to their team mates to keep them focussed their captain should be giving rallying calls to wake them up. After the 2nd goal today Mario looked pissed shouting at people whilst merrily slipping along in the background smiling to himself was out captain. Our fucking captain. The gormlas year. Need more winners in this team. Although one would be a good start.

Millionaire footballers shouldn't need telling how to do the basics of football techniques. A centre forward/striker almost always causes chaos in their own areas but we cannot leave 3 up for corners as we'd be outmanned in our own area. Klopp is coming up short doing this type of thing regularly.

If we can't get this over the line we should offer the money to Spurs for Alderweireld. He's in a contract stand off with them at the moment and it's clear from what Danny Rose said this week that some of the players there are pissed off that they're not getting the big wages they could get at other clubs.

• Upvote 2

If we can't get this over the line we should offer the money to Spurs for Alderweireld. He's in a contract stand off with them at the moment and it's clear from what Danny Rose said this week that some of the players there are pissed off that they're not getting the big wages they could get at other clubs.

Get Rose aswell while we're at it, £80m for two players who by the sounds of things won't sign a new deal at Tottenham because if their shitty wage structure should be enough, Levy likes money more than the FSG lot.

This is what I've been saying for so long. Not enough of them are hurt when we lose a goal. It doesn't seem to matter and it's why this team is team is no different to the one that capitulated against seville or dicked by stoke. It's no different. Mostly the same team. We need to get rid of too many and replace them. The trouble is there's only 2 players in the world who are better than these fucking losers.

Millionaire footballers shouldn't need telling how to do the basics of football techniques. A centre forward/striker almost always causes chaos in their own areas but we cannot leave 3 up for corners as we'd be outmanned in our own area. Klopp is coming up short doing this type of thing regularly.

I agree strikers can be a problem, but using a striker in that position, unless he's emile heskey, it's just neglect. It was the most basic of errors, but I can't imagine why he's there. If that's the best we've got sell all 11.

Was just gonna suggest this!

Not pariahs. Were are shit at getting deals done and I will need significant convincing that this is not intentional. The number of deals we have not closed with these owners leads me to this. It does not matter who is negotiating the deals we will always find a way to avoid closing them. How can one club so consistently make so many and varied fuck-ups?

We are like pests who got swiped on tinder and wont stop talking to the bird when she is keeping her options open. you don't wanna take her out for a drink, you just want her to come round for a drink/fuck. Sooner or later she is gonna go fuck someone else. 

Better than a win for you that mate, must have made your day. He was poor but no worse than any other defender. Barry Wom hit the nail on the head above.

That's not fair. I'm just pointing out that Matip gets a bit of an easy ride around here, he didn't do anything last season to deserve it. I want him to succeed. Ideally we bring two proper class CBs e.g., Van Dijk and someone of similar quality and have Matip and Lovren as our back-up or rotation options. However I accept that isn't realistic, so if we could bring Van Dijk in this month and let Matip and Lovren fight it out for the other spot, then that'd be a decent business for us.