You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

Just move the fuck on as we should have done a month ago. He's not worth the mentioned price/s regardless.

It was over two months ago we issued that grovelling apology which stated we wouldn't be back in for VVD.

The owners clearly have no intention of spending £60m or £70m on a CB.

Anyone who thinks they have is being taken for a ride.

• Upvote 1

We should put an offer in for Les Reed and offer him double or triple his wages and see how his morals are then, he'd jump at the chance to come here instead of that parasite of a club he works for now and if he accepts we should put him in a nice room at Melwood and forget he even exists, he's a moron. Nobody should be denied the opportunity to better themselves just because some prick has a grudge.

• Upvote 2

I can only assume that vvd is nailed on since the club have refused to even entertain signing any other central defender. Surely not even this skinflint club would hamstring itself like this.

Oh wait.

My guess is that Klopp has given his word to VVD especially as we fucked up the transfer and we're waiting for Southampton to be more open to the idea of them selling him to us.

At the moment they aren't.

We should put an offer in for Les Reed and offer him double or triple his wages and see how his morals are then, he'd jump at the chance to come here instead of that parasite of a club he works for now and if he accepts we should put him in a nice room at Melwood and forget he even exists, he's a moron. Nobody should be denied the opportunity to better themselves just because some prick has a grudge.

Yeah, but say that person that's kicking up such a fuss about bettering themselves, (Coutinho?)only signed a 6 year contract last year? And say the Club that he wants to move to, just happens to sign all our best players(Barca?). You'd want someone from our club to make a stance? No?

Yeah, but say that person that's kicking up such a fuss about bettering themselves, (Coutinho?)only signed a 6 year contract last year? And say the Club that he wants to move to, just happens to sign all our best players(Barca?). You'd want someone from our club to make a stance? No?

I fail to see the relevance here. Nope, nothing at all.

No not really, I'm more gutted about him wanting to leave than where, the only thing that pisses me off about Barca is the way they unsettle players to sign them, surely they already know 90% of players would jump at the chance to go there so they don't need to do it.

I'd rather have a squad full of players who appreciate playing for Liverpool and see us as the end game not a stepping stone to Barca or Real, it's going to take a few more years to achieve that but it's possible.

The way contracts mean jack shit really now they should just make it mandatory to put in release clauses in all contracts, it takes away all this will he won't he shit that disrupts the first 3 months of your season. During contract negotiations if the player feels the fee is too high they ask it to be lowered to an amount that is reasonable to both parties. If you want a player you know exactly how much it's going to cost you, for instance we bid £40m for Van Dijk and Southampton say no, we come back and say we'll pay £50m and they say you'll have to pay his release clause of £60m if you want him and if we really want him we'd just pay it. Transfer "saga" over with.

The echo are reporting that Southampton will do business over VVD with anyone but not Liverpool. They're saying that Southampton will not do business with us anymore, and I don't blame them really.

Why, they've fleeced us over the years why not again. Pride comes before the fall.....in transfer fees.

The echo are reporting that Southampton will do business over VVD with anyone but not Liverpool. They're saying that Southampton will not do business with us anymore, and I don't blame them really.

Why not?

Because poor ickle Soufampton got de fee dey wanted for der player?

Hypocritical cunts. I hope we fucking go to war with these type of cunts.

Got to laugh at southampton fan's comments that van Dijk is 'too good for Liverpool.' Like, I know we're not top dogs but we're a long way off southampton's shitty low level so Liverpool is indeed a massive step up for one of 'their' players. Bunch of cunts.

Sorry but I am just alluding to the fact we shamelessly pillage their squad quite often.

We don't like if when Barca come and I can understand why they don't like it.

True enough.

At this stage, rather than keep an unhappy Brazilian who's probably sure to underperform, I'd be quite happy if everybody acknowledged their place on the food chain.

Coutinho to Barcelona, Van Dijk and Keita to us.

There's a lot of their fans saying he should be looking at going to Barcelona as he's too good for us. Why's he in such a rush to leave? But when was the last time Barcelona bought a player off them? Van Dijk if he is as good as everyone thinks he is would probably love to sign for Barcelona. The route to get there though is not playing for mid table fodder like them. I'm under no illusions that players probably do see our club as a stepping stone to better things with the potential bonus of us actually waking up at some point and winning things ourselves.

• Upvote 1