You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

After listening to this I dont think he goes straight into the side

I doubt we'll see him start before February if I'm honest. He probably needs a few apps behind closed doors before Klopp feels he's up to speed...getting to know the system etc. Let's hope our supporters don't go ballistic as some did when oxlade and robertson were made tobwait a bit before getting minutes...

• Upvote 1

I doubt we'll see him start before February if I'm honest. He probably needs a few apps behind closed doors before Klopp feels he's up to speed...getting to know the system etc. Let's hope our supporters don't go ballistic as some did when oxlade and robertson were made tobwait a bit before getting minutes...

"Is Virgil van Dijk a committee signing? Does Jurgen Klopp really rate Virgil van Dijk? Is van Dijk fucking Jurgen's wife?"

All fantastic questions which I can't wait to deliberate on with fellow forumites when he won't be starting that many games this Jan. 

• Upvote 1

Alan Hansen is the best defender ever to play for Liverpool.

Hands down. Also part of a team that consistently won everything in sight. It’s not even open for discussion as far as I’m concerned

Too young to properly remember Hughes, and never saw Smith in his prime or Yeats. But post 1980, I 100% agree, Hansen without a shadow of a doubt. Lawrenson second.

Klopp's had no problems putting Mane and Salah straight into the line up, amongst others.  The obviously talented improvements to the first XI, funnily enough.

VVD might be eased in cause he's barely played in fuck knows how long but it's a bit of a myth that Klopp eases all new players in.

Klopp's had no problems putting Mane and Salah straight into the line up, amongst others.  The obviously talented improvements to the first XI, funnily enough.

VVD might be eased in cause he's barely played in fuck knows how long but it's a bit of a myth that Klopp eases all new players in.

Klopp explained this re:Ox.  Salah had a lot of pre-season. There are very few training sessions (and many are next game specific) once the season is in full swing to work on stuff for late/newcomers.

Alan Hansen is the best defender ever to play for Liverpool.

Hands down. Also part of a team that consistently won everything in sight. It’s not even open for discussion as far as I’m concerned

Let’s not discuss it with you then. I’m old enough to remember when Hansen made loads of mistakes and was considered a bit iffy at the beginning of his career at Liverpool. He went on to become an all time great, but I’m not sure he was the best ever.

Don’t forget, the discussion is closed for you. Anyone else want to discuss?

Guest Pistonbroke

I hope we make him train properly, fuck these new fan dangled Apps. 

Let’s not discuss it with you then. I’m old enough to remember when Hansen made loads of mistakes and was considered a bit iffy at the beginning of his career at Liverpool. He went on to become an all time great, but I’m not sure he was the best ever.

Don’t forget, the discussion is closed for you. Anyone else want to discuss?

Jesus. Have we got the painters in?

I was just emphasising how highly I rate him. I bow to your superior arl arseness

Just to be clear. Hansen and Lawro were imo the best defensive partnership I saw play for us. Thommo was slightly before my time.

I rate Sami up there with them

This. I never saw Thompson play for us but Hansen & Lawrenson were truly world class. People go on about baresi but I swear 95.7% of soups who swear by him never saw him play more than 5 full games. Our 2 were magnificent and if it wouldnt have been for the ban, we’d have at least another 2 European cups on the board.

This. I never saw Thompson play for us but Hansen & Lawrenson were truly world class. People go on about baresi but I swear 95.7% of soups who swear by him never saw him play more than 5 full games. Our 2 were magnificent and if it wouldnt have been for the ban, we’d have at least another 2 European cups on the board.

Spot on

Be worth 200 million each in today's market

Think Lawrenson gets a bad rap cos of his shit punditry in recent years but he was absolutely brilliant. For me better than Hansen as a footballer as he was excellent in midfield too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I understand you cannot register a player before 1st January and you have to be registered at least a day before a match to be eligible to play but how come Silva got minutes for Leicester when he could only have been registered yesterday?

Obviously something else at play but I'm not sure what.

Yeats, Hughes, Thompson, Hansen, Lawrenson and Hyppia were all great center halfs or centre backs for the club. Even Tommy Smith in later years is in with a shout. Yeats is the nearest in build to van Dijk. Hansen was just awesome and shades Lawrenson in my opinion since he was a better reader of the game and almost as quick as Lawrenson before knee injuries slowed him down.

I've thought of a brilliant song for Big Virg:

There's only o-o-o-o-o-n-n-n-e-e Virgil Van Dijk

There's only o-o-o-o-o-n-n-n-e-e Virgil Van Dijk

Walking along, singing a song,

Walking in a Virgil Van Dijk wonderland!

Or more obviously, and less creatively, some clever dick can work this old ditty in...