You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

Guest Pistonbroke

Seen someone get told off on Twitter the other day by someone who knows the player or has dealings with his people saying he’s not called VVD nor does he go by Van Dijk, he’s known by and wants to be called Virgil.

I hope Alexander Mark David Oxlade-Chamberlain doesn't read these forums. 

Seen someone get told off on Twitter the other day by someone who knows the player or has dealings with his people saying he’s not called VVD nor does he go by Van Dijk, he’s known by and wants to be called Virgil.

I reserve the right to call him a cunt if he is no better than the last CB Southampton rinsed us for

Guest Pistonbroke

Will this Orange chap play against the Blueshite?

Doesn't look like it mate, but he'll probably be on the bench. There is a Klopp interview on here somewhere about it all. VVD is desperate to play, but no rush to get him involved from the off. 

Let’s not discuss it with you then. I’m old enough to remember when Hansen made loads of mistakes and was considered a bit iffy at the beginning of his career at Liverpool. He went on to become an all time great, but I’m not sure he was the best ever.

Don’t forget, the discussion is closed for you. Anyone else want to discuss?

He was still better than Emlyn but nowhere near as versatile. Lawrenson was more compaeable to Hughes.Those were the days when a new player was allowed to make mistakes before bedding in to the side.

I thought that Lawrenson was a better defender than Hansen.

In the sense that Lawrenson could play left back as well he was probably a bit more versatile than Hansen. The fact that Hansen spent longer in Liverpool's first team while Lawrenson was bumming around Preston and Brighton is also crucial. It is true Hansen made gaffs in defence so to did Lawrenson but his were made in a lower league with Preston and a spell with Brighton. But better centre back and reader of the game than Hansen no not in my opinion.