You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester Arena Explosions?

Anubis

Don't think this had anything to do with religion tbf, this was about politics in the same way the troubles were nothing to do with religion.

It just so happens that one side of the political side is Muslim.

I just can't understand why anyone can think this, it's like brainwashing.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm not shocked at the latest revelation from Rudd that this bomber was known to the security services, it's a line we seem to here after nearly every attack. 

Wasn't his dad fighting in Libya or something?

Absolutely no excuse for what he's done, but again, that's a country we helped fuck up royally.

It's no coincidence that all this stuff starts in poor, war ravaged countries. Wonder how many people there are from Dubai running around blowing shit up?

• Upvote 1

Is it time to remove all protection that ideas get? All churches pay tax, no religious schools, take all religion out of school other than instructional lessons, no religious places in the Lords, no exception from any law based on religious views, no halal, no kosher slaughter, no confessional protection.

Anyone is free to follow whatever religion they want but it'll get you no special treatment other than in your own house/church.

Muslims and Jews won't eat meat or dairy if they aren't Kosher / Halal. So you're proposing to turn every Muslim and Jew pescetarian overnight. Do you think it's fair to condemn millions of people because of one persons actions? How would you feel if Liverpool got banned from the Premier League indefinitely because a Liverpool fan set off a bomb and killed people? Also why are the Jews being punished, exactly?

Mad how they can carry out attacks like this yet not one of them has done Tommy Robertson over good and proper yet. 

Was at an EDL rally in Bolton years ago, it was surreal. The coppers set up two pens with a 20 yard gap between them with EDL in one side and anti fascists in the other, then they just let them hurl abuse at each other for an hour. The EDL had their own DJ and arrived on open topped buses straight from the pub.

When they all entered the park some old bloke unfurled a Soviet banner and they all started calling him a 'paedo', then a Bill Oddy lookalike started kicking off at him saying about how many people Communists had killed, so the police rugby tackled Oddy and dragged him off. Then some police horses came through while a WPC walked in front of them saying 'get out of the way of the horses'. (think it was a health and safety thing.

The BBC were there with their own bouncers too. In hindsight it was tremendous craic.

• Upvote 1

An interesting read. And strongly backs up the claims that UK foreign policy is a huge motivating factor in these attacks, with quotes straight from the cowardly murderous horse's mouth...

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/23/british-intelligence-warned-tony-blair-of-manchester-like-terrorism-if-the-west-invaded-iraq/

Dabiq puts it 3rd or 4th on the list, but you don't believe them.

An interesting read. And strongly backs up the claims that UK foreign policy is a huge motivating factor in these attacks, with quotes straight from the cowardly murderous horse's mouth...

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/23/british-intelligence-warned-tony-blair-of-manchester-like-terrorism-if-the-west-invaded-iraq/

To me that reads like Blair already had his mind made up that we was going to war despite reading the intel reports and that he was just going to do whatever Bush wanted to do. Looks like Bush wanted to go to war and the fear of upsetting him and our "relationship" with the US we went along with it.

It is an interesting read that with hindsight should have been taken a lot more serious than it clearly was.

Dabiq puts it 3rd or 4th on the list, but you don't believe them.

Nobody is talking about Dabiq. There is nothing to suggest that the 7/7 bombers were ISIS inspired, I believe? It shows your cock sure arrogance (which is normally present in most of your posts) that you seem to be disregarding actual words directly from the perpetrators mouths.

Absolutely stunning and weird behaviour.

"Then exactly what the JIC had predicted occurred. Fifty-two people were killed in July 2005 when four suicide bombers — three of whom were British-born — carried out attacks on the subway and a bus in London. One of the killers taped himself stating that they were killing their fellow citizens because Western governments “continuously perpetuate atrocities against my people all over the world.” In a separate tape another said, “What have you witnessed now is only the beginning of a string of attacks that will continue and become stronger until you pull your forces out of Afghanistan and Iraq.”

Two months ago, a British-born Muslim convert murdered four people with a car on Westminster Bridge, then got out and stabbed a policeman to death. Just minutes before his killing spree he declared via WhatsApp that he was acting in revenge against Western wars in the Mideast."

It's beyond dispute. Most of the ISIS high command are former Iraqi military. The refugee crisis in the Med is largely down to our removal of Gadaffi. Assad's resistance is largely down to the fact the last 'arab spring' leader to come a cropper was pulled from a drain and sodomised with a gun before being shot in the head. 

Muslims and Jews won't eat meat or dairy if they aren't Kosher / Halal. So you're proposing to turn every Muslim and Jew pescetarian overnight. Do you think it's fair to condemn millions of people because of one persons actions? How would you feel if Liverpool got banned from the Premier League indefinitely because a Liverpool fan set off a bomb and killed people? Also why are the Jews being punished, exactly?

I'm talking about removing all religious exemptions. U.K. decides it's cruel to kill animals without stunning them, but it's ok if you are religious- mental. The adherents have a choice, ignore the doctrine (just like all the other little bits they pick and chose) or go veggie. Or the leaders say "you know what, this is a minor rule, it doesn't matter in the 21st century so we'll ignore it".

Same with tax, get the fuckers to pay their fair share.

If this bloke was a christian fundamentalist, then we'd just be calling him a nutcase and trying to find out if his mates were involved.

The way we act in the middle east is why this happens.  It's gives credence to the hate-preaching, it makes young islamists think we're cunts. 

Take the Red Mosques for example, they are a huge problem.  But they're a problem because parents can't afford to pay for education for their children, so they take up the 'kind' offer of the Red Mosque to educate their children for 'free'.  Guess what, it's not 'free'.  They take your child away and make them into fucking dickheads whose life revolves around the Qu'ran.  That's not typical of many muslims!  People think they all recite from the Qu'ran and are militant.  They're not.  Some aren't that arsed about religion.

If the West started proper free schools in the middle east that offered a genuine 'free' education, and protected them from militant bastards, then we would eventually win.  We should also stop selling weapons to them, would be helpful.  As it is, we take take take, and we harm them and their families, and we take their natural resources and we are the monsters.  Ironically, their hatred of 'the west' is akin to the facist response in this country of islamaphobia. So, ISIS hate me because I'm from the West, I'm evil.  That's obviously wrong, as wrong as the stance of Daily Mail readers that all of islam is the problem.

But I don't hold my breath that we can untangle this.  We live in a country where millions of people vote for the woman who shuts hospitals and hates the disabled.

• Upvote 3

Its far deeper than our foreign policy. It plays a part somewhere along the line, but it will not be what made this fuckwit blow himself up killing innocents in the process.

You can fairly confident he was largely driven by an insane belief that his religion must obliterate non-believers.

You cant solve that with bombs on the otherside of the world.

How do you solve it?    

Its far deeper than our foreign policy. It plays a part somewhere along the line, but it will not be what made this fuckwit blow himself up killing innocents in the process.

You can fairly confident he was largely driven by an insane belief that his religion must obliterate non-believers.

How do you solve it?

He was brain washed by someone who convinced him he was doing it for a worthy cause he had been indoctrinated with hate in the same way that bloke planted a nail bomb in soho to kill the gays.

It is learned behaviour he wouldn't have always thought that or had those beliefs but somewhere along the line he has had his head turned.

Summarised here:

“A very senior [special Operations Forces] officer who had served on the Joint Staff in the 1990s told me that more than once he heard terrorist strikes characterized as ‘a small price to pay for being a superpower.’”

How do you solve it?

Yep. I don't think anybody is saying that it's exclusively down to foreign policy. But, some people don't want to acknowledge at all that our foreign policy is a factor that motivates these lunatics. They want to tag everything to their religion. Which obviously is a factor, that's undeniable too.

Not aimed at you personally, but lots of people are asking how to solve it, but are not being honest to themselves. It won't be solved until people have a proper, honest discussion about what motivates these attacks and some people, for unknown but inexplicable reasons, will simply not admit that foreign policy is an issue.

Until the people that matter are willing to have that discussion, it makes you question if there is a genuine appetite to stop it.

• Upvote 1

Therefore how was it down to religion; I am sure there are also catholics who want to be a part of the uk.

Last time i checked Protestants and Catholics were different denominations of the Christian faith, which i'm pretty certain is a religion.

I'm baffled as to how anyone can claim that this isn't about religion - because if you take the religion factor out of the equation, it ceases to be.

And my original point was to question the Manchester attack. Again, fundamentally it is about religion.