You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

A predictably great signing because he was exactly the type of attacker we needed. Weird the opposition he got when we were first linked.Think people are starting to realize his level is a lot higher than they thought as well.

Some would say he's the difference between 8th and 2nd.

Mental bastards.

• Upvote 1

ACON starts on 14 January.  Senegal are in a group with Algeria, Tunisia and Zimbabwe.  Final group game is 23 January for Senegal, so hopefully they get knocked out by then.  If not, worst case is final in 5 February.

In that case, I'll be supporting Algeria, Tunisia and Zimbabwe FC, not Senegal FC.

In that case, I'll be supporting Algeria, Tunisia and Zimbabwe FC, not Senegal FC.

They're not football clubs, they're international teams.  I know, I hadn't heard of Africa until recently either, but apparently it's true.

Will miss

fa cup 3rd

Semi final of league cup

United away

Swansea home

Chelsea home

Hull away

Really home we have a replacement lined up early in January

If they go out in the groups he would be back for Chelsea

I thought that he was a headless chicken, undisciplined and without end product. I was concerned that we were pissing away £30m.

Utterly wrong on all counts.

He should be in everyone's team of the season. Absolutely brilliant player with a great attitude

Me too. Thought it was another typical Liverpool underwhelming and expensive signing. Glad he's proved the doubters wrong. I like his work ethic and attitude.

He is gonna be a massive loss in Jan...offers something different to our other attackers and something we have lacked and need to unlock teams.

I think we could struggle without him.

I don't think we'll struggle.  We'll miss him, like we miss Coutinho, but we don't generally tend to fall apart under Klopp (Bournemouth excepted) when a key player is out.  Hopefully Sturridge can remain fit for 4 or 5 games, because he can make a fucking big difference if he's at the races.  And hopefully Coutinho will be back around then, as Firmino seems to be missing his presence more than most.

I just hope Mane doesn't get injured at that tournament.  4 or 5 games covering him is one thing, but I wouldn't back Sturridge to stay fit any longer than that.

• Upvote 1

I don't think we'll struggle. We'll miss him, like we miss Coutinho, but we don't generally tend to fall apart under Klopp (Bournemouth excepted) when a key player is out. Hopefully Sturridge can remain fit for 4 or 5 games, because he can make a fucking big difference if he's at the races. And hopefully Coutinho will be back around then, as Firmino seems to be missing his presence more than most.

I just hope Mane doesn't get injured at that tournament. 4 or 5 games covering him is one thing, but I wouldn't back Sturridge to stay fit any longer than that.

reasonable points...although i am still of the belief we will be moving sturridge on in jan although probably be a deadline day job so he may play a part during Mane's absence depending on fitness/if we are gonna spend.

reasonable points...although i am still of the belief we will be moving sturridge on in jan although probably be a deadline day job so he may play a part during Mane's absence depending on fitness/if we are gonna spend.

I can't see Klopp letting Sturridge go in January, unless it's the last day as you say.  I think he's got too much to offer us in the final stretch of the season when we're in need of that little bit of star quality to nick us 3 points.  Like at Everton.  Mane got the goal, but that was all Sturridge, right at the death.  I can see one or two repeat performances of that in the near future.  If he can remain injury free, that is.

There's more chance that Klopp will let Sturridge go at the end of the season, and he's probably already earmarked a replacement for him.

On another note, I do think FIFA should sync it all up and have international tournaments at the same time of year. The different federations can weigh in on what's best for them and then FIFA should go with the majority. It's a global game and as such, it's farcical to have the calendar all over the place on when it is international tournament time.

• Upvote 1