You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

37 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Probably not too enthused about another antisemite being elected to the Labour ranks.

Not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it here stronts. I'm sure most of us would denounce any serious anti semitism on any innocent person but don't you think throwing the "anti semitism" line all over the place with the gusto of a bridesmaid throwing rice at  a wedding somewhat takes the focus off the real anti Semite people/organisations amongst us whilst at the same time undermining your point.

11 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Evidence? 

Jess Phillips has basically said as much.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it here stronts. I'm sure most of us would denounce any serious anti semitism on any innocent person but don't you think throwing the "anti semitism" line all over the place with the gusto of a bridesmaid throwing rice at  a wedding somewhat takes the focus off the real anti Semite people/organisations amongst us whilst at the same time undermining your point.

The Holocaust didn't begin with Jews being herded into gas chambers. It started with the spread of tropes and conspiracies much like the ones Forbes "accidentally" endorsed on Facebook.

The idea that we should just ignore the latter until it turns into the former is offensively stupid.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

The Holocaust didn't begin with Jews being herded into gas chambers. It started with the spread of tropes and conspiracies much like the ones Forbes "accidentally" endorsed on Facebook.

The idea that we should just ignore the latter until it turns into the former is offensively stupid.

I’m asking you. Not her. 

So, Conservatives can read this that by moving stronger to the deal-or-no-deal-we-are-out-of-the-EU on 31 October position they can claw back most of their votes that are now going to the Brexit Party. If Labour move from the sitting on the fence position, they will lose even more votes to Lib Dems or Brexit.

36 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

I’m asking you. Not her. 

Evidence that another anti-semite has been elected into the Labour ranks. 

Like you said here.

1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Probably not too enthused about another antisemite being elected to the Labour ranks.

44 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Yep accidentally being the operative word.

If the shit hit ever did hit the fan (and I hope it dosnt) I'd rather someone who's put his back into fighting racism all his life like Corbyn than a self publicist ego tripper like Jess Phillips on my side.

Anyway lets relax, count to 10 and  enjoy a little story,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Evidence that another anti-semite has been elected into the Labour ranks. 

Okay, sorry, I assumed you knew what I was talking about.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/02/jewish-groups-labour-peterborough-byelection-lisa-forbes-antisemitism

Jewish groups say Labour should disown Peterborough byelection candidate

Lisa Forbes apologises over online posts and promises to take antisemitism training

Jewish organisations have called on Labour to distance itself from its Peterborough byelection candidate, who has apologised for liking a post that said Theresa May had a “Zionist slave masters agenda”.

Lisa Forbes, who will fight the marginal seat for Labour in the knife-edge byelection on Thursday, said she apologised “wholeheartedly for not calling out these posts”.

She claimed she had “intended to like a video of schoolchildren praying in solidarity with the Christchurch attacks, not the views expressed in the accompanying text”.

The Twitter activity was unearthed by a freelance reporter, who also found Forbes had commented on a thread that claimed Isis was created and funded by the CIA and Mossad. Forbes wrote: “I have enjoyed reading this thread so much.”

This Lisa Forbes thing we're seeing is nothing new. The rush to label people. To label her comment about the CIA and Mossad as antisemitic is absolutely crazy. She said she found a post interesting etc. She didn't advocate the content of the post. It's twisting reality to class a failure to condemn something as agreeing with that same thing. 

As for the New Zealand kids praying video, she said she didn't pay attention to the text and liked the post as she liked the imagery of schoolchildren praying. We're back to that situation of instantly labelling people and not giving them the benefit of the doubt. And ignoring context and past behaviour. If she is the raving antisemitise that she's being smeared as, wouldn't there likely be stronger evidence than a clumsy like of a Facebook post, which she's given a perfectly believable explanation for? 

It's getting to a point now where somebody can level a harmful accusation at somebody and then it's on them to disprove that claim, rather than the usual situation of he who asserts must prove. It's perverse. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Okay, sorry, I assumed you knew what I was talking about.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/02/jewish-groups-labour-peterborough-byelection-lisa-forbes-antisemitism

Jewish groups say Labour should disown Peterborough byelection candidate

Lisa Forbes apologises over online posts and promises to take antisemitism training

Jewish organisations have called on Labour to distance itself from its Peterborough byelection candidate, who has apologised for liking a post that said Theresa May had a “Zionist slave masters agenda”.

Lisa Forbes, who will fight the marginal seat for Labour in the knife-edge byelection on Thursday, said she apologised “wholeheartedly for not calling out these posts”.

She claimed she had “intended to like a video of schoolchildren praying in solidarity with the Christchurch attacks, not the views expressed in the accompanying text”.

The Twitter activity was unearthed by a freelance reporter, who also found Forbes had commented on a thread that claimed Isis was created and funded by the CIA and Mossad. Forbes wrote: “I have enjoyed reading this thread so much.”

So no evidence then.

15 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Wasn't aware Peterborough by-election was all about anti-Semitism.  

What? All those Pakistanis voted Labour because it was about AS. That's where Farage went wrong, not enough Soros conspiracy theories the last couple of weeks.

The anti semitism dog whistlers are having little affect. The friends of Israel party or change UK has nosedived into oblivion. The sillyness of the  accusations are proving counter productive.

How's Chukka Uhma and Joan Ryan this afternoon?  They seem very quiet.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The anti semitism dog whistlers are having little affect. The friends of Israel party or change UK has nosedived into oblivion. The sillyness of the  accusations are proving counter productive.

How's Chukka Uhma and Joan Ryan this afternoon?  They seem very quiet.

Here she is, taken a few weeks ago. The following idiot is believe it or not Chairman of the friends of Israel.