You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Let's be fair here. Corbyn initially said in that tweet that Brianna was killed because she was trans - something the police investigating have pointedly said they don't believe to be the case as of now. That's given cunts all the ammo they need to slaughter him, and why he's changed his tweet.

I'd personally not be surprised at all if Corbyn was right about why she was killed, but that's for another time and another thread.

2 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Let's be fair here. Corbyn initially said in that tweet that Brianna was killed because she was trans - something the police investigating have pointedly said they don't believe to be the case as of now. That's given cunts all the ammo they need to slaughter him, and why he's changed his tweet.

I'd personally not be surprised at all if Corbyn was right about why she was killed, but that's for another time and another thread.

The police have ruled that possibility back in, amongst a number of lines of inquiry. I'm not sure why it was ever ruled out initially.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, skend04 said:

The police have ruled that possibility back in, amongst a number of lines of inquiry. I'm not sure why it was ever ruled out initially.

Yep, this afternoon, just seen it. It does seem odd that they would have ruled it out when they clearly didn't have strong reason to now that they're acknowledging the possibility. 

2 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

There were loads of..its not a hate crime comments (which are looking increasingly inaccurate)

There were also a fair number of virtue signalling calls(presumably he should comment on every single murder which happened in the country)

And the obligatory terrorist sympathiser claims. 

He maybe shouldn't have prejudge it but anyone who thinks the media haven't completely poisoned simpletons minds against him,are not paying attention. 

They were using the murder of a young girl as a stick to beat him

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Arniepie said:

2015 -2019 was a dark dismal period for Labour apparently. 

Well they lost two elections, one against the up to that point most useless PM in history and the second in which they were utterly “bitch slapped” No mean feat in just 4 years, by any measure they were hardly golden years.

15 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Well they lost two elections, one against the up to that point most useless PM in history and the second in which they were utterly “bitch slapped” No mean feat in just 4 years, by any measure they were hardly golden years.

Besides the brief Blair era, how many other 'golden era's have Labour had in the last 80 years or so?

10 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Any labour voter who says they weren't optimistic in 2017 is lying.

I voted Labour in 2017 (and 2019). I wasn’t optimistic. I’m not lying. I wasn't optimistic because Labour weren’t ever going to win an election outright, not in a month of Sundays, so I felt like I was wasting my vote, it was unlikely they’d get enough votes to form a coalition (Tories were closer to a majority than Labour to a coalition), and if they did manage to scrape enough votes to try for a coalition, then others had ruled it out meaning a fuck load more nonsense, a collapsed government, and their manifesto policies - which weren’t anywhere near left wing enough to stir neither as much opprobrium nor as much devotion as they got - wouldn’t have been enacted. After that, it was obvious to me that it was the high point. It was downhill from there. So if his policies weren’t much to write home about, and even if they were they weren’t getting into play, so there was little for me to be optimistic about.  

I honestly don’t know why there’s so much fuss about somebody so unremarkable. He’s a decent bloke off the allotment and used his safe Labour seat to rebel against Labour. Little more than that, there’s a load of lefties who do lefty things in London. 

There are plenty of Labour MP's in safe seats unwilling to use their privileged position of being in a safe seat to stand up for the poor, the discriminated against, the disenfranchised, Corbyn was willing to do that ever since he got into parliament and before to be honest.

When he was leader he inspired a new generation of voters to join the Labour Party, swelling the ranks more than they had been in a long time. This while facing constant brickbats from the right of the party, not to mention facing constant abuse by the MSM on an almost industrial scale.

Don't get me started in the antisemitism bollocks thrown at him.

I see Sir Keith has said that he won't be Labour's candidate in Islington North in the next election. OK Keith, you win, have your party, best of luck, but you'll lose even more backers from the left. If you're happy with that Keith, all power to you.

If there were more Jeremy Corbyns and less Kier Starmers in the Labour Party, I probably wouldn't be voting green!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

There are plenty of Labour MP's in safe seats unwilling to use their privileged position of being in a safe seat to stand up for the poor, the discriminated against, the disenfranchised, Corbyn was willing to do that ever since he got into parliament and before to be honest.

When he was leader he inspired a new generation of voters to join the Labour Party, swelling the ranks more than they had been in a long time. This while facing constant brickbats from the right of the party, not to mention facing constant abuse by the MSM on an almost industrial scale.

Don't get me started in the antisemitism bollocks thrown at him.

I see Sir Keith has said that he won't be Labour's candidate in Islington North in the next election. OK Keith, you win, have your party, best of luck, but you'll lose even more backers from the left. If you're happy with that Keith, all power to you.

If there were more Jeremy Corbyns and less Kier Starmers in the Labour Party, I probably wouldn't be voting green!

Keith. Straight out Compton Twitter. 

Enjoy your Green government. 

Some people might say my life is in a rut
I'm quite happy with what I got
People might say that I should strive for more, but
I'm so happy I can't see the point
Something's happening here today
A show of strength with your boy's brigade
And I'm so happy and you're so kind
You want more money, of course I don't mind
To buy nuclear textbooks for atomic crimes
And the public gets what the public wants
But I want nothing this society's got

I'm going underground (going underground)
Well, if the brass bands play and feet start to pound
Going underground (going underground)
Well, let the boys all sing and let the boys all shout for tomorrow

Some people might get some pleasure out of hate
Me, I've enough already on my plate
People might need some tension to relax
Me? I'm too busy dodging between the flak
What you see is what you get
You've made your bed, you better lie in it
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies wash you down and their promises rust
You'll see kidney machines replaced by rockets and guns
And the public wants what the public gets
But I don't get what this society wants

So let the boys all sing and let the boys all shout for tomorrow

(Oh) la-la-la-la
(Oh) la-la-la-la

We talk and we talk until my head explodes
I turn on the news and my body froze
These braying sheep on my TV screen
Make this boy shout, make this boy scream
Going underground
I'm going underground
I'm going underground
I'm going underground

(Oh) la-la-la-la
(Oh) la-la-la-la
(Oh) la-la-la-la
(Oh) la-la-la-la

Braying sheep on my TV screen

Well, let the boys all sing and let the boys all shout

Well, if the brass bands play and feet go pound-pound-pound

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

Some people might say my life is in a rut
I'm quite happy with what I got
People might say that I should strive for more, but
I'm so happy I can't see the point
Something's happening here today
A show of strength with your boy's brigade
And I'm so happy and you're so kind
You want more money, of course I don't mind
To buy nuclear textbooks for atomic crimes
And the public gets what the public wants
But I want nothing this society's got

Well, let the boys all sing and let the boys all shout for tomorrow

Some people might get some pleasure out of hate
Me, I've enough already on my plate
People might need some tension to relax
Me? I'm too busy dodging between the flak
What you see is what you get
You've made your bed, you better lie in it
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies wash you down and their promises rust
You'll see kidney machines replaced by rockets and guns
And the public wants what the public gets
But I don't get what this society wants

(Oh) la-la-la-la
(Oh) la-la-la-la

We talk and we talk until my head explodes
I turn on the news and my body froze
These braying sheep on my TV screen
Going underground
I'm going underground
I'm going underground
I'm going underground

(Oh) la-la-la-la
(Oh) la-la-la-la
(Oh) la-la-la-la
(Oh) la-la-la-la

Braying sheep on my TV screen

Well, let the boys all sing and let the boys all shout

Well, if the brass bands play and feet go pound-pound-pound

Went straight in at Number 1

Thirty six years later...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/paul-weller-257-1189852

• Like 1

I wasn’t going to bother voting in the next general election. Now, I think I’ll actually vote against Labour. It won’t make any difference like as I’m in a safe Labour constituency. But, it’ll make me feel a bit better. 

I don’t think Corbyn will stand as an independent. Nor will he launch his own party. Despite him being shit on by dishonest Starmer, I think he’s got too much integrity and love for the party to actively stand against them. Although, he seems to be one of a few constituency focused MPs and mightn’t want to abandon them to a parachuted in Starmer pick. If I was Corbyn, I’d jib it though. He’s not getting any younger. Enjoy the allotment and that. I understand it’ll be hard for him to concede that the liars and smear merchants won. But, sadly, they have. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I wasn’t going to bother voting in the next general election. Now, I think I’ll actually vote against Labour. It won’t make any difference like as I’m in a safe Labour constituency. But, it’ll make me feel a bit better. 

I don’t think Corbyn will stand as an independent. Nor will he launch his own party. Despite him being shit on by dishonest Starmer, I think he’s got too much integrity and love for the party to actively stand against them. Although, he seems to be one of a few constituency focused MPs and mightn’t want to abandon them to a parachuted in Starmer pick. If I was Corbyn, I’d jib it though. He’s not getting any younger. Enjoy the allotment and that. I understand it’ll be hard for him to concede that the liars and smear merchants won. But, sadly, they have. 

Repped for the part in bold.