You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

This was the result the last time just legislation for a referendum was put forward by Labour. A few observers suggest the result would be even more opposition. I'm still going with a softer Brexit than May's deal as the outcome. Unless the ERG decide May's deal is better than either Norway style deal or another referendum. Can't see how parliament could ever agree what would be on the ballot for another referendum. But hopefully those who were disillusioned with Labour will see the bigger picture and finally accept Labour didn't create this situation or facilitated it. 

D0-UTXt3-X4-AU1-PPj.jpg

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

John Mann having a heart attack on R4 Today is worth the political machinations of the last few days. I know Labour are a broad church but I didn't realise they  stretched all the way round to the Kippers. Why he and the likes of Hoey don't go and join Farage's new party is a mystery, it's their natural home and de rigueur de jour.

65039448.jpg

• Upvote 3

On 2/25/2019 at 10:46 PM, Strontium Dog said:

Take with the usual pinch of salt:

Even if a few more mp's join TIG and they all fight at an election, less than 2.5% of the electorate will have the chance to vote for them. Absolutely ridiculous poll , presumably aimed at deliberately dismaying Labour & Lib Dem supporters via the boost to dodgy right-wing headline writers.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Even if a few more mp's join TIG and they all fight at an election, less than 2.5% of the electorate will have the chance to vote for them. Absolutely ridiculous poll , presumably aimed at deliberately dismaying Labour & Lib Dem supporters via the boost to dodgy right-wing headline writers.

Maybe they’ll stand some new candidates.

Although that then raises the issue of putting together an effective party organisation.

I see the media are going after Chris Williamson today, because of some comments he made at a screening of a film about a Jewish activist, hosted by a Jewish organisation, the massive anti-Semitic cunt. 

The fact that all the headlines use the same two decontextualised words, framed in the same way, should get anyone's bullshit sensors twitching.

I don't think people realise how disastrous this split is for Labour. Not only have Labour lost Scotland and Northern Ireland to the SNP and Sinn Fein, they've now split the English vote three ways between Labour, TIG and the Lib Dems. They aren't getting in again. I reckon the Yougov poll will be similar to how it pans out; maybe with a bit more for the Lib Dems and a bit less for TIG.

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I see the media are going after Chris Williamson today, because of some comments he made at a screening of a film about a Jewish activist, hosted by a Jewish organisation, the massive anti-Semitic cunt. 

The fact that all the headlines use the same two decontextualised words, framed in the same way, should get anyone's bullshit sensors twitching.

Twitter going into meltdown over it....The thing is he didn't say anything anti-Semitic but that's not stopping everyone calling him anti-Semitic....

This country is going down the shitter and fast..

There's a great tweet from Shaun Lawson regarding it although I can't post it

10 minutes ago, Stickman said:

There's a great tweet from Shaun Lawson regarding it although I can't post it

You mean the one you removed? Seemed to be working ok, sometimes they're connected in threads though so you can't just post the single tweet I don't think, it'll be connected to one or more others.

Calling for his suspension now. 

Again the narrative is he is wrong, no evidence or analysis of what he said just he is wrong. 

Calling for suspension for expressing an opinion, but again it is the left who are bullies. 

Does anyone know when this meeting actually took place ?

27 minutes ago, Boss said:

I don't think people realise how disastrous this split is for Labour. Not only have Labour lost Scotland and Northern Ireland to the SNP and Sinn Fein, they've now split the English vote three ways between Labour, TIG and the Lib Dems. They aren't getting in again. I reckon the Yougov poll will be similar to how it pans out; maybe with a bit more for the Lib Dems and a bit less for TIG.

8C9432B1-C2C5-4736-8073-A65FF45CA98F.gif

44 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Calling for his suspension now. 

Again the narrative is he is wrong, no evidence or analysis of what he said just he is wrong. 

Calling for suspension for expressing an opinion, but again it is the left who are bullies. 

Does anyone know when this meeting actually took place ?

I think it was last night.  JVL hosted a screening of a film about Jackie Walker - a Jewish activist who was chucked under the bus and branded anti-Semitic as part of the witch hunt.

22 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I think it was last night.  JVL hosted a screening of a film about Jackie Walker - a Jewish activist who was chucked under the bus and branded anti-Semitic as part of the witch hunt.

Cheers. 

Reading up it was definitely in the last week. 

I am surprised because they don't normally allow filming at these events now, as far as I am aware.  

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

It's from a Daily Mail article regarding Javid's ban of Hezbollah and Corbyn's predictable response. It was a PR smear trap, which I posted before.

Ah didn't know you'd already posted about it. And yeah I saw that it was a Daily Mail thing about Hezbollah too. Mainly thought it was mad seeing the images first thing when getting search results. Wanted to see something about PMQ's then saw Corbyn standing there next to an image of a guy with a rifle, about as over the top as you can get. Looked more comedy to me than anything else really.

Owen Jones is a real fucking idiot at times, I really don't trust him at all.

"There's being a leftist - believing capitalism is a series of power relations - and being a conspiracist - believing there's shadowy individuals secretly pulling the strings. Conspiracism always leads to anti-Semitism, and a small but vocal group of conspiracists are in our ranks"

He can't not know about some of the shit going on here with Israel lobbies but he's clearly not saying anything. And any type of group could be pulling strings behind the scenes. It could be a mixture of different nationalities directing corporations, mainly one nationality manipulating their own government in a key country, or groups like the Bilderberg group and others like it. Fuck, loads of conspiracies involve aliens pulling the strings, maybe he thinks they're Jews or something? He's a fucking tit.

He can say a load of agreeable and mostly safe stuff and still ignore the real problems going on here, and that's exactly what he's been doing for a good while now. He's a fucking fake.