You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

It's from a Daily Mail article regarding Javid's ban of Hezbollah and Corbyn's predictable response. It was a PR smear trap, which I posted before.

Ah didn't know you'd already posted about it. And yeah I saw that it was a Daily Mail thing about Hezbollah too. Mainly thought it was mad seeing the images first thing when getting search results. Wanted to see something about PMQ's then saw Corbyn standing there next to an image of a guy with a rifle, about as over the top as you can get. Looked more comedy to me than anything else really.

Owen Jones is a real fucking idiot at times, I really don't trust him at all.

"There's being a leftist - believing capitalism is a series of power relations - and being a conspiracist - believing there's shadowy individuals secretly pulling the strings. Conspiracism always leads to anti-Semitism, and a small but vocal group of conspiracists are in our ranks"

He can't not know about some of the shit going on here with Israel lobbies but he's clearly not saying anything. And any type of group could be pulling strings behind the scenes. It could be a mixture of different nationalities directing corporations, mainly one nationality manipulating their own government in a key country, or groups like the Bilderberg group and others like it. Fuck, loads of conspiracies involve aliens pulling the strings, maybe he thinks they're Jews or something? He's a fucking tit.

He can say a load of agreeable and mostly safe stuff and still ignore the real problems going on here, and that's exactly what he's been doing for a good while now. He's a fucking fake.

4 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

I can assure you he is not.

I think he is on this. For a while I've thought he was cool, and he has touched on some real issues that I've been surprised at, but I'm not having the latest shit he's been going on about whilst ignoring so many key things. I think he's a fraud when it comes to this subject and he'll often be a divisive figure as time passes on other key subjects, maybe before backtracking later on if things don't go his way.

I'm done with believing he's just out to help Labour and that's all he's doing.

I accept that there's a chance I'm being too "conspiratorial" and Jones is just amazingly ignorant on parts of this problem. Maybe he'd even think I was being an anti-Semite if he knew of my views on this subject, so maybe we'd both be mistaken about each other. But he seems like such an intelligent guy that it baffles me how he's not seen some of the over the top crap going on. If nothing else he's highly ignorant of some of the aspects of what's happening here.

1 hour ago, moof said:

He’s a bright lad so he’ll know exactly what he’s doing. I don’t like it either. He is definitely guilty of spinning shit to suit his agenda on occasion. He’s certainly not great on Israel/Palestine 

Aye, he's just playing the game. Possibly a little too accepting of the rules. 

35 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Or maybe he just holds an opinion contrary to your own?

For someone of his intelligence going on about anti-Semitism regularly like he does, to not give a fair share of acceptance of the other side of this is just ignorant for me. All of the other side are just dismissed and probably in his eyes anti-Semites themselves.

And he's still a cunt too for that all conspiracism = anti-Semitism comment. How fucking stupid you have to be on that subject to believe that I can't get my head around. Maybe that's why I got a bit kneejerk, it's crazily wrong.

He's apparently been suspended for being provocative towards (aka disagreeing with) the Jewish community (apart from the "wrong kind of/self-hating Jews")

He was a bit of a troll and his comment could've been better worded. But, he's essentially been suspended for not agreeing with the lie that Labour is "institutionally antisemitic." 

It sets a very dangerous precedent. 

34 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Chris Williamson has been suspended. 

Can anybody tell me which bit of the IHRA definition he's breached? Or has he just upset people for not agreeing with the narrative they're trying to push? 

*sigh* 

Appeasement never works.