You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

No, don't you dare try to take the moral highground.

How about explaining what your problem with the phrase "Congratulations to everyone who kept up the pressure on the Labour leadership for so many months" is? You know, like an ADULT would do.

giphy.gif

No, don't you dare try to take the moral highground.

How about explaining what your problem with the phrase "Congratulations to everyone who kept up the pressure on the Labour leadership for so many months" is? You know, like an ADULT would do.

There you go I've "liked" that one or whatever the word is so as I say I won't get into a spat with you even if you childishly use capitals to add stress to you point. 

I never struggle with any question. You know why I negged you, so it's not necessary to say, is it.

Answer the question Yes or No. Actually no it doesn't suit yet more lies and hypocrisy from you. We all know you did, we all know you didn't have the balls to say why yet then went on to accuse someone else of not doing the same. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Answer the question Yes or No. Actually no it doesn't suit yet more lies and hypocrisy from you. We all know you did, we all know you didn't have the balls to say why yet then went on to accuse someone else of not doing the same. 

You don't need to explain when it's obvious. Very fucking simple.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Take with the usual pinch of salt:

18% of people say they will vote for a political party company that doesn't have any policies.

(And since when were the Lib Dems abbreviated to "LDM"?  That's just fucking weird - unless Election Maps UK think it's a francophone party called  les Liberals de Mocrats.)

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

18% of people say they will vote for a political party company that doesn't have any policies.

(And since when were the Lib Dems abbreviated to "LDM"?  That's just fucking weird - unless Election Maps UK think it's a francophone party called  les Liberals de Mocrats.)

Lying Deceitful Meddlers 

12 hours ago, The Guest said:

It’s honestly absolutely baffling how people can perceive things so laughably wrong.  I don’t know if it’s the time that’s passed or just being disingenuous because it suits your opinion.  The idea that media caused the tories to lose votes at the last general election is possibly the most stupid thing I’ve ever read on here and I used to read Strontium dog fuckers posts.

Theresa May cost the tories votes because she’s a raging fucking imbecile.  Corbyn basically had the vast majority of the PLP against him.  Backed up by the liberal and right wing media coalition he should never have stood a chance.  Labour got so many votes on sheer policy alone.  People with a brain and empathy are fucking sick to death of the country being run for the elite few.  The myth that the tories are good for the middle classes is well and truly smashed to pieces.

I take issue with the thing about people not liking “the democracy of Corbyn being challenged with a vote of no confidence.”  That’s complete nonsense.  What people weren’t happy with was the fucking gobshites in the PLP trying to keep him off the ballot because they didn’t like his left wing policies and lowly members actually getting a say.  It was a disgusting affront to democracy if anything.

If May had not been excluding journo's from press conference and choosing which journo's could ask questions, they wouldn't have reported the way they did. They'd have let it wash over and "strong and stable" would have been sold as a great tag line - in fact as it was for about the first week or two of campaigning. Even laura fucking Kuntsberg turned on her. May is without doubt an imbecile and if for no other reason than getting a normally pro-tory media to turn on her. but they did. and probably because they thought she couldn't lose, which she couldn't. She ran the worst campaign ever without the normal media support and still sits in number 10. People need to think about that when we look at the state the labour party is in. 

Labour are saying No Deal will not be on the ballot. 

Whatever deal passes Parliament or Remain. 

They are selling it as;

Original Vote was Vote Leave or Vote Remain

New Vote is "What Leave means" or "Status Quo" 

Those who voted leave now know what leave means and if they are happy with that they can confirm they are happy by voting for it. That way it will no longer to be possible to argue "People did not know what they were voting for" or "No one knows what the 17.4 million individuals actually voted for" .

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Labour are saying No Deal will not be on the ballot. 

Whatever deal passes Parliament or Remain. 

They are selling it as;

Original Vote was Vote Leave or Vote Remain

New Vote is What Leave actually means" or "Status Quo" 

Those who voted leave now know what leave means and if they are happy with that they can confirm they are happy by voting for it. That way it will no longer to be possible to argue "People did not know what they were voting for" or "No one knows what the 17.4 million individuals actually voted for" .

But how does it get to another vote? I don't understand the parliamentary numbers to make it work. Surely if her deal gets through parliament, then the same MP's who have voted for it, will vote against a 2nd vote? It seems to me a bit of a lip services offer of a referendum as I always thought the momentum behind a 2nd vote was parliament couldn't get consensus for a deal. If May's deal in whatever form it ends up gets through, it will be because we have consensus in parliament. How does labour win a vote for a 2nd referendum if a deal has been agreed? 

1 minute ago, Barry Wom said:

But how does it get to another vote? I don't understand the parliamentary numbers to make it work. Surely if her deal gets through parliament, then the same MP's who have voted for it, will vote against a 2nd vote? It seems to me a bit of a lip services offer of a referendum as I always thought the momentum behind a 2nd vote was parliament couldn't get consensus for a deal. If May's deal in whatever form it ends up gets through, it will be because we have consensus in parliament. How does labour win a vote for a 2nd referendum if a deal has been agreed? 

I don't think the numbers are there for a 2nd referendum either or for Mays deal. 

Phil WIlson and Peter Kyle amendment is Parliament should approve Mays deal on one condition - A 2nd Referendum. 

I believe the plan is to having the meaningful vote, which will fail and then propose this compromise to prevent No Deal. Those in favour of the deal should vote in favour,those who want a 2nd referendum should vote in favour and those who want to prevent No Deal should vote in favour. Hence it will comfortably pass.

From a couple of weeks ago;

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-latest-no-deal-labour-second-referendum-peoples-vote-phil-wilson-peter-kyle-a8772061.html

John Mann having a heart attack on R4 Today is worth the political machinations of the last few days. I know Labour are a broad church but I didn't realise they  stretched all the way round to the Kippers. Why he and the likes of Hoey don't go and join Farage's new party is a mystery, it's their natural home and de rigueur de jour.