You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres

Bjornebye

Didn't cisse score a penalty in Istanbul in 2005?

Torres was the best striker in the World in 2008.

His legs went and then he went to Stamford Bridge but that doesn't take anything away from how good he was for a couple of years.

• Upvote 1

He was immense in his pomp, preferred him to Suarez and likewise he was my favourite since Fowler. He seemed to lose his soul at some point though, moped for us, moped for Spain and just went shit, it was as though he just stopped liking football. Massive cunt though, people get het up about Owen but anything he did pales into comparison compared to this turd, going on Chelsea TV and saying he was glad to be at a big club, fuck you I'm glad you finished up a laughing stock. You could have been a contender.

• Upvote 3

He was immense in his pomp, preferred him to Suarez and likewise he was my favourite since Fowler. He seemed to lose his soul at some point though, moped for us, moped for Spain and just went shit, it was as though he just stopped liking football. Massive cunt though, people get het up about Owen but anything he did pales into comparison compared to this turd, going on Chelsea TV and saying he was glad to be at a big club, fuck you I'm glad you finished up a laughing stock. You could have been a contender.

He was told what to say, just like he was when he joined us.

He left his boyhood club, Atletico Madrid, to further his career. When we became shit, he left for Chelsea to further his career. Obviously, it didn't go exactly plan, but he still earned a shed load of money, picked up some medals and scored in the Europa League Final. It's not as if he would have won anything with us.

I was disappointed when he left, but wasn't bothered that it was Chelsea. He's a professional footballer, that's what they do. Anyway, there's no historical rivalry between us and them, their fans just sing twattish songs about us.

I won't even entertain the idea that Sturridge is even near Torres at his best. Sturridge has a better touch and dribbling ability but Torres was mesmerising at times. The complete striker, he was incredible in the air, never backed down not matter how many times an alehouse cunt tried to kick him. His pace was a joy to behold, he gluided across the grass and had every finish in his locker.

Even when he was training on his own I believed things would be resolved and he'd stay. Learned a harsh lesson about footballers when he went.

Was pretty gutted when he left but I stopped caring about him the moment he played that game against us, think it was his first game for Chelsea, and he looked like a fish up a tree. If he went on to be a great player for them I'd have probably grown to really dislike him, but instead he became a regular source of ridicule by many in the footballing world and I just kinda ended up feeling bad for him.

You feel bad about him winning the Champions League and the Europa League with the bridge of shame, while earning gadzilion per Season? Yeah ok.

He was overrated. he was never as talented or as consistent as Fowler or Suarez yet he played alongside better players than the other two.

You feel bad about him winning the Champions League and the Europa League with the bridge of shame, while earning gadzilion per Season? Yeah ok.

He was overrated. he was never as talented or as consistent as Fowler or Suarez yet he played alongside better players than the other two.

Overrated my arse.

I was sick when he left and thought he was a cunt but I was at the game at their place when Johnson scored the winner late on.

He was on the bench. He warmed up running towards us and he was getting dogs abuse. I thought it was so sad that it had come to this as I was thinking about his time with us and what it seemed to mean to him. He deserved it but I felt he didn't at the same time. Fucking great player.

I was at that charity game and although it was essentially a piss about game you could see what could've been with Torres and Suarez. The movement between them, the touches and the excitement whenever they went forward was entertaining but for me it was a nearly scenario. Had they both played up front for Liverpool in 2013/14 then I reckon we could've put the shite away that cost us that season like Southampton at home, fucking Hull away and the Blueshite away.

I was at that charity game and although it was essentially a piss about game you could see what could've been with Torres and Suarez. The movement between them, the touches and the excitement whenever they went forward was entertaining but for me it was a nearly scenario. Had they both played up front for Liverpool in 2013/14 then I reckon we could've put the shite away that cost us that season like Southampton at home, fucking Hull away and the Blueshite away.

He couldn't have done that much better than Sturridge if at all. Sturridge was immense for us.

Sturridge was immense but I think Torres in his pomp for us was better than Sturridge was in his (albeit perhaps there's more to say for Daniel). I also think Torres and Suarez would've clicked more than Suarez and Sturridge which is saying something I know. My main reasoning for that is I don't really remember Torres being that selfish of a striker whereas there definitely were times Sturridge would take on a shot when Suarez or someone else was in a better position.

Sturridge still does it but the difference is of course that it's not Suarez he's ignoring.

Torres is light years ahead of Sturridge. Sturridge is a good player but he's never done it consistently enough or against good enough teams to be considered on the road to being top class. As out and out finishing goes Torres is the best I've seen probably since Fowler.

Suarez, Fowler and Owen were better finishers. Owen was not necessarily a better striker. People have forgotten Torres style of play. He was very similar to Sturridge. I like Sturridge more because he doesn't give the ball away easily, which was one of Torres major flaws.

In any case this is 2016 and I'm not remotely interested in debating a cunt of the past. It's not that we won anything while he played for us to remember him and his departure was a fraud and disgrace on many levels.

I just remember in those pre-Lallanian days all the talk about Liverpool's Most Expensive Signing Ever?! and how our heads, and the rest of the English football establishment's, were practically done in by the money we spent. Apres-lui, the shite fest began in earnest and hasn't stopped.