You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Frank De Boer

navbasi

Yes, but we don't get to choose the managers so I think you should prepare yourself for someone like De Boer

If we get De Boer we get De Boer and certainly he's not going to be overawed by the size of the club or anything like that so that's a positive, I wouldn't say it's a sideways move but he's not a sure thing to come here and be successful. I would just like proven quality for a change, if Klopp is genuinely available and we get De Boer then that's a fucking huge mistake.

• Upvote 1

I've always ignored Dennis for the most part. Served me well up until now.

Not really in fact you should have engaged my shit when we appointed him and saved yourself a monumental three years of false idolism and hope and the current ego crushing turned petty nitpicking bourne out of four seasons foreplay and predicament of sexual football frustration, in reputational terms youre begbie and have just had a handful of the old meat and veg where a vagina should be, i warned you at the beginning of the night she had a mans penis, rodgers i mean you thought thered be a title winning vagina there, thats all youve been served a smelly willy, best served chilled. Dont brag about being wrong.

• Upvote 2

Yes we should turn our nose up at someone who will in all probability do a similar job to what Rodgers is doing now.

Well I assume that De Boer (like most other managers,ever) has a penchant for actually playing players in their favoured positions. 

A winning mentality is nothing to turn our noses up, considering our lack of success recently.

He has a name that should command a lot more respect by current/potential players than Rodgers.

I'm all in.

Frank de Boer - Honours

Player

Ajax

Eredivisie (5):1989–90, 1993–941994–951995–961997–98

KNVB Cup (2): 1992–931997–98

Johan Cruijff Shield (3): 199319941995

UEFA Champions League1994–95

UEFA Cup1991–92

UEFA Super Cup1995

Intercontinental Cup1995

Barcelona

La Liga1998–99

Netherlands

FIFA World Cup Fourth Place: 1998

AL Rayyan

Emir of Qatar Cup 2005

112 International Caps

519 Club appearances

Manager

Ajax

Eredivisie (4): 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14

Johan Cruijff Shield: 2013

De Boer has won four successive Eredivisie title with Ajax, the first manager ever to achieve this in the Dutch league. Moreover, it is the first time Ajax has ever won four successive titles. De Boer has now won nine championships with Ajax, another record. Johan Cruijff, Sjaak Swart and Jack Reynolds all won eight championships with Ajax.

De Boer was assistant manager for the Dutch at the 2010 World Cup.

Brendan Rodgers - Honours

Swansea City

Football League Championship play-offs: 2010–11

He wouldn't be my 1st or even 2nd choice but he fits the FSG model of what they are looking for in a manager so wouldn't be too upset if he came. He also played as a defender so you'd hope that he would know how to organise a defence. 

Frank de Boer - Honours

Player

Ajax

Eredivisie (5):1989–90, 1993–941994–951995–961997–98

KNVB Cup (2): 1992–931997–98

Johan Cruijff Shield (3): 199319941995

UEFA Champions League1994–95

UEFA Cup1991–92

UEFA Super Cup1995

Intercontinental Cup1995

Barcelona

La Liga1998–99

Netherlands

FIFA World Cup Fourth Place: 1998

AL Rayyan

Emir of Qatar Cup 2005

112 International Caps

519 Club appearances

Manager

Ajax

Eredivisie (4): 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14

Johan Cruijff Shield: 2013

De Boer has won four successive Eredivisie title with Ajax, the first manager ever to achieve this in the Dutch league. Moreover, it is the first time Ajax has ever won four successive titles. De Boer has now won nine championships with Ajax, another record. Johan Cruijff, Sjaak Swart and Jack Reynolds all won eight championships with Ajax.

De Boer was assistant manager for the Dutch at the 2010 World Cup.

Brendan Rodgers - Honours

Swansea City

Football League Championship play-offs: 2010–11

Nar wouldnt be any better than rodgers. Clearly. Hes not won a single champions league in five seasons at ajax so keep rodgers who nearly beat tim westwood in a semi final once.