You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

The big increases in wages are due to the new TV deal, think there has been around a 50% increase from the last one, and eventually the TV money filters down into player wages. £150k is the equivalent of £100k 2 seasons ago.

Yep, I said in the summer that it wouldn't take long for the difference between the old deal and new deal (rather than the splashy 150 million figures you'd see in the press and quoted by supporters) to be swallowed up as part of the normal budget as it's converted into new and renewed contracts.

Who would you genuinely trust as a two in midfield currently ? For me maybe make both Wijnaldum and Henderson sit, you can then allow the fullbacks forward. Sturridge could play in that set up till we get someone better. And better midfielders.

I meant he should have bought a dm. This team has been crying out for it for years. And I don't mean Lucas.

AnfieldHQ @AnfieldHQ

Talks between Lallana and his representatives are at an advanced stage & he is to shortly pen a deal worth £150,000 a week. (Chris Bascombe)

He'd be extended until 2021. The new deal is well-deserved, Imo, but those are some high wages.

Absolutely ridiculous wages for anybody,let alone somebody like Lallana. Yes he's done well but is far from a world beater as they should be world beaters wages.

He's been back for about four games, ya nutter.

I think youll find hes been involved in 8 since his layoff. One or two decent games in 10 is usually enough to see him proclaimed as world class though, so we're at least due a few decent performances. One look at Coutinho's wages compared to his contribution, and it seems churlish to have a pop at anyone else getting a pay rise.

Why aren't we playing that formation already?

It crystal clear that playing this 433 4141 4123 thing is costing us a multitude of problems defensively.

The one common thing in those formations is 4 at the back. And so they are all wrong. We play with two at the back becoming 1 or none as Matip/Lovren move into midfield

No issue with him getting a contract per se, although I agree with the poster who said it is a very bizarre time to be handing out new contracts when the teams been largely playing shite for 2 months. 

The most baffling thing for me though, is the supposed £150k p/w. There are much better players than Lallana out there who I reckon we wouldn't dream of offering that kind of money to to come here.

A lot of players come the summer are going to look at the bar we've set for the good, if not absolute top notch players we already have here and probably end up walking away when we offer them a fraction. 

No issue with him getting a contract per se, although I agree with the poster who said it is a very bizarre time to be handing out new contracts when the teams been largely playing shite for 2 months.

The most baffling thing for me though, is the supposed £150k p/w. There are much better players than Lallana out there who I reckon we wouldn't dream of offering that kind of money to to come here.

A lot of players come the summer are going to look at the bar we've set for the good, if not absolute top notch players we already have here and probably end up walking away when we offer them a fraction.

They're looking at players with less than 2 and a half years left.

• 2 weeks later...