You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

Considering for the last 18 months or so he has consistently covered more ground than any other player in a Liverpool shirt, and has covered more ground in a single game than any other player in the league, it's safe to say that all the bollocks about him having a dodgy ticker and couldn't play beyond 60 minutes was invented by someone in the employ of Davy Liver and perpetuated on here by people who are less than enthusiastic about Lallana no matter what he does.  

How much will you pay me for his mobile number? 

Lallana is testimony to effect of Klopp.

Great manages make players and the team better.

Lovren has changed beyond all recognition since Klopp arrived.

Lallana has been a revelation. I always thought that he was a preening waste of time. Since Klopp arrived he has been outstanding. The ground he covers, the nuisance he is to other teams, the speed of his feet and vision and his creative play are outstanding.

He played against Arsenal like his pride had been hurt by how shit he was against Leicester.

Can't ask for a better reaction.

Or did he just play like he was playing one of the big teams.

Delighted we won but so disappointed with this team recently.

I watched his interview alongside Mane after the match yesterday, and obviously he'd played well and so had we in general.

He spoke reasonably well, of abut bland, but one thing stood out which was a comment about the frustration of playing like this so soon after being shite and he said something about "we're still young, we're still improving"

I just thought that sums him and us up. He's 28 for fucks sake, whether we as a side are young or not doesn't mean much to him mKing that comment, he's happy to find an excuse to sit behind.

Like Henderson. Good player, not strong enough mentality to lead us to serious success.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Matip is a good defender and Gomez is coming along nicely. The former needs a better partner than Lovren; the latter needs to keep getting experience, but thus far this season, for me at least, he's doing well. He's faster than I remembered, and looks that way through losing a bit of muscle. And he has a good cross on him. Ultimately he will probably end up in the middle, but it's tough to learn your trade there. Mind you, Lovren fills me with such little confidence that based on current options, I wouldn't be wholly against seeing Matip and Gomez getting a run in the middle together.

Oh, and since it's the Lallana thread I'll comment on him! He's not the worlds greatest player and I don't think anyone is suggesting he is. But he is a good player and we do miss him. He has two good feet, works hard, presses, and at his best helps us do good work in the final third. Against some of the teams who are tucking in and currently containing us, Lallana might have helped to break them down.