You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

True friends

lifetime fan

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Mansfield/Nottingham is not a fucking Northerner!!!! 

It is where I live in East Angular. Loads of Cockney overspill here. Right on the three borders of Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire. You probably Google Mapped my house when you sent me that wallet anyway, I know what you’re like. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It is where I live in East Angular. Loads of Cockney overspill here. Right on the three borders of Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire. You probably Google Mapped my house when you sent me that wallet anyway, I know what you’re like. 

No but I will when I send you this t-shirt now you've said it. 

But yeah, cunt yard for cockney overspill. I was in Stevenage a bit over the summer and it's horrible. The only thing worse than a cockney is a wannabe cockney. or a cockney who can throw his weight around because he knows everyone wants to be a cockney. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

No but I will when I send you this t-shirt now you've said it. 

But yeah, cunt yard for cockney overspill. I was in Stevenage a bit over the summer and it's horrible. The only thing worse than a cockney is a wannabe cockney. or a cockney who can throw his weight around because he knows everyone wants to be a cockney. 

Had the pleasure of driving to Stevenage on Sunday. It was my first time in the town centre and it felt grim as fuck. 

Maybe it’s nicer in the summer. 

On 16/01/2023 at 16:38, Captain Turdseye said:

My best mate and his inability to manage money is becoming a right pain in my arse. 

Let me prefix this with - he’s my best mate and I’ve never been arsed about lending him money as and when, and even when I haven’t had it I’ve been happy to dip into my overdraft and facilitate a loan between him and my Lloyds bank account. 

He split up with his bird, the mother of his kids, a few years ago. He had a decent job at the time and ended up back at his ma’s for a bit. You’d think someone could build up a bit of a nest egg in those circumstances but this lad isn’t like that. His old relationship was pretty toxic by the end. He was drinking loads, etc, the house had fallen into a horrible state. On and on it goes, I’m surprised they lasted as long as they did. As soon as he got a new bird, his ex stopped him seeing the kids. Proper cunt’s trick. 

When him and his new girl moved in together I let him sort out a telly, washing machine and fridge through my catalogue credit. I was made up to see him get back on his feet. That was the first time I’ve ever had to chase him for anything though and he was ultimately late paying the stuff off. Soon after that, his woman ended up going back to Poland and he had no intention of moving away from his kids so he was left with a three bedroom house that he was needing to finance himself as well as paying maintenance/child support. 

She went back to Poland on the Monday, I said I’d go up to Runcorn on the Friday and we’d just do man stuff. Play snooker, get pissed, meet old mates for a drink, whatever. 

I got to his on the Friday and already his ex had her claws back into him and you could tell by the kip of his house that she hadn’t changed one bit. Me and him still went out one night but it wasn’t exactly the lads weekend I had planned for him. 

Since then he’s lost his house, moved back in with her, very recently lost his job and borrowed money off me multiple times that I’ve had stress getting back off him. Even while he was still grafting, trying to get the money back off him was becoming painful. 

He still owed me £75 in the summer holidays when I got a call off him. He’d had some issues with his bank card or some shit. He needed £200 just for a couple of days to take his family on a day out. I’m never not gonna say yeah to that. It was a legit day out, I’ve seen all the pictures but I told him it could only be for a couple of days because I needed money for my own holiday. 

Anyway, none of the £275 was quick coming back. It took me until mid-December to get just £200 back off him. He’s done my head in with it, specifically because I didn’t need persuading at all once I knew it was for his kids, yet I’m having to chase him round for it back and every time we were speaking it was always part of the conversation. 

I wasn’t gonna cut off 30 years of friendship over such a small amount of money but nevertheless he’s taken the absolute piss out of me there and we both know it.

He’s just rang me up now. Needs £180 to pay off some people by tomorrow. I said just turn the lights off, hide upstairs or something but then coaxed it out of him that it was debt owed from sniffing gear. He wasn’t even doing the stuff when he was with his Polish missus. I love the bloke but I’m done playing this game with him. I don’t have hundreds of pounds lying around waiting to bail him out. 

I’m annoyed he even asked. He still owes me money as it is. 

I’m more than annoyed actually. I’m fuming. Somehow I have to jump in to save him from getting his face smashed in? Sorry. No. 

They’ve split up again. He’s back at his ma’s with none of his clobber or anything. 

I’m putting him on a train down here tomorrow so he can get away from everything for a bit. 

I’m really am a fucking true friend. 

• Upvote 2

• 10 months later...

Yeah, this didn’t end well. I’ve spoken to a couple of people on the forum about this stuff as it was happening. Long, long story but basically my “best mate” is an absolute bellend. Pathological liar. He hasn’t been home or seen his kids since I posted on here in January that he was coming to stay at mine for a few days. He was on my couch for three weeks before I got him into a hostel. Set him up with one of Mrs Turdseye’s mates as well. Did everything in my power to get him set up and on his feet. 

I could fill an entire page with what’s happened this year. Loads of weird, sly little things, but I think the bottom line is that I’ve grown up since I moved away, whilst he’s turned into a weird, Walter Mitty, snide, little tit. It’s a shame. I clearly put too much stock in how long we’ve known each other. 

Haven’t seen or spoken to the lad since August. That bird’s family all hate him. He’s put a wedge between her and my missus as well. Now he lives probably less than a mile away as the crow flies and he’s walking round my town wearing my clothes. It’s funny really, but I’m 100% done with him. Turns out he owed £1600 to some lads for beak and he couldn’t pay. I found all this out later. He couldn’t pay so instead of taking his hiding like a man, he’s abandoned his entire family. 

I’ll be calling him a shithouse next time I see him, let’s see what happens. 

JohnnyH was right about something for once. 

On 16/01/2023 at 19:17, Section_31 said:

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah, this didn’t end well. I’ve spoken to a couple of people on the forum about this stuff as it was happening. Long, long story but basically my “best mate” is an absolute bellend. Pathological liar. He hasn’t been home or seen his kids since I posted on here in January that he was coming to stay at mine for a few days. He was on my couch for three weeks before I got him into a hostel. Set him up with one of Mrs Turdseye’s mates as well. Did everything in my power to get him set up and on his feet. 

I could fill an entire page with what’s happened this year. Loads of weird, sly little things, but I think the bottom line is that I’ve grown up since I moved away, whilst he’s turned into a weird, Walter Mitty, snide, little tit. It’s a shame. I clearly put too much stock in how long we’ve known each other. 

Haven’t seen or spoken to the lad since August. That bird’s family all hate him. He’s put a wedge between her and my missus as well. Now he lives probably less than a mile away as the crow flies and he’s walking round my town wearing my clothes. It’s funny really, but I’m 100% done with him. Turns out he owed £1600 to some lads for beak and he couldn’t pay. I found all this out later. He couldn’t pay so instead of taking his hiding like a man, he’s abandoned his entire family. 

Mates don't take the piss like that. People change as they grow up, he became more of a bellend and you remained a non-bellend. You're better off well away from people like that no matter what you once saw in them. 

ps. lend's a tenner

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Mates don't take the piss like that. People change as they grow up, he became more of a bellend and you remained a non-bellend. You're better off well away from people like that no matter what you once saw in them. 

ps. lend's a tenner

Have a score. 

That’s exactly it. In the 11 years I’ve been away we’ve clearly changed. Drastically. Pretty unbelievable seeing it close up, but whaddayagonnado?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

What really gets me about this is how he has the audacity to wear all those pockets too. 

Strange lad. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Genuine question has he got a major drug problem? A lot of the stuff he's done sounds like the actions of an addict rather than just a casual user.

That said its not your job support him you've done more than enough. You have your own life he needs to want to help himself. 

I’ve got no idea. I got on it once with him while he was kipping at mine. It was a weekend and my bird was away with the kids. Busted myself by playing loads of old dance tunes on YouTube logged into her account. Got a text off her the next morning saying “Bit old for hardcore trance, aren’t you?” She wasn’t pissed off but made sure to tell me it wasn’t the greatest example to set. 

Back to your question, I don’t think he’s got a drug problem but I wouldn’t believe a single word that comes out of his mouth. He’s just lied and lied about bizarre stuff. Too stupid to even begin typing out. 

Last time I properly heard from/about him, he’d gone camping in Clacton with this bird and her two kids, kicked off some sort of pissed-up row and disappeared with the girl’s phone, cards and money. 

I got a call from his phone before 7am on the Sunday and it was the girl using his phone, in tears, telling me she didn’t know where he was. I just handed the phone to my missus. It’s Sunday morning, FFS. Before this point I’d already advised her three times to fuck him off after different incidents. 

Turns out he’d jumped on a train to London for reasons unknown. They kissed and made up, and then he started going quiet and just generally making everything feel weird and awkward. She said he was embarrassed, didn’t wanna talk about it, he felt it wasn’t anybody else’s business, etc. He’s obviously got her in a controlling relationship. After that we swapped a few messages on WhatsApp but that’s it. 

He went totally silent for five days before I sent the messages below, which he left unopened, so at some point in his head he’s decided to ghost me. I had a family member in Liverpool in hospital and in a coma at the very end of August. I shot up there ASAP. I know he knew about it because his bird had been to mine while I was gone. He didn’t message me or anything, he’s supposed to be my mate, man. Other people from down here were messaging me while I was up there. I even had more moral support from people I know from on here!

IMG_3580.jpeg

Anyway, when I got home I sent the girl a message so it’d get read. Just basically saying I was washing my hands of him for good, he’s clearly no friend of mine, lesson learned, etc. 

Cheeky ungrateful cunt has either dreamt up some problem, or me being around was impeding him in his quest to control this girl. Either way, the final scene of this drama will be me calling him a shithouse to his face. Let’s see how he reacts to that in the spur of the moment. With any luck he’ll be so intimidated by how hard I am that he’ll fuck off back to Runcorn and pay those other fellas the £1600. 

Whatever his problem is, I don’t think he’s got the minerals to say it to directly to my face when I catch him on the spot. He tried to FaceTime me last month but I just laughed and put my phone back on the coffee table. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Last time I properly heard from/about him, he’d gone camping in Clacton with this bird and her two kids, kicked off some sort of pissed-up row and disappeared with the girl’s phone, cards and money. 

I got a call from his phone before 7am on the Sunday and it was the girl using his phone, in tears, telling me she didn’t know where he was. I just handed the phone to my missus. It’s Sunday morning, FFS. Before this point I’d already advised her three times to fuck him off after different incidents. 

Turns out he’d jumped on a train to London for reasons unknown. They kissed and made up, and then he started going quiet and just generally making everything feel weird and awkward. She said he was embarrassed, didn’t wanna talk about it, he felt it wasn’t anybody else’s business, etc. He’s obviously got her in a controlling relationship. After that we swapped a few messages on WhatsApp but that’s it. 

He went totally silent for five days before I sent the messages below, which he left unopened, so at some point in his head he’s decided to ghost me. I had a family member in Liverpool in hospital and in a coma at the very end of August. I shot up there ASAP. I know he knew about it because his bird had been to mine while I was gone. He didn’t message me or anything, he’s supposed to be my mate, man. I had more moral support from people I know from on here!

IMG_3580.jpeg

Anyway, when I got home I sent the girl a message so it’d get read. Just basically saying I was washing my hands of him for good, he’s clearly no friend of mine, lesson learned, etc. 

Cheeky ungrateful cunt has either dreamt up some problem, or me being around was impeding him in his quest to control this girl. Either way, the final scene of this drama will be me calling him a shithouse to his face. Let’s see how he reacts to that in the spur of the moment. With any luck he’ll be so intimidated by how hard I am that he’ll fuck off back to Runcorn and pay those other fellas the £1600. 

not a good idea to be owing dealers that kind of dough.