You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

They saved us you twat, show some gratitude eh. Things could be like sooooo much worse.

They aren't great and I am not going to defend them but we could do a hell of a lot worse.

I think that these are going to grow the club as much is possible which will put a premium on the price if they sold. I think that will put others off buying the club as there will be very little room for growth which would not make it worthwhile.

The only way I see this club getting sold is if there is a multi billionaire who has a deep and perverse love for lfc.

As of the last available financial accounts (2016), they have not taken a penny out in the form of dividends. They have put cash in, in the form of shareholder loans, some of which was converted to equity, some of which got repaid. Those loans, other than the stadium loans, carried zero interest. The stadium loan is paying something like 1.5% from memory, which is not very much at all.

If only looking at full financial years that they've been here, from year end 2012 to 2016, Total revenues were £1,230m. This excludes money received for transfers

Over the same period, wages were £758, other cash expenses (cost of sales, admin costs, paying of sacked management) were £297m , there has been a net cash outlfow on transfers (cash spent and received) of £208m. Add all that up and you get £1,263m spent.

Just seemed appropriate to quote this from Woolster again from a few pages ago.

We have people getting far too upset about the owners when they are doing what they said they would in growing the club, and from that they are investing in the team, backing the manager, etc. We spend good money on players and we also have some good young players coming through. It's both/and on that score, and should remain so for the duration.

We don't have the latest set of accounts but you'd have to think more money is there to spend. It very much looks like that to me given the effort for VVD, which hasn't run its course yet; and then beyond that if we are looking at the likes of Lemar it is probably with proceeds from the sale of Coutinho, should that happen.

We've been slipping away from the title for 25 years, with a couple of blips along the way where we've challenged, but that was never sustained or built on. It looks to me as though we are building something again and we are on the up. We've been a team spending far too many years finishing 6th-8th but now it is improving. We finished top four, qualified for the CL, held onto our best player, and we just battered one of our rivals. By all accounts people are looking to come here when before they'd have swerved us.

It seems odd to me to be upset with the owners under the circumstances.

We're on the up and I for one will be made up seeing where it takes us. It might be this year or it might be next, but Jurgen will be the manager to bring that title back home.

If we'd have signed van Dijk, Keita and mbappe just over 12 months ago, they'd all have cost less than £10m each and would be described as 'bargain basement signings.'

What planet is this on? A parallel universe presumably?

Man City had a bid of £35m plus tens of millions in add ons rejected by Monaco for Mbappe last summer. Keita moved to Leipzig for £14m and that's their sister club. They would've demanded £20m+ from us. Southampton bought Van Dijk for £14m off Celtic, they would've expected at least double that from us.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Not convinced VVD would have been £30m from Celtic, but agree with the rest.

The problem with using money spent as a barometer is that when we do spend on AOC, he is deemed to expensive!

Spurs midfield of Dier and Ali cost less than £15m. We've spent enough money to have been more succesful than we have been.

Not convinced VVD would have been £30m from Celtic, but agree with the rest.

The problem with using money spent as a barometer is that when we do spend on AOC, he is deemed to expensive!

Spurs midfield of Dier and Ali cost less than £15m. We've spent enough money to have been more succesful than we have been.

I was talking about Southampton expecting double what they paid for him, not Celtic.

I see an Australian billionaire (no, not that one), someone who comes on here and gets his kicks by pretending to be some kind of uber-lefty whilst at the same time rolling in cash.

You, and others, are so comfortably ignorant of the suffering in the world and have been so brainwashed by propaganda. 'd Rather believe someone is a troll than the idea of someone caring about something beyond their own greed.

You, and others, are so comfortably ignorant of the suffering in the world and have been so brainwashed by propaganda. 'd Rather believe someone is a troll than the idea of someone caring about something beyond their own greed.

It was just an attempt of a joke mate.

But you are not wrong about being thoroughly brainwashed by propaganda, me, I don't know about the others though.

They aren't "bad" owners but they aren't brilliant either. They are very good at raising capital and then spinning everyone into thinking it will be spent only for it to sit in a bank account. The deals they have struck with sponsorships etc are very impressive but I look at our playing squad and the jabronis they have around making decisions (yes Michael Edwards, you) and I just can't fathom out why there is still not someone who knows football inside and out running the club. If they had, maybe some of the "hard luck" transfer stories of the past would be non-existent. Instead we've lurched from hardball negotiating to undervaluing players to just simply not wanting to get deals done.

Ultimately, I am not of the opinion we will win a major trophy whilst they are our owners if you discount the 2012 Carling Cup. They are happy for the money to roll in but when it comes to making that squad up there with the best in the league, I don't buy their PR and their spin. They simply don't get deals done and they are going to be our detriment until that changes. It hasn't changed in 7 years, why would it change now?

• Upvote 1

I can't take to them at all, everything about FSG just seems wrong. We will not win a major trophy with them as owners and if we did it would be down to Klopp not FSG. I used to want us to win things the right way but now I just want us to win things again.

• Upvote 2

I can't take to them at all, everything about FSG just seems wrong. We will not win a major trophy with them as owners and if we did it would be down to Klopp not FSG. I used to want us to win things the right way but now I just want us to win things again.

Would they not get any credit for getting Klopp in? Surely partial credit, at least?

"That win isn't down to FSG! Credit has to go to the manager FSG picked and the players that the manager and FSG picked. But not FSG."

Would they not get any credit for getting Klopp in? Surely partial credit, at least?

"That win isn't down to FSG! Credit has to go to the manager FSG picked and the players that the manager and FSG picked. But not FSG."

Or some of the players the manager picked and some that were clearly second choice, I get they got Klopp in and I said a few pages back fair fucks to them over Keita. I just think better owners with a clearer understanding of the game and the club would have won things by now

Does anyone think Klopp would have went to Crystal Palace if FSG were there? It was the club that lured Klopp here not the owners, more a case of Klopp choosing us then them choosing him.

I'd give them about a 6/10 for this window, that might be partly down to Klopp but they've got form for fucking deals up and not quite doing enough since before Klopp arrived so it should be no surprise they kop the flak.

Whoever gives credit to the owners when we win stuff anyway?

Very strange.

• Upvote 1