Quantcast
Should the UK remain a member of the EU - Page 833 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Anny Road

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

264 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

I’m struggling here, is he ultra right wing? If you think that’s evidence he is then we’re all fucked. 

The topic of discussion is quite right wingy. So are some of the speakers.  I guess the "sharing a platform with" argument only applies to the lefties? 

Consistency, kids....

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The topic of discussion is quite right wingy. So are some of the speakers.  I guess the "sharing a platform with" argument only applies to the lefties? 

Consistency, kids....

Look who’s back!  It’s been a while. 

Nice to see see you back in early morning glue though.  Well done. 

So, is he ‘ultra right wing?’ 

1 minute ago, rico1304 said:

Look who’s back!  It’s been a while. 

Nice to see see you back in early morning glue though.  Well done. 

So, is he ‘ultra right wing?’ 

I haven't been anywhere. You just haven't posted anything worthy of my time. 

He's shared a stage with a person who compared refugees to a zombie invasion overtaking Europe. That's language typical of far right speakers. 

I'm not sure if I'd class Andrew Neil as ultra right wing. I'm merely highlighting the inconsistent application of the "shared a stage with" test, Pops. I'm sure you'll avoid that issue in any further response though. 

Just now, rico1304 said:

Never really heard of him to be honest.  

Probably best not defending his connection to Andrew Neil and the Spectator then. Might end up looking a right ignorant blert. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I haven't been anywhere. You just haven't posted anything worthy of my time. 

He's shared a stage with a person who compared refugees to a zombie invasion overtaking Europe. That's language typical of far right speakers. 

I'm not sure if I'd class Andrew Neil as ultra right wing. I'm merely highlighting the inconsistent application of the "shared a stage with" test, Pops. I'm sure you'll avoid that issue in any further response though. 

Oh no, he’s unleashed the ‘he’s older than me jibes’ how will I get through the day.  (The answer is ‘in luxury’ by the way)

he shared a stage stage with Douglas Murray? Is he the ultra right winger? 

1 minute ago, rico1304 said:

Oh no, he’s unleashed the ‘he’s older than me jibes’ how will I get through the day.  (The answer is ‘in luxury’ by the way)

he shared a stage stage with Douglas Murray? Is he the ultra right winger? 

Whataboutery. And avoiding the issue. As predicted. 

8 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Probably best not defending his connection to Andrew Neil and the Spectator then. Might end up looking a right ignorant blert. 

Was Oban there? 

48 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Always thought it strange that the BBC used a proboscis monkey to interview politicians.

tenor.gif?itemid=8660294

Harsh on Fiona Bruce.

31 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Careful with the spelling: Oban is lovely; Orban is a cunt.

Ha, thanks.  

So, was he there? 

The other bloke Josef fella, is he the ultra right winger?  Never heard of him either? 

Orban is not ultra right wing, if he were, we would run out of adjectives for those to the righ of him. Think he is most frequently classified as a right wing populist.

I'm old enough to remember another backbench MP who was motivated to do the right thing and scoffed at the notion that politics was the art of the possible. Name has slipped my mind...

8 hours ago, clangers said:

You really think so? This is a government which has shown complete contempt for parliament, if May had her way parliament would have had minimal consultative involvement. Bear in mind that if she wins the vote it's the end of her government thanks to the DUP and at the moment she doesn't really have to do anything further and we crash out in 11 weeks time. It's a non binding 'meaningful' vote. She can also run the clock down by repeatedly bringing her vote back. She now has to report back in 3 parliamentary days, that could include 'no deal', another vote or another round of diplomacy to run down the clock?

Her reputation is that she can be astonishingly stubborn, she decides on a policy position and sticks with it.

If I was betting on this, I think we'll crash out by accident now.

I don't disagree we could crash out accidentally if there is no majority for any plan B but on balance I would bet we don't leave the EU on March 31st. 

I don’t know if he’s ultra-right, and I don’t really care. At the very least he’s a hardcore neolib, which is the other side of that particular coin. Is involved with people on the far right, chairs a far right publication, etcetera etfuckingcetera