You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

chelsea league cup semi final first leg thread

Paco

We haven't got one player who'd get in their first team. To beat them over two legs would require a Benitez like tactical masterclass. Unfortunately Rogers hasn't got that in his locker yet. Can see us losing by 2 goals today.

Sterling?

If Willem and Schurrle (and Oscar) can get regular games for them there is no reason why Lallana and Coutinho couldn't also.

But I take your point nonetheless.

Sterling?

If Willem and Schurrle (and Oscar) can get regular games for them there is no reason why Lallana and Coutinho couldn't also.

But I take your point nonetheless.

Yep Sterling is the only one I considered but I still doubt he'd start most big games!

It unfortunate we drew these cunts in the semi. Two legs is a big ask with our lack of a credible strike force and an average keeper, I would rather play them over one leg at their place given the choice but if we can avoid a loss tonight then we've a reasonable chance.

Why does nobody ever say to him that Cech would have been sent off, we'd have a penalty and they'd have to play 85 minutes with ten men and no world class goalkeeper?

Oh I know, because he's the new Ferguson and we can't question his line of reasoning.  The fucking quilt.

Plus Cech suspended for the final should they make it.

Ref actually did them a favour. Why was it they didn't create a chance for 126 minutes? The ghost goal?

Zero faith in Rodgers being able to set up the side to grind out a result against a better team. He's not managed it before after all.

He'll never win anything in the game until he learns how.

Well, three defeats from three games against Mourinho isn't a good start. But let's see how he's doing after five games - indeed, six games by the end of the league season...

What if he put out a team to 'grind out a result' and we got bummed 4-0? Do we not want to be taking a lead to their place? I don't even think we have the personnel to play any other way but attack. Obviously needs addressing, but I don't think this is the game do try anything other than all out attack. 

Do away goals count? Can't even remember. 

Away goals count, Adebisi, but only after extra time. I think that suits us more than the European rule, because we should just focus on getting an advantage to take to their place, even if it's at 2-1 or 3-2 or whatever. Plus, if it goes to extra time at their place, it'd mean we get an extra half an hour to try and get one.

I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain.

I hope I can make it across the border.

I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand.

I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams.

I hope we get beat.

• Upvote 7

Zero faith in Rodgers being able to set up the side to grind out a result against a better team. He's not managed it before after all.He'll never win anything in the game until he learns how.

Well there was only one team better than us last season, and we beat them.

Just go out and do what we should have done in April.

swamp the cunts from the start. If they get up to their old tricks of time wasting and trying to slow the game down, get the ball back and swamp them some more.

swamping is tonights tactic.

Just go out and do what we should have done in April.

swamp the cunts from the start. If they get up to their old tricks of time wasting and trying to slow the game down, get the ball back and swamp them some more.

swamping is tonights tactic.

We did go out to attack them in april, I agree with you though we need to get a lead to take to stamford bridge, sitting back playing tight is not the way we should approach tonights game.

All out attack when our top scorer is Gerrard.  Sounds like a plan.  

We've not got the best attack in the league any more, so there's no chance of outscoring teams on a regular basis, especially the better ones.  This approach wasn't even good enough when we did have the best attack in the league.

• Upvote 1

We did go out to attack them in april, I agree with you though we need to get a lead to take to stamford bridge, sitting back playing tight is not the way we should approach tonights game.

we intended to but we never did.

where did that lad kalas go who played cb that day? Had suarez in his pocket and now hes where?

Reminds me of that macheda cunt who ended up winning the mancs the league in 09 and disappeared off the face of the earth.