You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez in "Haters" Adidas Ad

xerxes

Horrible.

Will appeal to simple kids and simpletons.

Seems like Adidas have designed some horrible boot, gathered test audience feedback to say they are horrible, then because a recall would prove too costly have pressed ahead and come up with an advertising campaign that uses the horribleness of the boots as a selling point.

"De only reason you hatin on my boots is you jealous.  I seen de advert, man."

"No, lad.  I said they're horrible cos they are horrible."

Embarrassing all round.

• Upvote 2

I like it.

Boots are shit mind, but I like the ad.

Also like Suarez and always will. He was genuinely Messi-esque for us last season, and there's a fair chance we'll never see the likes of him in our Red again.

You like them ostentatiously flaunting how wealthy they are?

In a time of global poverty and social deprivation in the UK I think it's below contempt.

If they were playing the "jealousy" angle, it should have been about their talent, not their wealth.

But that's just me.

• Upvote 4

"They will hate your boots because they wish they were in them."

Hmmm.

1. I don't wish I was in them.  I'm 43 and a stone overweight, why would I want to make a twat of myself lumbering around up front for Barca letting Messi and Neymar down when I can be sat on my arse drinking?

2.  I do hate them though.  I hate them because they look like slippers and the colourways appear to have been selected by blind spackers during an extended period of torture.  Oh and because they don't have proper studs.

3.  I hate Gareth Bale's goal celebration too.  Got me there.  What, so it's wrong to hate a grown man for a goal celebration that makes him look like a thirteen year old girl taking selfies?

4.  Fuck off now please.

• Upvote 1

In a time of global poverty and social deprivation in the UK I think it's below contempt.

If they were playing the "jealousy" angle, it should have been about their talent, not their wealth.

But that's just me.

Unfortunately "we" are just as interested in their wealth and lifestyle as we are in their talent.

This is an ad about "fashionability", just using the boots an any excuse to sell the brand, I think.

ie. trainers, tops, t-shirts etc...

And yes, it is rubbish.

"They will hate your boots because they wish they were in them."

Hmmm.

1. I don't wish I was in them.  I'm 43 and a stone overweight, why would I want to make a twat of myself lumbering around up front for Barca letting Messi and Neymar down when I can be sat on my arse drinking?

2.  I do hate them though.  I hate them because they look like slippers and the colourways appear to have been selected by blind spackers during an extended period of torture.  Oh and because they don't have proper studs.

3.  I hate Gareth Bale's goal celebration too.  Got me there.  What, so it's wrong to hate a grown man for a goal celebration that makes him look like a thirteen year old girl taking selfies?

4.  Fuck off now please.

A good post in full.

Get a fucking grip.

The way football is going, do you honestly think we'll have the best player in the world playing for us in the next however many years? I certainly don't.

And I don't care what anybody says, he was the bet player in the world last year.

But that's just me.

How's that view from your high horse?

People flaunting their wealth is fucking everywhere. If a bloody ad gets you bent out of shape, you're living in the wrong era.

The way football is going, do you honestly think we'll have the best player in the world playing for us in the next however many years? I certainly don't.

And I don't care what anybody says, he was the bet player in the world last year.

Since 2001, from memory, we've had three players considered by their peers to be in the best three players in the world. Given you're adding Suarez to that list last year that means we get one at least every four or five years.

You're being a bit hysterical.

• Upvote 1