You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

Glad he was back on the pitch today. In his cameo he peeled out wide and showed a decent touch as he faced the defenders, but other than that he didn't do much. He wasn't a threat in the middle and didn't stretch his legs and show his pace, but the all important thing was he got back on the pitch again.

Hopefully he will build it up from here by adding more minutes and showing us a bit more.

The scrappy nature of the performance after we scored meant that he wasn't really involved. What I did like though was when he picked up the ball out on the right wing, held it up and brought Ibe into play. Nothing came of it as I think Ibe played it back to Clyne and we moved the ball infield, but Sturridge's first move after laying the ball off was to run directly into the most threatening area in the box. If Ibe had chosen to take his full back on and cross it low across the six yard box, Swansea were in trouble because Fabianski wouldn't have been able to come out to stop the cross so his defenders would either have been scrambling desperately to get it away, or Sturridge would have had a tap-in. He's normally lethal in those situations, and it's largely because he always looks to get in the most dangerous positions.

• Upvote 1

Good to see Benteke making an appearance as the hatstand.

I'll get my hat...

I fear there will be a few more of those down the line.

I doubt Klopp would have bought Benteke and its difficult how he will fit into a high tempo pressing game. I think we caught a glimpse of our best spearhead when Ings and Sturridge were paired 

I fear there will be a few more of those down the line.

I doubt Klopp would have bought Benteke and its difficult how he will fit into a high tempo pressing game. I think we caught a glimpse of our best spearhead when Ings and Sturridge were paired

Totally forgot about Ings.

Must be hard for him. Think he would have excelled under Klopp

So this is the first time Sturridge has pulled out of a game and not been injured, is it hard to understand he might feel wary when he feels pain after however many months out.

As for those talking nonsense about Sturridge being selfish when Suarez was here he was the one laying on goals for Suarez and the greedy one out of the two was Suarez.Suarez said Sturridge told him no matter what anyone said they could be successful playing up front together so making out he was jealous of Suarez or wanted to replace him in the team is nonsense.I can remember games off he top of my head where Sturridge went out of his way to make sure Suarez scored like Sunderland and Stoke away, if I was to look back at goals from that season I'm sure I could find a lot of other examples.

As for him not wanting to play and he's more interested in off the field things I can't buy that either, he's always said he loves everything about being a footballer like the training, match day etc etc.He does look a bit pissed off recently, considering all the stick he has got from fans for being injured which is out of his control I can understand why.

• Upvote 1

So this is the first time Sturridge has pulled out of a game and not been injured, is it hard to understand he might feel wary when he feels pain after however many months out.

As for those talking nonsense about Sturridge being selfish when Suarez was here he was the one laying on goals for Suarez and the greedy one out of the two was Suarez.Suarez said Sturridge told him no matter what anyone said they could be successful playing up front together so making out he was jealous of Suarez or wanted to replace him in the team is nonsense.I can remember games off he top of my head where Sturridge went out of his way to make sure Suarez scored like Sunderland and Stoke away, if I was to look back at goals from that season I'm sure I could find a lot of other examples.

As for him not wanting to play and he's more interested in off the field things I can't buy that either, he's always said he loves everything about being a footballer like the training, match day etc etc.He does look a bit pissed off recently, considering all the stick he has got from fans for being injured which is out of his control I can understand why.

JP knows

not.